What Christian denomination comes to mind when looking at pic related?

What Christian denomination comes to mind when looking at pic related?

Attached: IMG_1740.JPG (500x609, 119.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laetentur_Caeli
scripturecatholic.com/deuterocanonical-books-new-testament/
scripturecatholic.com/septuagint-quotes-new-testament/
scripturecatholic.com/blessed-virgin-mary/
scripturecatholic.com/vain-repititious-prayer/
scripturecatholic.com/salvation/
scripturecatholic.com/justification/
scripturecatholic.com/the-primacy-of-peter/
scripturecatholic.com/the-biblical-church/
scripturecatholic.com/apostolic-authority-succession/
gotquestions.org/sola-scriptura.html
gotquestions.org/five-solas.html
ewtn.com/v/experts/showmessage.asp?number=321790
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Sylvester_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kek wat

JWs.

C _ _ _ o _ _ cism

Protestantism
But not because they fall into some of the criteria, but because
Those words are not in the bible so you can be sure you spotted a prot if you saw them.

Never seen someone go full heresy before user?

We don't subtract from the Lord's deity.

The filioque…

How does this make Jesus less God? Read the Athanasian creed.

I don't care about the Athanasian creed.
What I do care about is your heresy. By saying the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Son, you make it so that the Father and the Son have something in common that the Holy Spirit does not. You make the Father and the Son the same person, thus destroying the Trinity and insulting the divinity of the Son.
The alternative is that you make the Father and the Son two separate Gods, which isn't any better.

They're all one God. It doesn't do any of these things. Nor are they the same persons, obviously. And it is procession through the Son not 'from.' Not sure where you heard that line.

It's the JW

You prots are so blinded by hatred for Catholicism you don't even make sense.
The second point is absolutely not what Catholic believe.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laetentur_Caeli

This is what happen to your brain when people you learn theology from youtube videos. You even pretend to teach others what you never learned.

Nice generalization.

hmm, sounds familiar.

Attached: download.jpeg (132x132, 2.73K)

I'm sure I have read more books on the subject than you ever have.

Then you must not be very smart if you read so many books on the subject to come up with those simplistic statements.

scripturecatholic.com/deuterocanonical-books-new-testament/
scripturecatholic.com/septuagint-quotes-new-testament/
scripturecatholic.com/blessed-virgin-mary/
scripturecatholic.com/vain-repititious-prayer/
scripturecatholic.com/salvation/
scripturecatholic.com/justification/
scripturecatholic.com/the-primacy-of-peter/
scripturecatholic.com/the-biblical-church/
scripturecatholic.com/apostolic-authority-succession/

1) The first point is too broad to identify cults, if one took this example, one might end up thinking that Tradition and Deuterocanonical sources cannot inform a person's faith. Perhaps if these things were set on an absolute level with the Bible there might be a problem.

2)
Yeah, this sounds like it was written by a fundamentalist, there are plenty of atheists who subtract from Jesus, but that doesn't mean they are heretics, it's because they don't believe in God.

3) I see where the third point is going, but it's getting really too sola fide for me.

Maybe a better thing to say would be that they make membership in their group as important as faith, not that they "multiply works." Plenty of Christians, myself included don't believe in sola fide. Sola gratia is the only sola I credit.

4) This is just classic cult behaviour, something anyone could have said and been right saying it.

Attached: Heresy.jpeg (500x679, 109.02K)

Attached: 1487189451886.png (645x773, 253.3K)

"lol bro I bet you sit on your knees beside your bed talking to your magic sky daddy"

this is how you sound when you oversimplify prayer.

Jesus and the apostles talked to their Father in heaven. They didn't use beads.

Is that going to be a argument now?
I am not going to entertain it.

Jehova's Witnesses actually believe that. Really.

This is the most retarded thing Ive read here

đź…±aptists

I lol'd
Nice bait. You triggered a massive punch-up over the filioque again …

This board. I tells ya

Papists hit 3 out of 4 points

Attached: scripturecatholic.png (250x253, 10.1K)

nope saved by faith, say nothing bout works, say the trinity is the father son and holy spirit dont add or take away from bible

What are the writings of the church fathers?

