SAINTS

SAINTS

Who are some of your favourites and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

scripturecatholic.com/saints-and-intercessory-prayer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I mean, I like St. Isaac of Syria and St. Gregory of Nyssa (though I'm not really well read about his works).
But for a bit silly reason, my favourite is St. Anthony, simply because after torments he stood up and started mocking demons and calling them subhumans. He was basically a channer before chans and Internet ever existed.

Reminder that St.Paul call the church members in Corinth "saints", despite experiencing spiritual difficulty almost to an autistic level.

I think most saints were like this.
Isn't there a Roman Catholic medallion with inscription basically telling devil to kill himself?

You're not a Saint, humble yourself.

scripturecatholic.com/saints-and-intercessory-prayer/

Attached: St. Catherine of Siena.jpg (2736x3300, 1.22M)

Considering yourself a saint is one of the most obvious signs of prelest, FYI

Saint Elizabeth of the House of Arpad and Saint Ladislaus because he was literally a paladin.
Hungarians are based and so are their saints.

Going with a cliche and say St. Thomas Aquinas mostly for being so inspiring for my intellectual life.

St. Gemma Galgani, by whose intercessions I became a Catholic, and then afterwards making me perfectly non-heretical to the extent of my knowledge, and humbling me to love Christ.

St. Drogo. A physically repulsive hermit and patron of shepherds.

Attached: 408-card_1024x1024.jpg (683x1024, 207.8K)

Can you just stop it? Your saint worship is pure idolatry. Seriously go read the KJV Bible and get saved. Jesus is the only way to God not some saints or Mary. That's pure idolatry.

Dulia =/= Latria
I only read Scripture in my native language and the KJV is a bad english translation, commissioned by a literal sodomite, that has 66 books because it lacks 7 holy ones…no thanks, Satan.

Attached: e3da3a8fd648d0541071b2cb57e532db523e29aa6da3b00bcfc50938c175ebea.webm (500x285, 10.66M)

Attached: No IFB.png (2100x1158, 1.81M)

That's a stupid made up distinction without a difference.

God using sinners to accomplish his works is a really Biblical thing to do.

Also, I've read your dumb little extra books like Ecclesiasticus and the Wisdom of Solomon and it's basically just a rip off of Proverbs.

James White is a heretic who is going to burn in hell for all eternity.

Attached: Trail_Blood_Complete_SM_Color_Corr.jpg (760x964 248.08 KB, 162.54K)

Can you poohing autists stop ruining the thread or at least open your own?

John, for writing one of the most important books of the Bible.

Thats nothing. They actually claim to be Cathars too.

Attached: mary_worsip_is_crazy.jpg (400x268, 41.75K)

…and if his sinful god still thinks about condemning him he'd have to repent…it's a done deal…

Two different words with two different meanings are distinct, my brainlet friend.
The english version blessed by God is the Douay-Rheims Bible, not one that is named after an unrepentant sodomite who thought Christ and St. John had a similar perverted relation as him and pic related #2.
Said like a jew; no wonder your lacking of holy books is due to the authority that you give to a jewish council that rejected them, as they rejected Christ.
You'll be buddies in Hell.
lol, you don't have a clue.

Attached: bf2f9fb9ea3590d828db0c6b5ed26d9a493d04c422b35670a114f5c5e4172f4b.jpeg (380x546 47.13 KB, 45.34K)

Satan isn't the Holy Ghost.

😂

Attached: 1c6d7b83ab40d7e057c23fd9a25d2411f71dab008b7da31ea7c3eebd6d0260fc.png (340x580, 329.69K)

Well, it was a nice thread for a little over an hour.

Which Saints do you like?

Attached: 2666316.jpg (2975x3134, 1.21M)

I have news for you. The Baptist Church was founded by Jesus Christ in 33 A.D.

No they're the same. As said, a distinction without a difference.

No Satan wrote that blasphemous version. God does use sinners to carry out his works. Might I suggest reading actually reading the Bible for once instead of obsessing of your heretical saints?

Yes, as Paul tells us, we are the true Jews (Romans 2:29, KJV). So I thank you for that because now I know that even satans like you can acknowledge that. You, on the other hand, are kikes. Talmudists and Papist Romans are the kikes who killed Jesus. The Talmdusits literally handed Jesus off to one of your Bishops, Pontius Pilate, to have him crucified.

