What do you think the world religious landscape will look like in the future? What religions will grow and shrink...

What do you think the world religious landscape will look like in the future? What religions will grow and shrink? How will certain religions change? What will be the state of Christianity and its specific denominations?

Attached: the time machine.jpg (894x894, 226.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Why-is-Christianity-declining-in-India
newadvent.org/library/docs_df84lt.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Even if the disciples are silent, the rocks will cry out. Christianity will never die.

DEUS VULT
We will retake Jerusalem!

Attached: whelp, time to pull out the whetstone.jpg (455x661, 33.87K)

The mainstream sects will be full of homos, communism, trannies, antifa, and antiracists. Mormoms and Christian Identity will be still be weird but will be the ones actually reproducing and closer to real Christianity than the current state of anything else at the time. Jews adjust their brainwashing for the majority, so unless you're unique you're going to get JEWED. I'm not happy about this, just being realistic.

Overall, Christianity will grow in the world but west itself may become more irreligious unless something will change.
Protestantism will grow world wide and traditionally Catholic countries of South America may even become Protestant.
Catholicism decreases but will continue to grow in Africa and maybe some parts of Asia.
Orthodoxy will grow rapidly, but mostly this will happen in already Christian countries.
Muslim growth depends on legislation of Muslim states, so it is a bit uncertain.
Hinduism will suffer while being replaced by Islam and Christianity.
Buddhism may die out.
Irreligious will shrink just like now, but because of low fertility rates.
Overall, Monotheistic religions will become even more overwhelmingly dominant.

The religious landscape will be the entire domination of the antechrist because let's be frank, we're on the end times.
People don't seem to realize *how much* the world has changed in the last 500years (modern times) and even moreso since the 1960s

By "changed" I mean absurd and unnatural compared to how the world has always been before.
We're closer to Joan of Arc than she was to Charlemagne.

the rate of liberal acceleration since then has been breathtaking. Truly exponential. To think that in just a few decades society has fully accepted things that have been considered incredibly harmful or simply degenerate (for a reason) for thousands of years…

Europe countries will have Islamic majorities.
Hinduism and animism will become popular among the "irreligious" crowds once India and other Asian countries becomes a governmental superpower.
If Catholicism/Protestantism continues on this path towards liberalism, it's going to have a difficult time surviving within cultural pressures. TBH I won't be too surprised if there was a alliance between Catholics and muslims within the Vatican.
I don't have much hope for pagan cults that are popping in Zig Forums.

Just no, nice try, Satan.

Imagine if we had the 90s for our whole life, complete with the internet still being as it was in the 90s.

They aren't telling people to cut their dicks off or shilling antichristian communism. They won't be entirely objectively correct but they will be the closest to it of any relevance in the future. You cast your pearls before swine. The pretty jewels Catholicism and Protestantism are going bye bye.

That would have been the dream.
But let's not idealize our childhood too much. Christians of old would have been horrified by the 90s. It's simply getting worse and worse.

They would lump us in with trannies.

I highly doubt these points.
Both of these religions have autistically detailed scriptures recorded all accross the world, and a very strong (and growing) following, rife with many sects and denominations.

Also, Advaita Vedanta is basically monotheism, and has high standards.

Buddhists have fertility rate of 1.7 (far below than the replacement level) and Hinduism is slowly being devoured by Islam in the East and Christianity in the west. There are already several states in India that are majority Christian, not to mention far more Crypto-Christians hiding it for gibs.
There are also people in higher echelons of the government that abhor Hinduism and system it brought, such as concept of castes and reincarnation, so they actually support protestant missionaries.
quora.com/Why-is-Christianity-declining-in-India

Whoa…

I still disagree on hinduism. It will survive all accross the world.

I predict that Muslims will eventually disappear with the secularism affecting Muslim countries or at least a very washed out version of it.
Meme religions like Buddhism and Hinduism would have lost their identity so much no one would distinguish oriental religions. And paganism might come back with people worshipping Holywood cucks and alike.
Only the Church (hopefully everyone will come back to the Catholic Church by then) and Jews will remain.

user, there will always be people who want an alternative to homocommunism. Unless the church gets its shit together it will die.

