Okay, I'm an ignorant Protestant...

Okay, I'm an ignorant Protestant, and I'd seriously like to understand why Orthodox and Catholic practitioners se little of me and my faith.

I'll defend the values of my Faith, and I'll relinquish anything is not Holy with the Lord.

I wish to have this discusion, in the name of our Lord Christ, and the people he glorifies.

Attached: f52d91c218b2047b06e749517d6b3fbe.gif (500x750, 462.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.com/tract/scripture-and-tradition
newadvent.org/cathen/15006b.htm
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s1c2a2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you believe in Sola Fide?
Why do you use the bible alone?

Why kjvonlyism? Some of the moral lessons of the famous stories are only obvious in Latin and Greek. The Canonical Apocrypha also explain a lot that isn't obvious in the common kjv.

I believe in Bible alone as the way to Faith. I do not attain in that scripture alone is the way to ordain doctrines, and that they must be worked upon

Cutting yourself off at the knee, my friend

But why do you believe in the bible alone?

Explain, did you read my post correctly?

I believe the Bible is the 100% truth of Jesus's word in the Bible.
I believe it is unfallible. But I also see that there are more ways to find faith than just reading the Bible.

I'm OP under a different ID

Calvnism isn't nkj only. This is a deplorable sodimization of our beliefs.

False doctrines are everywhere.. You won't find a single church that is the perfection of God here on earth, but that said some are definitely worse than others. The Roman Catholics for example hold to many heresies all of which you can find with a quick google search. You should not confuse someone being a RCC member as being condemned to hell though as it doesn't work like that.

I wouldn't let the arrogance of others get you down. Don't confuse their opinion of themselves with being saved, often its the people with the highest opinion of themselves who are on the lowest trajectory.

I don't know, is English your native tongue?

Yes I understand this brother, but I'd like to make amends with any false protestant beliefs so others may understand our perspective.

I asked why you think I'm cutting my self at the knees, why are being hostile?

Surely, are you a confessing member of Christ?

Stop that.

It's not idolatry, it's reverence.

Bump.

No Apostolic Succession or Eucharist. Thinking that somehow the pupils of the Apostles got it wrong immediately after the Apostle's died and then the true faith smoldered in obscurity for a millennium-and-a-half before somehow exploding in popularity. But just in the anglo-sphere.

That, as well as the numerous rejections of clearly Biblical doctrines.

Eucharist is a thing, and we don't say the early Church fathers are wrong, morely we believe their ideas have been deluded, by not appropriating the times.
>Thinking that somehow the pupils of the Apostles got it wrong immediately after the Apostle's died and then the true faith smoldered in obscurity for a millennium-and-a-half before somehow exploding in popularity.
But just in the anglo-sphere.

Not our belief.

Such as?
This is one my main questions about your perspective, which doctrines? I claim ignorance.

Real presence, apostolic authority, free will, the correct order of salvation, etc. And that's not even going into christian science, JW, mormon and other protestant-derived nonsense.

Also Heretical in my religion.

This is there.
We believe they are Holy people under God, and that they glorify God throughout their life
I'd like to know more about these two

God didn't "leave" the Bible, He inspired the authors who wrote the source texts that were later compiled at the Council of Nicaea in A.D. 325 and called the Bible, as well as, potentially, other texts. But God didn't directly give us the Bible. God gave us His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ gave us His Church. His Church was given the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. The writings that became the New Testament (Gospels, Acts, Epistles, et cetera) were written by Apostles and disciples of His Church for the benefit of the Church. The Old Testament's value insofar as Christianity is concerned is to serve as a record of prophecies and stories foretelling Christ and the history of Covenants leading up to Christ for the sake of context. Only when rampant heresies, particularly the Arian heresy, challenged the Church was the Bible compiled from numerous writings, some of which were considered for inclusion but were rejected. The Church came first, the Bible serves the Church as a library of liturgy and sacred records. It's divine, holy, beautiful, deep in wisdom and richness, the crown jewels born out of tradition, but it wasn't given directly by God as the one and only means of knowing Him. Only Protestant heretics think the Bible suddenly dropped out of the sky as "the big book of all things Gawd y'all."

All this being said, I appreciate that you are less obstinate than most Protestants I have met and I wish you well in your endeavor here. You are a good man for wanting to learn more about God.

Attached: 1529905301232.png (762x1024, 222.71K)

We also believe in the "Bible" part, it's the "alone" that is suspicious.

catholic.com/tract/scripture-and-tradition
newadvent.org/cathen/15006b.htm
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s1c2a2.htm

Attached: IMG_5295.JPG (1024x683, 668.18K)