Saudi:US created Yemen crisis: 85,000 children 'dead from malnutrition'

An estimated 85,000 children under the age of five may have died from acute malnutrition in three years of war in Yemen, a leading charity says.

The number is equivalent to the entire under-five population in the UK's second largest city of Birmingham, Save the Children adds.

The UN warned last month that up to 14m Yemenis are on the brink of famine.

It is trying to revive talks to end a three-year war which has caused the world's worst humanitarian crisis.

Yemen has been devastated by the conflict. Fighting escalated in 2015 when a Saudi-led coalition launched an air campaign against the Houthi rebel movement which had forced President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi to flee abroad.

At least 6,800 civilians have been killed and 10,700 injured in the war, according to the UN. The fighting and a partial blockade by the coalition have also left 22 million people in need of humanitarian aid, created the world's largest food security emergency, and led to a cholera outbreak that has affected 1.2 million people.
How did the charity work out the death toll?.

Save the Children says it based its figures on mortality rates for untreated cases of Severe Acute Malnutrition in children under five from data compiled by the UN. According to conservative estimates, it calculated that around 84,700 children may have died between April 2015 and October 2018.

Houthi movement

Under the leadership of Hussein Badreddin al-Houthi, the group emerged as a Zaydi opposition to former Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh, whom they charged with massive financial corruption and criticized for being backed by Saudi Arabia and the United States at the expense of the Yemeni people and Yemen's sovereignty

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46261983

Attached: _104403261_ch1254919.jpg (624x351, 30.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-president-donald-j-trump-standing-saudi-arabia/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

www.bbc.com/news

bbc has been fucking useless for years on meaningful, hard hitting, yemen coverage too

Journalists getting access inside Yemen has been quite a difficult task since the slaughter began, mostly due to Saudi Arabia.

Recently Soccer Aid in the UK was shown on TV and the commentators were urging people to text a number to donate money to help the crisis in Yemen. Meanwhile the UK Government announces another billion pound weapons sale to the Saudis. Consider the juxtaposition of genuine football supporters trying to help people in need while their elected politicians assist genocide against those same people in need.

Saudis have a particular dislike for people showing what they would love to do openly.

article doesnt match the headline
fuck your propaganda

Yeah, that's just bullshit propaganda on the backs of innocents. BBC = traitorous cowards towards mankind

Trump blames Iran for what the Saudis are doing in Yemen

Saudi royalty shit their pants at the slightest threat to them, even in a neighboring country like Yemen

whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-president-donald-j-trump-standing-saudi-arabia/

The country of Iran, as an example, is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen, trying to destabilize Iraq’s fragile attempt at democracy, supporting the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, propping up dictator Bashar Assad in Syria (who has killed millions of his own citizens), and much more. Likewise, the Iranians have killed many Americans and other innocent people throughout the Middle East. Iran states openly, and with great force, “Death to America!” and “Death to Israel!” Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia would gladly withdraw from Yemen if the Iranians would agree to leave. They would immediately provide desperately needed humanitarian assistance. Additionally, Saudi Arabia has agreed to spend billions of dollars in leading the fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism.

Attached: fat_arab_emir_of_qatar.jpg (1000x772, 199.1K)

So surrender and we won't let children starve

This is what the big fat fucking orange evil clown is saying

The children aren't responsible for the politics

Feed them

The fat greedy fuckers of the worlds will be bones one day

Yemen is a proxy war for Iran and the Saudis. To blame one side completely for all that is going on is disingenuous. Both share responsibility for what is occurring. There have been independently verified rocket attacks on Saudi Arabia from Yemen, weapons supplied by the Iranians.
The blockade and starvation is on the Saudis.

Macfag?

To be honest, the biggest muslim war has been thanks to the anglos

I dont really see them as individual wars. Its just been one huge war since mohammed put all the stuff in there about dying in battle. So they could invade mecca.

This is what happens when you go against God.

since god is you
going against God.is self defeating

wow surely Israel is all over this humanitarian issue. surely Israel is accepting refugees and sending food aid. surely?

Look how he has allowed California to burn to the ground. Blasphemy is not a laughing matter.

I could not possibly give less of a shit about the children in some shit hole nation like Yemen.

Good less sand niggers makes the world a better place.

Kim approves.

Attached: 1508594528771.jpg (480x360, 46.06K)

Don't have kids if you can't feed them. Simple.

if even just one of them dies

it was worth it

Attached: PicsArt_11-21-08.28.11.jpg (1920x1080, 223.56K)

My only point here is that god didn't do that to California, fam. Democrats did.

I aint yor fam bigot scum

Dead towelheads are always a good thing

I always want to puke out my nose when I see you guys say 'fam'….

That's SO gay

You guys already follow so many trends, and repeat the same trendy predictable behavior, parroting the same predictable trendy catchphrases….

it's gross as shit

You guys are smart as shit
(compared to the average person)
but you all behave like lemmings

…..and FAM is so fucking gay….

one dead baby

I call that a good start