Why do American Christians feel the desperate need to insist on a 7-day creation?

Why do American Christians feel the desperate need to insist on a 7-day creation like the very foundation of our faith rests on this very debatable notion? And go on to insist that people who reject it are un-Christ-like heathen unworthy of continued association?

So many youtubers, so many pastors, so many church leaders are emphatically devoted to this notion of a literal 7-day creation and a roughly 4,300 year-old earth, and that when problems are presented with this view (why did God create dinosaur bones? why did God make st8ch.net/christian/catalog.html#ar- or galaxy-light in mid-flight from source to our eyes? what is geology? etc), new fangled scientific "theories" are posited that rely more on science fiction than any reliable facts.

I don't make this thread to attack. I have no issue with the Biblical literalist viewpoint as a stout and defining defence of the Scripture of God which is, undeniably, under relentless attack. I am even perfectly willing to concede that my more fusionist views are plain wrong, that God will correct my view in times to come. I say "Hallelujah!" for I know He will always be right. I am, after all, the second-greatest of sinners, so no thought or postulation of mine is not tempered by or infused with sin. But, I *really* do take exception to this idea that we must excommunicate those who don't believe as WE believe, that anyone who espouses a non literalist view of Genesis 1 & 2 is a heretic and non-Christian.

But, why should I be surprised? I look around at Zig Forums still fighting its thousand year-old war over some words about the Spirit, and its 1,700 year-old war over Pastor Jim pbuh. ;-D I kid, I kid. I just love the meme.

I guess what I am lamenting is that while I understand perfectly why there is no peace in the world, infused with sin and discord as it is, I kinda forlornly hope there might be some in the Church. Alas, I guess I have to wait for sin to be purged from us, too, before those days will come. #sadEmoticon

The older I've gotten the more respect I have for young earth creationists. I used to mock them during my edgy atheist phase but now I understand the cancer of modernism I'm inclined to agree with them. If you're going to be Christian then you might as well go all the way and trust the Bible completely. What difference does it make whether you believe in science or the Bible? The only reason people try to be old earth creationists is so they don't get made fun of by their atheist friends, but I couldn't care less what atheists think nowdays. Screw them, the Bible is right.

Most people are neither intelligent, impartial, nor wise. Unfortunately, this can only mean that the effects of Original Sin take hold of even the humblest Christian. I posit that each of those traits is independent and together account for all the madness, when combined with the reality that positions of authority on religious matters are a complete free-for-all.

Here is some advice from St. Augustine:

But they do mental gymnastics when it comes to John 6:48-61, Mark 14:22-24 and 1 Corinthians 10:16…silly protties; they literally reject the body and blood of Christ like jews yet have the audacity to call themselves Christian, jump around invoking His name, spit on the Church fathers and the Church itself which gave them that which keeps their arrogant spiritually dead "holy" book club alive…pathetic.

Attached: 6AC335DB-14B5-4594-A972-09BAF5CC25DD.jpeg (283x358, 22.66K)

I can't answer your question, but search for Kent Hovind for details on Creationism

This has always stumped me but for different reasons. Does it really matter if the age of the earth is in the thousands or billions? Is this a must to believe in order for your salvation? What happened In genesis is over and done with. I believe we should instead look for the messeges in the Bible to be good Christians instead of technicality of how old is the earth. So to answer your question, it doesn’t matter either way. Don’t think about what happened then, think about how to serve God now.

Because masons under control of the jews put chemicals in the water to make the Christians dumb turning them into young earth creationists. They then voted for Trump because he was 70 years old (7 days of creation times 10) who furthered the jewish zionist plot of world domination.
tldr: the jews did it

Because sin only makes sense with a literal Adam. Paul certainly believed in Adam. If Adam existed, and if the creation account is 7 literal days (and it really is literal) then the Earth can only be several thousand years old, because we have a direct lineage from Christ to Adam.

Personally I couldn't care less how long it took for God to make the world. So long as we assume that God created the earth at all, the length of time it took and when it took place isn't very important.