Post citations. If it's after Constantine, don't bother.

winnie the pooh that pseudo Arian
Now to the citations (never mind the text formatting)
Papal supremacy
Accept our counsel and you will have nothing to regret. . . . If anyone disobeys the things which have been said by him [Jesus] through us, let them know that they will involve themselves in no small danger. We, however, shall be innocent of this sin and will pray with entreaty and supplication that the Creator of all may keep unharmed the number of his elect (Letter to the Corinthians 58:2, 59:1[A.D. 95]).
Ignatius of Antioch You [the See of Rome] have envied no one, but others have you taught. I desire only that what you have enjoined in your instructions may remain in force (Epistle to the Romans 3:1 [A.D. 110]).
Irenaeus
But since it would be too long to enumerate in such a volume as this the succession of all the churches, we shall confound all those who, in whatever manner, whether through self-satisfaction or vainglory, or through blindness and wicked opinion, assemble other than where it is proper, by pointing out here the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles. Peter and Paul, that church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles. With that church, because of its superior origin, all the churches must agree, that is, all the faithful in the whole world, and it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition (Against Heresies 3:3:2 [inter A.D. 189]).
Clement of Alexandria [T]he blessed Peter, the chosen, the preeminent, the first among the disciples, for whom alone with himself the Savior paid the tribute [Matt. 17:27], quickly grasped and understood their meaning. And what does he say? “Behold, we have left all and have followed you” [Matt. 19:2 7, Mark 10:28] (Who is the Rich Man that is Saved? 21:3-5 [A.D. 200]).
We don't believe in that btw. Only Christ is the mediator. Her paper in salvation is that she was the one who had Christ in her womb and that she can pray for us and certainly her Son will hear her. Next meme issue
Ambrose of Milan
Especially he recommends the Lord's Prayer, and the repetition of Psalms by night, and the recitation of the Creed before daylight (Concerning Virgins 3:4 [A.D. 377]). (post Constantine but non friendly with him since Ambrose believed in the Holy Trinity)
+ Jews before Christ also repeated psalms and prayers, the difference lies in the words vain and "like the pagans do".
Ask yourself how the pagans really pray and then compare with the Jews and Christians.

Ps: I don't understand the fixation prots (and orthodoxs but not in a bad way) have about coonstantine.
In fact he persecuted catholics who didn't believe in the heresies eusebius supported since he was a friend of Arius.
A Pope was even kidnapped.
There's a reason he's not St. Constantine. Not even blessed or venerable.

I thought that the Apostolic Churches do venerate him as a saint.

Orthodoxes only. They call in Constantine the Great, but I don't think they consider him a Saint.
Catholics only view him as a regular dude.

Christian looking cults exist, and you all should be vigilent to spotting them, here is a clip about a man who studied the structure of cults and broke them down into 8 steps.
Please don't say this, Christianity is always voluntary. God created us with free will, not to be black mailed or loved bombed into loving him.

Bible alone doesn't necessarily mean "bible only", just not extra, outside, or non-biblical information, which is vital for spotting a cult.
You know that out of all the solas that certain forms legitimate Christianity, that is the catholic one.
gotquestions.org/five-solas.html

Attached: 8 criteria of though reform.webm (480x360, 15.64M)

Dr. Carrol wrote: "Emperor Constantine was indeed a devoted and devout man, and is recognized as a saint by the Eastern Church. But he is not so recognized by the Catholic Church, probably because he deferred baptism until his deathbed (a widespread and very unfortunate practice in his time) and because he killed his son Crispus and his wife Fausta for no good reason. as described at the beginning of my volume THE BUILDING OF CHRISTENDOM…"
ewtn.com/v/experts/showmessage.asp?number=321790
The Catholic encyclopedia doesn't mention anything about it.
While some catholics (especially Eastern catholics) believe he is a saint, there is nothing that says he was canonised at all.
His mother however is a Saint.

66 isn't 73 nimrod.

Am I being memed on?

Sounds like the Catholic Church to be honest

Which part?

right after the Catechism of the Catholic Church

Guys, please stop with the bickering between Roman Catholics and non-Roman Catholics. We are all brothers in Christ and we can rejoice in that fact alone.

Also to answer OP's pic, that sounds 100% like Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, and the various "Christian" cults I've heard around the world.

