Why did God create a law that relied on the evidence of "tokens of the damsel's virginity" when less

One study which was done, cited by my friend Hanne Blank in her book, Virgin: The Untouched History, was an informal one in 1998 published in the British Medical Journal by Dr. Sara Patterson-Brown. She found that at least 63% of the women she asked about bleeding and first intercourse reported that they did not experience bleeding.

So for a number of reasons, only a minority of women bleed during their first time having sex. So why did God command the isrealites to judge a woman's fate on the basis of whether or not a "token of her virginity" could be produced? The absence of such a token is basically meaningless considering this evidence.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (275x183, 46.48K)

Maybe because most women now break their cherry from masturbation. So by the time that they actually lose their "viginity", they are no longer virgins.

Because lo and behold, 63% of women lied or abused themselves so when it came time, there was no blood.

Attached: C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg (499x238, 21.98K)

I also want to make it clear I am not here in bad faith. I am a christian and my faith is not shaken by this question, but I dont have an explanation for it.

As others have said, masturbation is a cause. Also, tampons. God gave women hymens for a reason.

Now I have a question; what exactly was the token of virginity? How was it administered?

Deuteronomy 22:17

'And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech [against her], saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these [are the tokens of] my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.'

I would assume from this reading, it is a blood stained sheet.

Right, so, culturally, was it agreed upon that the woman would take the sheet and give it to her parents?
I figure that's how it must have worked.

yea but my concern is with woman that either weren't born with a hymen, or it was destroyed through non-sexual strenuous activity.I suppose one can just say shit happens, but I am wondering if there is a better explanation.

Yeah honestly horse-back riding (non-sexual activity) is just a made up excuse. It seems obvious what the hymen is for. We have the word of God confirming it too it seems.
I think theres a few big factors:
molestation (sad, but actually really common), tampons (stupid invention), just lying about prior sex, and like another poster said, masturbation. These added up very well could equal 63% of women (roughly)

Hoo boy …

Ok, the hymen is not a magic barrier. It isn't necessarily broken by masturbation or anything of the like. It usually dissolves on its own by the time a girl is 3-4 years old. If the hymen were some kind of crazy magic barrier, then how in the hell could a girl have her period if she were a "virgin"? This deliberate ignorance needs to stop.

There's a lot of odd rules in the Bible. Like that one where a wife suspected of cheating has to drink some bitter holy water, and if she cheated it'll make her have a miscarriage.

And then promptly stoned for adultery. Why do you think its weird? This seems perfectly fine to me.

If it was a miracle I guess it makes sense, although the exact nature of how the water does this is unclear. It's just odd. Easy for a skeptic to say they were just giving poisonous water to these women, and it reminds me of the witch trials. I dunno. And also seems to imply abortion is okay if the child is the product of adultery.

The hymen is not a full barrier. It's closer to pic related.

Attached: Untitled.png (667x324, 7.98K)

First of all, not all hymens are the same. Second, how do you explain that some girls are born without one at all? Using the hymen as a sign of virginity is stone age nonsense and, frankly, I'd expect it out of Muslims; not Christians.

Whoever said Christians were supposed to? OP is about OT laws.

You have to keep in mind that life was different for women back then. They couldn't break their hymen easily as they do now since they served as housewives.

It would tear, but it wouldn't be torn apart entirely.

Human anatomy hasn't changed much since those days. Some women are literally born with no hymen and a huge amount of women's hymen dissolves naturally by the time they're 3-4 years old. Further, the "bloody sheet" thing is meaningless since many (if not most) don't bleed their first time because the vagina contains natural lubricants.

It's not a matter of "different times". It's a matter of ignorance.

I'm just going to say now that you are factually incorrect, and that no matter how many times you repeat something that still doesn't make it true.

This, the most strenuous activity that women would have done at the time was stomping grapes for winemaking.

I’ve noticed this meme a little too much too. “OMG Hymens like, aren’t even real”
Truth is, anatomy fag here, the hymen really SHOULD bleed on first intercourse. It is very much innervated with tons of blood vessels. Almost like it was designed with a purpose or something.

t. Roastie

roasties btfo

there is your sign, op

There are no blood vessels in hymen tissue. You've just proved you're a liar or completely ignorant.

Tissue with no blood vessels would be dead, you have just proved that you are actually the idiot. Google a picture lf a hymen and tell me if that is dead tissue

The cornea has no blood vessels. You think that's dead tissue? Maybe you should take an anatomy class or two.

few women != all women

Anatomy has always remained consistent, but different periods influence lifestyles that would change it.

The hymen has no consistency. Some are like doughnuts, some are like honeycombs, some are like weird ladder looking things. It's like claiming that all eyes are the same color because they're eyes.