I'm not trying to troll you guys, and I'm practically sure you won't have any answers for me...

I'm not trying to troll you guys, and I'm practically sure you won't have any answers for me. But I wanted your opinion: If God knew that sex was bad why did he make us sexual creatures instead of asexual creatures, like bacteria? I guess maybe because there are two parents but one parent seems to be fine for bacteria. Just wanted some thoughts.

Attached: Milky_Way_Arch.jpg (4000x1212, 3.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm
orthodoxwiki.org/Sex#Purpose
bible.com/bible/59/1co.7.1-5.ESV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: serveimage.gif (480x287, 704.46K)

Sexual perversion and lust is the result of the fall

Sex isn't bad. Sex is a good and even holy thing, through which a man and a woman become one flesh and give birth to a new creature in the image of God.
However, it's not because sex in itself isn't bad that the use we make of it with our free will is necessarily good. On the contrary, using a holy thing to commit blasphemous and horrible acts is extremely evil.

Oh, I was always taught to not have sex and that sex is bad. I mean sex without the intent for reproduction. Is that bad? I don't think it's bad unless you have a baby or catch an STD or hurt yourself on accident or something, but I'm thinking you guys think it's bad.

So like, why not just eliminate the desire for sex by creating your creatures sexless?

Sex has it's purpose within the wedding bed. sexually promiscuity is the abuse of what God created for humans.

I have heard sex is allowed in marriage, but it was a minority opinion and I have heard it argued against. So, why make us sexual and not asexual? Is it to have sex? It seems to me that asexual reproduction would be just as fun as sex is to us. It's a biological imperative and those (like food consumption) give us pleasure when they are fulfilled. So is it the companionship?

Where are you getting those opinions from?
There's already a thread about this so you can read it.

Sex in marriage is very much permitted and actually a good thing. It does have to be open to procreation and you can read more here: vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm
especially from 23630 on.

orthodoxwiki.org/Sex#Purpose

I can't even remember where I got these from. Probably talk and the internet.

If someone raised you to think sex was bad because you might get pregnant or catch an std, methinks whoever taught you about sex was less concerned with you growing up into a healthy happy person than they were with making sure you didn't create inconveniences for them.

I think you were dealt an injustice user.

Eh, what's one more in justice? At least now I know according to these sites sex in marriage isn't bad.

So I'm just wondering could you have any kind of sex? Like could you torture your partner? Like, how bad could it get? Pain and BDSM is not one of my fetishes, but I'm just wondering.

It needs to end with your seed headed for an ovary.
I mean, rape and other outright acts of cruelty are their own problem, obviously, but if the two of you are eccentric? well, I can't day polite society would necessarily be thrilled to hear about it, but God wants to reward your genes with a second act and your old age with the blessings of family user. It's only bad if you're extremely short sighted.

Oh, so I was right. Sex is bad.

What I meant is sex without reproduction.

The conception of the Theotokos by St Joachim and St Anna shows us what ideal intercourse should be like: perfectly empty of carnal passion. However, we cannot expect every couple to manage to reach this as soon as they are married. Indulging in fetishes is most definitely sinful, because you leave the door wide open for the passions and carnal lust, but you can certainly have sex with sexual desire for your spouse (but again it is not ideal).

If good sex is rape for you, I don't know what to say. Rape, masturbation, sodomy, etc. are absolutely forbidden and gravely sinful acts. That's like saying driving is evil because the law doesn't allow you to run over people.

So is pleasure bad for you guys? Do you guys really just go about your lives as stale, sterile good people?

Even a horse breeder could tell you that user.
Scientists who say that the dopamine rush of orgasm is its own positive end are, like so many other incompetents in today's field, blithely disregarding warnings from previous scientific experiments. Example, the case of the monkey with the brain implant that allowed it to orgasm if it pressed a button.
It didn't go well for the monkey. It pressed the button repeatedly until it was cunning blood, and died. It is not that different for us.
How infantile to think that we are so different, imo.

Do you even hear yourself user??

Okay why is the passion bad?

It isn't…?

I can't figure out why you talk about sex only being fun if it's meaningless, though

WHere did I imply anything was meaningless? Are you assuming I am an atheist who believes that?

I'm kind of amazed by the gulf between your outlook and my own. From here I feel like I'm trying to convince my diabetic father that it isn't the apocalypse to have to eat sugar responsibly. Interested in keeping the discussion going but it's time to work. God bless, man.