No you will be with him in hell burning. I will be in heaven because I am saved.

You don't because your mind has been blinded by Satan.

Also, Exodus 32:14 is saying God simply changed his mind to not inflict punishment, not repented from sin. Maybe you should actually read the Bible, because if you did then you would know that.

My favorite is probably Isidore the Laborer. Just a humble farmer who performed acts of charity beyond his means, and god always compensated for him in these instances. His story is very simple but still a testimony to holiness.
St. Jerome as well, but for different reasons. I ask him to pray for me whenever I get crabby and am about to start arguing with people online or in real life, I know how much vitriol spilled into his intellectual life if he had access to the internet oh boy.
And St. Wenceslaus my patron saint, because he is a living testimony that faithfulness and charity can be found even in high stations of life like royalty, because I tend to resent the rich and those in power so I need intercession like that.

Attached: 571030103_orig.jpg (799x1200, 153.65K)

Please stop worshiping him and worship God. Thank you.

please go back to >>>/islam/

No u

Pic related is its founder; wake up.
😂👌

Attached: John Smyth.jpg (292x388, 17.95K)

He is not our founded Jesus is. See the trail of blood your brainlet.

😂👌

*founder

See the flat earth.
😂👌
pic related

Attached: OC 2.jpg (985x988, 373.56K)

Please stop being so vitriolic in this thread, Saints are recognized in practically every pre-modern Christian denomination. Your sentiments are extremely modern and liberal, and also mostly American. My religion is ancient and Greco-Judaic, not burger.

Jesus founded my Church.

That's great user! The first step in converting is acknowledging your religion is pagan and false.

HES NOT EVEN CHRISTIAN FFS, HES A LITERAL TROLL, STOP GIVING HIM (YOU)S AND POST ABOUT SAINTS

I said already:

But that's actual nonsense and against the Bible and made up by people like you to discredit the Bible.

To "work out" is to continue in Jesus Christ, Paul is saying nothing there about working our way to salvation, that takes place after one is saved when one becomes holier in Christ. Paul is telling us we should stay away from sin and continue to follow in Christ. But as the Lord himself says, even if we fail to do this, we are still saved.

What is it that you like about him? Do you feel a certain connection?

Attached: St. Germaine Cousin.png (440x703, 533.93K)

I feel very connected to his hermit lifestyle and his tragic youth.

I only replied once to them to be fair, that was probably a mistake, but I am posting about saints.
In case anyone hasn't studied their lives already, Jerome and Augustine are highly relevant to today's youth despite both being traditionally perceived as bookworm scholars. They both struggled greatly with sins like lust and struggled to find faith in circumstances very similar to today's college students. Jerome's example actually helped convert me, I went to church despite not believing in the way that he would visit the dead despite not being Christian, and through the influence of others converted.
Aquinas too was highly religious and not just a stuffy scholar, the typical image of these saints as a bunch of robotic ivory tower academics is way too common nowadays.

Attached: jerome-vs-aug.png (874x473, 863.2K)

I really like Don Bosco, he was absolutely based. The way he helped thousands of poor children back when the rest of the world pretty much abused them never fails to bring tears to me eyes. No wonder the "every priest is a pedo" meme makes me rage so hard.

Attached: Don_Bosco3.jpg (320x420, 26.28K)

Saint Christopher because a mistranslation turned him into a holy furry.

But on a more serious note St. Seraphim of Serov, because he honestly exemplifies everything I strive to be: humble, able to explain huge mystical concepts, and gentle enough for bears to come to him to be fed.

Attached: 0fbef736fe211d8428e48cca8f44e8dd.jpg (640x640 97.04 KB, 93.83K)

St. Dismas because he protected the holy family and died on the cross next to Christ. St. Alonso because he preached on hell a lot, and probably did the most miracles, he was spitting out miracles like a machine gun.

Attached: 365px-Alonso_Cano_-_St._Vincent_Ferrer_Preaching_-_Google_Art_Project-249x328.jpg (180x469 39.73 KB, 29.98K)