Daily reminder to pray for the dead. Help your departed sisters and brothers who are haunting the purgatory

Daily reminder to pray for the dead. Help your departed sisters and brothers who are haunting the purgatory.

Attached: Man-at-Grave-at-Sunset-1500-525x350.jpg (525x350, 13.46K)

prots be gone

OP is right

Try again

Whether you are a prot, ortho, or baptist, please show some respect for this thread as we genuinely believe that prayers help those souls in purgatory reach heaven. I personally don’t know anyone there, but I pray for them nonetheless. If you don’t believe in purgatory, either ask about why we believe in it politely or just simply leave.

Attached: cover1.jpg (500x364, 51.96K)

That's not the Catholic attitude toward non-Catholics on this board and you know it. Take that log out of your eye.

What is purgatory? Pls give a more detailed answer than containment zone.

All me.

Attached: 1441085267019.jpg (598x465, 166.54K)

I'm adding you to my prayers user

Tell that to morons like this
Who enjoy fantasies about Orthodox getting raped by muslims.

A lie

Sorry I’m not like the majority, just a simple Catholic who believes respect towards others is a necessary part in converting them.

I can’t always be to ease the situation, I just do my best.

When you die faithful but with sins, you go to purgatory. It’s a place where your soul is cleansed before entering heaven. Sometimes prayers are needed for this, which is why the OP is urging us to do such things. That’s what I know, but if this thread is alive long enough hopefully a better response can come to you despite the troll posts here so far.

I agreed with everything up until "purgatory"
t. Orthodox

Just replace it with "toll houses"

:^)

Doesn't 1 John 5:16 say to not pray for those who have died?

purgatory is for souls destined to heaven?
or can they go to hell after purgatory?
if they're meant for heaven what the heck are they doing in purgatory lmao

I feel like the toll houses are more related to judgement, like after death your life is being revealed to you and demons are accusing you trying to drag you down, purgatory is being purified by God's love and perfected

Purgatory is where your sins get purged before going to heaven. Do you want to bring the baggage of all your sins with you into heaven?

No, but I'm not going to. My sins have been washed away by Christ. I've read the Bible (oh wait I dont have the Magisterium)

You shouldn't add fiction to and distort the teaching of the Bible, OP.