Attached: supper.jpg (1732x1113, 116.52K)

Oh yeah your catechism sucks too… Oh wait what catechism?

No, we're not. The papists don't believe in Jesus Christ, they have substituted His gospel with a gospel of works and Him with a man in Rome, they are unrepentant of the grave sin of idolatry and they pervert the sacraments. They cannot be considered Christians

This is bait.

Actually it's fact. Repent of your false pagan religion

I follow Christ instead of a book.

you say you follow Christ and not the book
i say i follow Christ by following the book.

So you follow the book instead of following Christ?

Christ is the Word made flesh

So Jesus Christ is now a book? What's wrong with you idolaters.

We made the creed you profess faggot.
You believe in what we said about Jesus Christ in Nicea. If we the Church founded by Christ aren't Christians (Ironically we were the ones who defined Christendom) your "Church" isn't Christian either retard.
How the winnie the pooh can you be so blind to ignore history? Clearly an American prot, since European ones are a bit smarter.

This is the most retarded interpretation I've seen.
You guys think St John when he says the word was made flesh is that the words of the Bible became flesh, and not the eternal Word (the Logos) begotten from the Father? Wtf? Some sane protestant pls tell me it ain't true.

Ha, there wasn't even a pope back then
Well my religion was founded by Christ, so us Christians are the ones with seniority
My church is Christian because it follows Christ. You are a papist because you are a sworn slave of the pope. Now go back to licking his feet, slave

Pls tell me you're baiting pls.
I guess Pope sylvester didn't exist then.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Sylvester_I
Why did he chose to found it 1500 years after his ressurection?
So my pastor is a dude who claims to be the servant of the servants of Christ?
I don't know what they got into your head.
All you can do is say ad hominem arguments with no fundament.
I recommend you to study history for starters, then inform yourself what the Church really believes. If your faith in your denomination is strong I guess there's nothing wrong in finding out what others believe so you won't look like a 15yo kid next time.

Attached: 1508028220914.jpg (141x141, 5.02K)

:)

Attached: heresy-that-special-moment-when-blasphemy.jpeg (666x500, 123.86K)

Jesus is God, what's your excuse?

You believe in a different Jesus, who cannot save people. You believe in a Jesus people have to reach out to be saved, instead of the real Jesus who reached to people to save them.
You believe that man has the the ability to seek God, yet it is written that NONE seek God.
God has sent you a strong delusion. Just like the Pharisees you worship the counterfeit God and you KNOW you can’t be wrong. You are driven by ego.
You have yet to submit yourself before God, that he can save you, even in your sins.

Jew.

OP, I'm not the other person who replied to you.

It's not a false equivalency at all: if the Jews erred, why couldn't the Roman Catholic Church err?

Adventist movements (JWs, Mary Baker Eddy, etc). It's all the same thing, in a way.

Yea, I expect the antichrist to come out of there pretty soon.

Firstly, not Catholic, just calling out what needs to be called. Secondly, you are right, church officials can fall in error, and in doing so laity and other clergy have a responsibility to correct or counter such heresies.
However, Christ, being God gave us revelations concerning many things including salvation- this cannot be compared to a layman who has no such new revelation. Thus it is a false equivalency.
Now if you wanted to argue it is not a heresy, that's another thing, but the image used there is no good for that purpose (despite the attempt to counter the image it is based on).

What's your denomination my friend?

I aspire to become Orthodox, I can't rightfully call myself that yet due to not yet attending church on a regular basis (I'm the only christian in my family).

I don't know. But that image you used is unfit for purpose, this is the only point I'm making.
By the way, did you know there's IDs with color? you can enable it in the Options menu.

No I didn't know, thank you for letting me know. I am one of the two Assyrian Christians on this board, I used the picture to argue that tradition isn't inerrant. What position on your church's tradition do you take?

Notice how all of these "extra scripture" religions start in desolate or frontier areas? I don't know why that is, but it's kind of interesting to me. It gives some credence to the idea that churches need more authority and oversight. A lot of these well known heresies are products of the American frontier. Islam long before it a product of the Arab frontier (frontier away from Rome or Byzantium).

Some heresies are merely the product of time. Such as the traditions of men.