But how when Jesus said it wouldn't?

Protestantism grows thanks to megachurch-TV, while Roman Catholicism dwindles due to trumpeting soyshul justice instead of charity and unity. Islam continues spreading with its relatively low practice of contraception, and atheists merrily continue ripping each other limb from limb and starting fires to prove hell doesn't exist.

God's chosen will have the proper doctrine provided to them somehow. God is not limited by institutions. In that sense the church will not die.

Vatican City could even be hit by an atom bomb that the apostolic succession would never break if that's what you mean.

Does your faith hinge on the Vatican not blowing up?

What do you mean? The Church isn't tied up with a physical place.
As some Saint said even if an handful of catholics remained they would be the true Church of Jesus Christ.

I think Christianity in general will become some sort of ersatz false church if it retains any popularity or legal standing at all. There will be lot of dogmatic ones but their faith will be driven underground increasingly. As numbers become smaller, I see this core reforming into a unified section.

I think Islam will start seeing reverses; in Europe I'm not sure but elsewhere it will gain little ground or even lose ground. I'm not sure about Jewish developments. I think pagan developments will phase out like the atheists did a few years ago; there will still be some, but it'll mainly be the "new age" types. It won't completely cycle through for another 20 years however. On less firm ground, I don't know what will happen with the Hindus and Buddhists. Shinto I think will more or less keep on its current trajectory, due to Japan's relative isolative preferences.

I think we could see a genuine Church of Satan later on active in public; not the atheists doing it for edgy ironic purposes but from our specific perspective, since I think there's just a genuine hatred for us specifically and basically adopting the "bad guy" role would ultimately be the most direct means to attack us. And given the way things are going, some areas would see little pushback on them, since social norms have changed so much. They wouldn't be universally welcome in the open however.

Later still I see a small revival of the faith. I think we have to go through a certain set of hard times before we can fully enter Revelation proceedings. The world has to be in a bad state (much worse than it currently is) for Antichrist to reign.

Not saying I disagree but it looks like those remaining Catholics don’t exist in the Vatican.

That’s quite the statement, considering that there Catholics still here on this board who are keeping their faith, no matter how bad things get.

Their faith in what, liberation theology? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Those fags will be just as fringe as they've always been.
They are not exactly the quiverfull movement anyway.

Lmao what? Liberation theology was condemned by the Church and no one here supports it.
In fact those Brasilian heretics actually like and perform rites with protestants against the will of the church.

Islam will become the dominant religion. Christianity will reduce as a whole. Christianity will eventually become underground during the very end times.

Prove those claims would you?

I see hinduism catch on both in Europe and The US amongst the current rightwing neopagans. Most traditionally minded men will be tempted to join unless the church returns to it's traditons.

Buddhism will be picked up amongst liberal types and atheists, but all it's serious doctrines will be discarded for feelgood bullshit.

Islam will grow popular amongst the liberal edgy youngsters because of it's counter-cultural nature and because it's basically a masculine low IQ gang phenomenon, like rap.
I expect lots of edgy vindictive rebel teens to convert to Islam.

Jainism will be extinguished, Sikhism will continue to thrive, Orthodxy will pretty much stay as it is.
Prots will dwindle and die out in time.
Neo-pagans will not be a thing for long, the liberal ones will go for new age shit, the rest will join orthodoxy or hinduism mostly.
I also see a true pagan revival in the Baltics.

Judaism will spead by birth.

Oh user, c'mon. I want to think things are better than they are but c'mon. Do you think God will pamper us after we allowed the wildfire spread of secularism, the advent of mainstream promiscuity, the return of legal abortion, the profaning of marriage…. I could go on. Someone else said we are due for a Babylonian comeuppance, and if you don't see the pieces moving into place I don't know what to tell you. There will be Catholics in the west like there were Catholics in Elizabethan England. Don't lie to yourself, but prepare for hard times coming.
Here's a pic of what to expect out of Rome.

this, whether I like it or not

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_20180913T0758-198-CNS-ABUSE-POPE-USCCB-DINARDO-1-800x500(1).jpg (800x500, 96.35K)

As for the liberation theology shit
newadvent.org/library/docs_df84lt.htm
As for prots being friends with Brasilian "catholics" take the example of the goodbye party of their former corrupt president. A Catholic priest celebrated Mass alonside prots, spiritists etc.

