President Donald Trump hits out at 'insulting' European army suggestion from Emmanuel Macron

standard.co.uk/news/world/president-donald-trump-hits-out-at-insulting-european-army-suggestion-from-emmanuel-macron-a3986426.html
Donald Trump has hit out at the French president for suggesting Europe needs an army for protection from the US, China and Russia.

Mr Trump posted about the “insulting” comments from Emmanuel Macron on his Twitter account.

He wrote: “President Macron of France has just suggested that Europe build its own military in order to protect itself from the U.S., China and Russia.

“Very insulting, but perhaps Europe should first pay its fair share of NATO, which the U.S. subsidizes greatly!”
Although President Trump said that President Macron “just said” the idea, it was reported on Tuesday he made the statement.

"We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America," Macron said on French radio, the Wall Street Journal reported.

He said Europe needed the army so as to reduce reliance on the United States for defence.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (968x664, 645.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/09/trump-paris-macron-peace-forum
zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-10/trump-makes-friend-macron-one-day-after-insulting-army-spat
reuters.com/article/us-france-defence/france-says-it-must-use-fewer-u-s-parts-in-its-weapons-systems-idUSKCN1LM2CK
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angevin_Empire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wew, can't wait to have a gaggle of belgian mystery meat niggas kick down my door for not heiling der Merkel enough :^)

I mean, isn't that what Trump wanted in the first place? That Europe could independently take care of its own defense as a whole?

Hell, no. You got it all wrong.

Trump (or, to be specific, US government, or to be absolutely clear MIC lobby) wants EU to cough up more cash for NATO (tithe 2% of their GDP). The excuse given is that the money already paid are not sufficient to cover expenses of NATO forces occupying "protecting" Europe.

I.e. what is meant by "Europe must protect itself" is "Europe must pay enough money to us to make our protection of it profitable", not Europe actually protecting itself by going AWOL and relying on their own troops to defend themselves from any potential enemies (who would inevitably include US). Should this happen, US-in-general would not only lose control over EU (as is, stationed troops can be utilized as "military police" to enforce pro-American attitude of EU regimes either as implied threat, or directly - by supporting "legitimate" government), while US military-industrial complex will lose most of the money they get to suck from EU military budgets.

Predictably enough, EU does not want to invest into (what they rightfully perceive NATO to be) American army and try to either weasel out of such "commitments" (as was the case before), or invest money into their own military (what Macron is implicitly trying to do; he wouldn't dare to openly say this).

A bit more coherent article that points out that Macron was talking about "hacking attempts in our cyberspace":
theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/09/trump-paris-macron-peace-forum

Attached: popcorn.png (471x292, 35.2K)

The mutt/jewish empire is afraid. Why can't we send europeans to die for us and control their foreign policy?

It might be true of countries like Belgium or Poland, but France especially has its own MIC and already builds and exports all-purpose warplanes, tanks, submarines, missiles and shit.

France, a nuclear power with a blue water navy, couldn't care less about the US military umbrella. the US MIC is a competitor to their own, is what it's about.

Can't strong arm European nations like Poland and the others in the eastern bloc if you don't have a monopoly on their "protection".

Not that OP cares, because its just another one of the thousands of Trump-bashing threads.

An update (for those that actually care):

zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-10/trump-makes-friend-macron-one-day-after-insulting-army-spat

Well, it's hard to beat recent acquisition of missiles by Poland, but it's usually Italy and UK at the top. Something like 85% weapons UK uses are US-made. In Italy it's about 60%.

France also imports, though not as much.

That is not exactly true.

Consider this article, for example:
reuters.com/article/us-france-defence/france-says-it-must-use-fewer-u-s-parts-in-its-weapons-systems-idUSKCN1LM2CK

> 85% of imported weapons

No the US wants to vassalize Europe but also bitch and complain that they are doing everyone a favor by doing so.

And this is what will be the capstone to the tyranny that is the EUssr.

I think this will be a better thread once I post this..

Attached: Nigger.mp4 (406x720, 8.53M)

I think this will be a better thread once I post this..