That's some pseudo-catharist stuff right there. Sex inside marriage for procreation is a great thing, just don't be promiscuous or use contraception tbh

Not this damn thread again

If a man loves God then he will do everything in his power to be with Him. If not, then he will definitely try to avoid Him. Why? Because of who God is, His nature, in other words. God's nature is perfect goodness in whom there is no darkness at all. If we love evil, the perversion of the good set before us by our nature, then we just don't love God.

Attached: natural law.png (786x572, 91.29K)

Because we're made to deal with sins.

Sex is pretty bad. We're baptized because we're born from sex. Jesus was pure because he wasn't born from sex.

Why not just adopt some kid? There are millions of orphans in this world.

The virtue of chasity would be useless then if we were asexual.

This post should be bannable heresy

Elaborate.

Here, have all my jpegs if (you) want them so much.

Attached: YouAreFuckingStupid.webm (970x582 178.45 KB, 137.59K)

…you happen to hang around a lot of anti-overpopulation activists, out of curiosity?

Attached: Why.jpg (290x504, 31.8K)

What? Sounds like you were raised in a cult. Sex is good and beautiful as long as it's an act performed within holy matrimony between a man and a woman. No mainstream denomination says sex as an act is intrinsically bad. Sex outside of marriage, homosexual sex, sure, that's bad. Sex itself is good, but it has it's purpose and place within creation.

Like there's nothing wrong with eating a Big Mac by itself. But if you're having a Big Mac for breakfast, or eating Big Macs every day then you might reconsider your choices. There is a time and place for all things and the time for sex is after marriage between two consenting partners.

Sex is not bad. Sex is a beautiful thing as an act of love sanctified in marriage, and as all beautiful things it is an image that reminds us of God's perfection. For every good thing on Earth there is a corresponding divine attribute in God.
However, as all good things it can be misused and perverted. Even kindess can be misused, and we have an exceptional example of this in the modern church of nice.

The purpose of sexuality is to express love between two people of different genders bond into a sanctified union for life through the sacrament of marriage.
Sex outside this is like an immature fruit cut from its tree: it will rot.

Legit question, are you a cathar or into some weird gnostic cult?

sex out of wedlock is bad. Some people would argue that having sex with a condom or without the purpose of reproduction is bad but imo i think God is fine if two married people enjoy each other

Where have you heard it? Certainly not from the Bible
"But if they are not practicing self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame with passion." (1 Cor 7:9)

I'm a catholic, thank you. Feel free to refute my argument.

1 Corinthians 7:1‭-‬5 ESV
bible.com/bible/59/1co.7.1-5.ESV

That's certainly not a Catholic viewpoint, if anything it sounds gnostic

See

LOL

You're funny, OP

Sex isn't bad God created you to have sex and have children. What he doesn't want is for people to go around winnie the pooh any hole that will let them in like an animal.

Sex is bad? Wtf lad?
Sex with your lawful wife is to be commended.
Not God's fault if the Fall which we provoced turn sex into a vice.
Now when it's lawful and done with the intent to make children it's a moral action.
Or do you thing God would make us to commit a sin to make kids?
Not even prots believe in that.
That's just secular retarded opinions about christianism (and specifically against the backwards Catholic Church that doesn't let two people who "love" each other to fornicate)

God did not make sex bad. Think about men who married barren women, do you think they didn't have sex? And Paul says husbands and wives should not defraud each other (of sex). Is Paul's statement non-applicable to infertile people? Also, sex for the purpose of reproduction doesn't always lead to reproduction anyways. Women are only fertile for a certain part of their cycle.
Sex isn't bad, lust is bad, adultery is bad.

The orgasm exists to encourage procreation. Sex for the sake of orgasm is a waste of time.

Genesis 2:24

You undoubtedly are, either that or you know nothing about Christianity. the Bible has never taught that sex is bad, it teaches that sexual immorality is

Sex outside of marraige is bad.
Sex inside of marraige with condoms is bad.
Sex inside of marraige with birth control is bad.

You should watch this video, it explains things

Sex isn't bad, God made the act of sex for to be enjoyed but only for procreation between a man and his wife.
Being a hedonist burning in carnal lust just to make your peepee feel good is reaping the lust of the flesh.
Adultery and fornicating is a sin.

Seriously dude?

to control our urge, so we don't become like animals.

Attached: God's Love.png (1342x267, 109.73K)

So many precursors.

Attached: predicting the internet culture.jpg (259x384 44.64 KB, 18.44K)

Sex isn't bad, read the book of Ruth. Abusing it out of it's intended purpose carries consequences. You know how you don't stick metal forks in electrical sockets despite them being good for food? Same applies with your genitals.