Augustine's logic doesn't hold up because it's pretty much a fact that Christianity is meant to be addressed to everybody, from the rich to the poor, and from the geniuses to the idiots. There will be idiots that need Christ and when they convert, they will continue to be idiots while sharing the gospels or at least trying to share the gospels.

Those who would not listen on account of the stupidity of Christian idiots still have no excuse, for they sinned in laughing at idiots rather than understand that yes, they're dealing with idiots that don't possess the means to intellectually comprehend what they're talking about. You don't get to tell God, "Sorry, but 80% of your people were idiots that brought scorn on your religion, so I didn't believe them."

If a moron told you the sky was blue, would you laugh and disbelieve him because he lacked the vocabulary or mental processing power to explain it to you? Therefore, all we can do as Christians with better mental acuity is keep marching on and powering through the BS.

It would seem to be an admonition against speaking confidently about things one doesn't truly understand, which is important for both the educated and the uneducated among us to take heed of.

Attached: 9a38269d3a2bb2eebd6c1019df356e0a.jpg (1350x2250, 312.38K)

Mm hmm.

Ah Americans.

The existence of Adam is a dogma but doesn't imply at all the 7 day creation. If most church fathers didn't believe in a literal 7 day creation why should I take pastor Anderson word for it?

There was some post cap that I saw that said universal creation was normalized to seven days but relativistic forces on spacetime mean it's not in the same frame we would be familiar with. Basically from our point of view one day would be a billion years or something like that, even though within the local laws of physics it is actually one day. Kind of like how there are theoretically pockets in the present universe where the speed of light is not constant.

The Fathers believed in a literal Genesis (although with additional layers). Read St. Basil's Hexameron.

>Everything in the Bible should be taken absolutely literally. The world was created in six days and science is (((gay)))

Attached: DIRjtqVUEAAgsy8.jpg (526x461, 18.56K)

Attached: 1436177464311.jpg (399x324, 95.88K)

Saingt Augustine believe in metaphorical 6 six of creation as he says in the city of God. As for the rest he takes genesis literally and so do I.

You reject the biblical truth of the Lord's mass, because you believe that those who present the arguments have nothing to say.

Noice quote!!

you have mistakenly come to the conclusion OP is a gadolig like you.
Silly gadolig. OP is proddy.

kinda my thoughts

I certainly believe in Adam. I most assuredly believe in a literal Adam and original sin, I also believe Christ's parentage descends from Adam and David. I also believe the earth is older than 6,300 years. sorry, it should say 6300 not 4300 in the OP, too. I left out the present 2,000 years since Christ.
I do not see why – other than a flaky insistence that God meant for Gen 1 & 2 to be read as literal – a "day" has to be literal and not figurative, as in one of God's days. I mean, there was no sun to measure the first four days by. Nor any humans to observe the time period. It is literally God telling Moses how things went down. Why be literal – does Moses understand string theory?
I'll reiterate that I don't reject 7-day creationism as ridiculous or scornful. I know many fervent and devoted believers hold to it. I do lament some's insistence on its theological importance.
Though I do contend that it only became a "thing" now after Intelligent Design got laughed out of dodge by critics and atheists so folks doubled down.

Keep your fly buttoned – the word "some" is just implied as being before "American".

fun fact: I first posted pic related exactly a year ago. Never realised that. Noice coincidence.

Attached: not-young-earth-creationism-post.png (893x786, 214.62K)

OP has two instances of the word "some"

>thousand year-old war over some words about the Spirit
and
>I kinda forlornly hope there might be some in the Church

There is zero indication that OP believes anything but that all American Christians are young earth creationists. We aren't.

Didn't you get the memo? Everybody before puritans and evagelicals in America got the creation account wrong.

Brainlets insist on the 7-day creation because they aren't truly saved. Once you humble yourself and believe in the Lord Jesus, the Spirit of Truth will dwell in you.
The fool saith in his heart, there is no God. Stupid people cannot be saved.

(you)

Attached: 743198da066689a6e4d1ac41374666956152947548ad759d78516cf6a5423add.png (816x587, 116.08K)