Motel 6 Pays Millions To Settle Suit Filed By Harassed Mexicans

NEPTUNE NEWS™

Motel 6 has reached a tentative agreement in a lawsuit that claims it discriminated against some of its Latino guests and violated their privacy, a civil rights group says.

The suit says two Phoenix locations of the hotel chain gave details of at least seven guests' whereabouts and handed other personal information over to federal immigration agents before the guests got arrested.

The claim was filed by a Latino civil rights group, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund.

The suit also alleges Motel 6 has a practice of giving guests' check-in information to US Immigration and Customs Enforcement without a warrant or a reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is going on. Turning over their information to ICE is a violation of their privacy, the suit says.

Motel 6 has agreed to settle the suit, but it's subject to a federal judge's approval.
MALDEF officials say they've reached a settlement, but they're not releasing details yet. CNN has reached out to Motel 6 officials for comment but did not immediately receive a response.
What the plaintiffs say happened
Court documents describe one account of what allegedly took place at a Phoenix Motel 6.

Last June, a woman and her four kids checked in at the Black Canyon Motel 6 to get out of the heat because their apartment didn't have air conditioning, the lawsuit says.
When she registered, she showed a hotel employee her Mexican consular ID. The worker photocopied it.

Early the next morning, three ICE agents banged on the woman's hotel room door. They called themselves police, the document says.

When the woman opened the door, the agents interrogated her in front of her kids. They asked her to confirm her identity and threatened to separate her from her children, so she cooperated.
Before they left, the agents gave the woman a letter telling her to go to an ICE office. When she got there, she was fingerprinted and interrogated again by an ICE agent.

The woman asked the agent if a Motel 6 employee had given them her information. The agent laughed and said her name just happened to pop up in the system. After that, the suit says, they arrested her without a warrant.
The court documents list several similar stories that claim the motel violated the rights of its Latino customers. Of eight Latino guests who stayed at the Phoenix-area motels, they say seven were arrested. At least one of the individuals arrested was subsequently deported, the suit says.
www-m.cnn.com/2018/07/10/us/motel-6-settlement-ice-trnd/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/search?q=motel+6+suit&oq=motel+6+suit&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.12..0l5.2319.15350.0.16313.19.15.3.1.1.0.197.2579.0j15.15.0....0...1c.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..0.19.2711.jPNHjPTsr3Q

Attached: 170914202150-motel-6-phoenix-large-169.jpg (460x259, 53.79K)

snore

who
fucking
cares?

A: Motel 6's Insurance Underwriter

Murrica.

it appears that you have difficulty reading

They weren't following legal procedures, and in fact, they violated the law.

They wouldn't be handing over millions of dollars if they did nothing wrong

Murrica
(proof that justice still exists)

I think hes implying that a law preventing people from reporting illegal activity is dumb.

reminds me of when I woke up this morning to have Wendy squeezing out a hot jet of tarry black diarrhoea into my mouth
I scraped the corn husks and carrot strands off her inner thighs with my teeth afterwards.

There is no law preventing people from reporting illegal activity

Based.

Privacy laws prevented the Motel 6 staff from reporting illegal immigrants.
Well in this case they still reported the illegal activity. But they were punished later for reporting it which will discourage people in future.

Nope. There was no illegal activity, hence the lawsuit (and the settlement)

Somehow you managed to completely missed the part about her being falsely arrested without a warrant and for no reason

Reason?
I am bi-assed

Now Motel6 get no more beaners to turn in even if they will no longer turn them in because they have to pay put

They lose twice.

What's wrong with america?

Why even settle? Motel 6 did nothing illegal.

Oh, but they certainly DID

and even though they violated the paying customer's rights, this was a CIVIL ACTION, not a criminal prosecution

Trust Me…. The team of attorneys would never have advised their client to settle out of court unless they knew their CLIENT WAS LIABLE

and even though they violated the paying customer's rights, this was a CIVIL ACTION, not a criminal prosecution

Trust Me…. The team of attorneys would never have advised their client to settle out of court unless they knew their CLIENT WAS LIABLE

Welcome to reality

Most probably, because i cant grasp how reporting possible illegal aliens to gov authorities is violating the privacy law.

Reality is - what will cost them less. Thats it. Add jewish lawyers that will happily advise them incorrectly to protect their immigrant golem and youre done.