State-run Twitter Deletes 10,000 Users At Request Of Democratic Committee

Alternatives To State-run Social Media: >>>/prepare/20 | https:// archive.fo/HPl2B
https:// web.archive.org/web/20181110155635/https:// 8ch.net/prepare/res/20.html

Twitter has deleted over 10,000 user accounts at the request of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee – a group that represents Democrats running for the U.S. House of Representatives.

A spokesman for Twitter recently told Reuters in a statement: “We took action on relevant accounts and activity on Twitter,” following the removal of over 10,000 Twitter accounts in September and October. The removal of the accounts is reportedly due to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) a party group that works to help Democrats running for the U.S. House of Representatives.

Breitbart.com reports: archive.fo/eeIEd

The DCCC reportedly began working to have social media websites crack down on certain accounts following the spread of “misinformation” about Hillary Clinton and other Democratic candidates during the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election.

Reuters notes that misinformation campaigns running up to the November 6 midterm elections have not been particularly common, Democrats are hoping that their efforts to crack down on social media will help if there is a large amount of social media activity during the final days before the election.

Reuters reports that according to three party sources, DCCC has developed their own system for finding and reporting automated accounts on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.

The system used by DCCC implements tools developed by University of Indiana computer researchers called “Hoaxley” and “Botometer” which help to identify and analyze the spread of bot accounts.

Filippo Menczer, professor of informatics and computer science at the University of Indiana, commented on the programs stating: “We made Hoaxley and Botometer free for anyone to use because people deserve to know what’s a bot and what’s not.”

The Democratic National Committee works with multiple contractors to identify misinformation campaigns, one such contractor is RoBhat Labs, a firm which specializes in detecting bots and identifying political-bias in messages.

Ash Bhat, co-founder of RoBhat Labs, commented on the work the firm does with the DNC stating: “We provide the DNC with reports about what we’re seeing in terms of bot activity and where it’s being amplified… We can’t tell you who’s behind these different operations, Twitter hides that from us, but with the technology, you know when and how it’s happening.”

archive.fo/w5qIT
newspunch.com/twitter-deletes-users-democratic-committee/

Attached: State-run Twitter Deletes 10,000 Users At Request Of Democratic Committee.jpg (699x393, 59.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geti2p.net/en/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This censorship will be their demise, may take some time, but alternative platforms will grow and gain traction.

I left Twitter and FB on my own after they sent the government to swarm my house and now that I'm no longer on there they still swarm my house. They hate real Americans.

Not very surprising if true. Capture it on film if you can and get a lawyer. The lawyer will help you file a restraining order if they are intimidating you outside your home.

You would think that, but with sites like Gab, Infowars and others being shut down and losing financial support from "neutral" parties, it's clear that mainstream monopolies do not want competition.

Gab is back up from what I hear and the Infowars site is still running (now using alternative platforms like real.video to stream their videos). This is likely to continue as the censorship gets worse. They can try taking down the alternatives but the alternatives will decentralize and create even more obstacles. I predict a new wave of web-based P2P-style networking will become inevitable similar to how Bitchute utilizes Bit Torrent and bit.tube utilizes IPFS.

How's the weather in Moscow, Ivan?

Attached: 014054714ATAL9151613ag5c5bca71f17dbbfe6d7e1a59.jpg (550x554, 28.7K)

REAL NEWS.
NO JEWS.

True. Somewhat funny how the internet is this close to becoming like America during the prohibition era.

Imagine being a commie that accuses everyone that disagrees with his politics of being a russian. You people are deranged.

They were clearly Russian bots hacking our election.

Thank God the internet was created by Americans back in the day. Thats why it is so resilient to censorship.

All continued censorship will cause is technologies that get around the internet as it is.

By state run, do you mean the state of confusion ;)

No he means United States of America israel.

Take your drugs

Based nepotistic pajeets

Attached: Pajeet.png (2294x1334, 1.54M)

It is. There will come a day when posting tits and beautiful women will be revolutionary.

Attached: 1538580697741.jpg (650x1011, 134.69K)

Oh…

Basic P2P can pretty much overcome any form of censorship. We just need some tech savvy freedom-loving geeks to make a P2P web platform thats easy for normfags like us to use.

geti2p.net/en/

Oh no no no, its private capitalist business. You know, your dreamland - unless youre not the owner.

Nope, its a govt subsidized corporation that hands over user data to governments as well. Big Tech = govt subsidized and privileged. Look at how much our "economic news" media like CNBC shills FAANG stocks (big tech) 24/7.

Will look into I2P, sounds promising!

twitter still sucks ass

We're not going to ask their permission. Fuck them. If we have to go P2P to share info then so be it.

good luck getting the masses onto tor/zeronet/i2p

The masses are beyond hope. The masses are still at Facebook and Instragram. You know what? Fuck 'em!

The masses have NOTHING to offer me! You know who still offers quality content? Image board users, P2P file sharers, Bit Torrent users, alternative news/media sites! And these dwellers ain't no normfags! They ain't Facebook/Google/Twitter dwellers!

So all those normfags on those normfag state-run mainstream social media sites can KISS MY ASS, don't and never will need them!!

STATE-RUN SOCIAL NETWORKING SPOOKS, FUCK THEM ALL.

Whats the subsidy, and subsidy is not ownership anyway, doesnt make it state run. Just because they buy data, its not ownership.

They ARE state-run and everyone is catching onto it.

Oh they are state-run, they allow governments to pressure them to censor their users, control narratives, shadow ban all dissent, allow the govt access to all user data, etc. All big tech firms do this and many are heavily subsidized thanks to government intervention in the economy.

assholes

TRUE NEWS

anti-slide