Hackers Now Selling ALL Facebook Users' Private Messages

Alternatives To State-run Social Media: >>>/prepare/20 | archive.fo/Eq9dR
https:// web.archive.org/web/20180924174142/https:// 8ch.net/prepare/res/20.html

Back On September 28, Facebook announced that as many as 90 million users may have had their "access tokens", which keep people logged into their account, stolen by hackers. The number was subsequently reduced to 30 million accounts whose phone numbers and email addresses were accessed in the largest security breach in the company's history.

Of the 30 million exposed, 14 million users had much more data harvested, including; "username, gender, locale/language, relationship status, religion, hometown, self-reported current city, birthdate, device types used to access Facebook, education, work, the last 10 places they checked into or were tagged in, website, people or Pages they follow, and the 15 most recent searches," according to the company.

It now appears that their private messages were also compromised.

According to the BBC, hackers appear to have compromised and published private messages from at least 81,000 Facebook users' accounts. The unknown perpetrators also told the BBC Russian Service that they had details from a total of 120 million accounts, which they were attempting to sell.

Meanwhile, Facebook said its security had not been compromised noting that the data had probably been obtained through malicious browser extensions.

Despite denying it had been breached, Facebook said it had taken steps to prevent further accounts being affected even though just over a month ago it admitted a massive hack had broken through its security tokens.

Meanwhile, the BBC said that while many of the users whose details were compromised are based in Ukraine and Russia, some are from the UK, US, Brazil and elsewhere.

"We have contacted browser-makers to ensure that known malicious extensions are no longer available to download in their stores," said Facebook executive Guy Rosen.

"We have also contacted law enforcement and have worked with local authorities to remove the website that displayed information from Facebook accounts."

The breach was first noted in September, when a post from a user nicknamed FBSaler appeared on an English-language internet forum: "We sell personal information of Facebook users. Our database includes 120 million accounts," the hacker wrote.

archive.fo/9GOm8
zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-03/hackers-claim-breach-120-million-facebook-accounts-put-private-messages-sale
There has been one previous thread about this article.

Attached: Hackers Now Selling ALL Facebook Users' Private Messages.jpeg (300x168, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1oO0_1oS_oU
youtube.com/watch?v=4MqOdKpjmXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=z5imiHYoBx4&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't trust third parties with personal info, this is exactly what happens over and over again. Users are brainwashed.

Facebook still sucks!

This.

No PWs for banks or Amazon etc

BUT

and the 15 most recent searches,"

Dad searched for preteen hot boys and now they want his PW or the search will be made public.

But that wasn't Dad, that was his 12 yr old daughter

Fuck social media.

Not all social media is bad, just the platforms that mandate to know everything about you and don't allow anonymous conversations. All the mainstream commercial FANG platforms suck ass. Image boards on the other hand are great!

bumping true news

Morning real news bump

Attached: 95052210b885a43d716e53a98a3a6b4c877feb1ed299d613119e274a67fc4136-b.jpg (548x548, 41.2K)

Good morning user. Thanks for bumping legit news. You guys need more of this kind of REAL news!

This is propaganda to condition the users to the idea of having their data stolen. All those constant news about hacks will make the public go numb to the underlying problem of privacy loss. The goal of all this is to make them accept that freedom is not important.

Well thats a strange way to look at it, but I could see how it might condition and desensitize people over time to accept it. However the OP is not propaganda, its news with dire warnings NOT to use their services and to be careful what kind of personal data you post on the internet. This is not really propaganda to say "oh, get used to it goyim!" its more like "stop using platforms like Facebook because this is what ends up happening!"

I wasn't talking about OP warning others. That's fine. But the whole concept of MSM pushing privacy leaks headlines continuously is a financed tactic. Wikileaks already proved that the alphabet clowns have full access to everything, which means ongoing outside meddling (not including other secret agencies) makes no sense. The thing is…user data in 2018 is a lucrative illegal currency and they all selling it back and forth across the globe. Yet they can not just drop the bomb on the public without creating dangerous unrest, so they use slow conditioning to make the masses docile to the crimes committed against them.

I simply avoid most social media services (anything mainstream that it) and use a private VPN, with a few security addons like Random Agent Spoofer, Noscript, IP Flood and HTTPS Everywhere. Plus I disable WebGL and WebRTC and telemetry urls in about:config and I'm fine.

THIS and forward secrecy. Keep as much of your personal life off the internet as you can. Don't shill who you are, everything you do, where you go, what you buy, etc. Use cash as much as possible and avoid online banking too.

bump

Facebook still sucks.

Facebook still sucks.

Where? link plz

They say somewhere on the darknet but the media won't disclose where, only a low quality snapshot pic of it.

crowdfund a couple of billion and we could rid the planet of vermin

Anyone subscribed to Facebook is so NPC trash that they deserve to be destroyed. Quite frankly their only value is as organ donors and dog food.

Reminder: FACEBOOK STILL SUCKS!

yes it does

Facebook still sucks

when did it not? facebook was always a pile of shit. i remember when it was first 'cool' to get on it all the normies tried to push me into it and I refused because it was shit and everyone on it was shit.
fast forward a couple years and everyone around me was completely numbed out to the data collection already. facebook: the movie. zuck the hero. what the fuck is wrong with people?

Bobby Fischer talks about how US are controlled by Jews.
youtube.com/watch?v=1oO0_1oS_oU

Michael Jackson's opinion about Jews.They're like leeches.
youtube.com/watch?v=4MqOdKpjmXQ

Chess Champion Explains Who Killed Michael Jackson !

youtube.com/watch?v=z5imiHYoBx4&feature=youtu.be

Attached: p7-chafets-a-20171209-870x613.jpg (870x613, 64.78K)

I know Facebook has always been shit but why has there been so many vulnerabilities lately? Did they outsource their dev team to Pajeets?

still semi fucked, but hopefully mitigated damage
deleting account soon now that no longer need to use messenger for college groups

Post yfw you're not an NPC.

Attached: smug spicer.png (470x486, 296.16K)

what the hell is an NPC?

Facebook forever sucks.

bump