Already happening in Brazil.

Seriously man, that was 1984. The current papacy is acting thoroughly in line with liberation theology. YES the church condemned it. Why do you think this guy cracks jokes about personally instigating a schism?

S-shut up. When Sarah comes to the papacy things will change.

We need to organize worldwide vigils for this

I'm gonna fast on the next conclave.

This is not an sjw video game where you get a black character because you act like monkeys and throw your own feces at people. SARAH is not becoming pope. Ever.

Worldwide communism forcing Christians into hiding their power level lest they get slaughtered. Atheist tranny Jews running the world. Its gonna be terrible.

Nice shitpost.

Shit or not, it's true. If the church elects a guy because of his race (and that is pretty much the only reaspn to elect a trad cardinal through a bunch of pedofag heretic liberal voters) than the whole value system is already done for.

lel, the moment it rumbles in the sky you'll find a "reincarnatin" of Thor being reborn again in the minds of people.

yeah, but we've seen this before (Rome), and it only flagged the end of Western civilisation. The rest of the world should be fine.

I, for one, welcome our Chinese overlords for I know that they will be subsumed by the massive Christian population and culture presently growing there.

Christianity will largely die in the west, though there may be a revival as the west decays into totalitarianism as the rot of present hyperliberalism and correlative sicknesses undermines anything that was good, BUT Christianity will be ascendant in the east and global south. The 1040 movement of the Spirit will see first central Asia and then the middle east flourish with a burgeoning underground Church as Islam jettisons its extremists nutcases and is eroded by its own liberalism. No present religion will die out in a hurry, we're pretty static now, the trenches dug and lines in the sand drawn, but there will be a shift in Chinese folk religion to Christianity, and Islam to Christianity, though the latter will remain a threat. Buddhism will continue to budd, but smaller religions, like Zoroastrianism, will take hits in numbers as mainline religions grow. This doesn't mean Christianity will rule all, au contraire, but it will display a core strength we haven't seen since the middle ages and in places where the Church has never been stronger.

And then, after a few hundred years, my crystal ball falls silent. I assume because as soon as Persian and Kyrgyzstani evangelists descend en masse on Jerusalem, the anti-Christ will make his move, there'll be massacres, and Christ will return.

Attached: crystal-ball-years.jpg (657x404, 33.69K)

Protestantism is definitely growing in Central America, and as is probably quite known is popular in Brazil. Other Hispanic nations less so, Uruguay having the lowest rates of religiosity aside from maybe Cuba.

The future resource "pipelines" might end up being shared between China and an managing African state, probably in the South. It would be for rare earth minerals. In between this the development the Arab gulf states have gone under will serve to make it an affluent commercial hub between these two resource regions. It will probably become progressive and secular in a way similar to the contemporary West. India in this circumstance would also have a good chance of becoming an important commercial hub and in the more immediate future it might be seen becoming increasingly nationalistic pushing for many religious and cultural revivals but perhaps later such efforts might mitigate. Other neighboring South Asian and South East Asian states might also see a benefit from such a state of affairs.

In the West's situation however this might result in several centuries time in it becoming a backwards part of the world where all that is heard of it through news headlines is war and strife as is spoken of the Middle East today. I can easily imagine the American Midwest becoming like this.
Thankfully by then something solar power air transport will allow people to travel and transport things more efficiently and be an overall aid to humanity.

I don’t have faith in secular political institutions, in fact I gave up on politics completely. I have faith in my Church and the Lord, I have faith no matter what happens that as long as faith is remained God shall comfort and console us. I have faith that no matter what happens the Church and it’s faithful remain strong. I have faith in the Lord no matter what happens in this world. If you’re trying to spite me for this, I have nothing but pity for you user, and I hope you change from this demeanor.