Attached: 3ea29ab6fb6aade98dc9de87601e2fe310b9f92670db2585f3650d7bf91f09d9.jpg (540x720, 86.9K)

Macron says x
Wake me up when he does something

We're just going to conscript all the Muslims and send them on cargo freighters to the states.
10 million of them packed with explosives ought to do it.

the article actually proves my point: France doesn't want to rely on the US. Find the defense minister in other european countries with a similar line - most don't want to anger the US. the few things they import, the French want it replaced by domestic or at least european products. Budgetary constraints are why it is not undertaken right now, but it's an actual long term objective - unlike other euro countries who resigned to the eternal US grip on their military capabilities.

By the way, you are very ill-informed or can't read french to believe there is no MIC in France. To name one of the most egregious example, warplane maker Dassault and its power on politics and the media is well-known.

The fuck is with this OP wording?

Attached: D1E34F86-2B15-4043-B25A-92E06CFBA740.png (600x507, 93.03K)

So we've all been thinking that WW3 was going to be caused by Russian expansionism, or Muslims doing Muslism shit, or just by China being a cunt - but have we ever considered that WW3 might be caused by the US demanding that Europe & the UK increase their tributes to keep the NATO protection racket worthwhile for the burgers? France and Britain are still nuclear powers (and thus, at least theoretically, a potential threat to the USA, stop laughing it is kinda possible) so America either needs to keep them at heel or declare them to be the new 'Evil Empire (tm)' in need of liberation.

But not from the niggers and mudslime raping and murdering your wives and daughters daily in your own country or the kikes that are enabling it. Good choice there frogs.

France is rightful German clay

Ah yes the intelligence of trumpstein, Europe should pay it's fair share to nato for… still being illegally militarily occupied? This dumb yid sure has a hard time understanding things like this cost money for the invaders, I thought jews were supposed to be smart around finance.

what would europe even call their military? the safe space army?

An altercation between Europe and the US was an inevitability at some point. Eventually someone would get the balls to ask why there are dozens of US military bases in their country

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angevin_Empire
Most of it is actually rightful English clay

The Sword of Soros

why has he even fucked off to europe at all ? what the fuck is wrong with this guy ? your country is fucking burning and you just fuck off to play grab ass with faggots

Putin likes this

Attached: 2ff010ce47590832690f6a70670042f8_c0-122-2867-1793_s885x516.jpg (885x516, 40.46K)

I heard Democrats(d Bob Woodward,) say Trump does get that the US military in Europe isn't there just for the Europenans and asians but for the USA also.

Poland, Hungary, BLYIC STATES, YES

GERMANY, FRANCE,GB, NORTHERN EUROPE, NO

But is the US removes from those states, it looks more like it's the US and the old eastern USSR vs Russia

Attached: I have no mouth and I must cringe.png (1200x794, 1.2M)

Lets blow up the train stations.

Attached: 2205f06780cee5cbfb3583e08903118dd6ae98480fc3976020693d2198473b99.png (574x601, 130.14K)

Attached: вставленное изображение 993x893.jpg (993x893, 328.36K)

I thought your point was that it doesn't rely already.

I never said there wasn't one. Also, you don't seem to be able to read English, as the article also points out dependence of French MIC on US industry.

It's practically inevitable for WW3 to be caused by the US in some shape or form. American influence is waning, while internal problems grow - both result in increasingly aggressive foreign politics that tend to rely on threats of "military solutions" (as US is becoming incapable of providing other kinds). Sooner or later someone (I'm betting on China manipulating this someone) will be forced to call US bluff.

I doubt that it will play out this way. At the moment, EU simply can't stand up to US on its own - either Russia or China (or both; if not the entire BRIC) will have to prop them up. France is simply trying to drum up some nationalism to make Macron seem in charge of the situation (since economy is falling apart something has to be done). It's more about posturing than actual decisive change of course.

I would say, it is not impossible for EU to implode and for subsequent clusterfuck to trigger conflict that will escalate into WW3.

Sweet summer child …

Attached: artifact ridden piece of shit.jpg (1024x752, 93.15K)