Sucks up to ((skeptic community))

Reminder it was the combination of the skeptic community and #Notyourshield that killed Gamergate. Gamergate true ladies is birthing the modern day Youtube skeptic e-celeb.

I… thought that peaked pre-2016??
Welp, nothing like some high-profile hypocracy in the world's highest profile organized religion to breed disillusion. Among other things.

Methinks we need to contribute some quality works of art to the culture that defend our faith in a manly, unflinching way… and excoriate the lukewarm who go along to get along.

I don't think it had anything to Christianity to begin with, it was mainly about video games? I mean Duke 3D isn't exactly Sunday service either, and those were the kinds of games under threat. I don't remember much about protecting Wisdom Tree releases, at any rate…did give a signal boost to Christ-Centered Gamer though, which was nice.

Gaming was already horrible before it even started. If you wanted it to be good it'd have to revert to the state it was before 2001-ish, and that is not a feasible goal regardless of the situation. The talent simply isn't there anymore.

In any event, what does this have to do with Christianity? If you look at CCM's reviews of both older and newer titles, the vast majority of titles ever released are unfit for someone trying to avoid impure sources of entertainment. You either have to avoid those games or compartmentalize them from the other sections of your psyche.

Gamergstr was a bunch of hedonist anti-bro from the beginning. They were a bunch of people that did not want anyone to tell them what to do.

Any Christian should be as opposed to God of War 3 or Hitman Absolution as any feninist, even though our language would be different.

The main problem with games is that they are a huge time sink and encourage people to entertain themselves for longer then is reasonable for their state in life

There are two sins which can not be simulated immodesty and blasphemy. So games which feature either effectively result in you actively participating in them. These need to be avoided. I am playing Dragonball FighterZ and Nino Kini 2 at the moment, I think I can do so in good conscience

I'm sorry you lost /v/, GG, but that doesn't mean you can try to take over other boards.

GG didn't really stand for anything; it was reactionary. The "it's about ethics in journalism" mantra was weak rhetoric, because SJW convergence was the real issue (and most of them were afraid to say it outright). However they made a good showing in other ways, successfully forcing the converged media machine to identify itself, and utterly destroying any shred of credibility Wikipedia had left. I think GG is one of the major reasons there are viable alternatives to Wikipedia now.

Gamergate was a movement in part against the attempts to inject identity politics into gaming, but it had a wide variety of people under that banner. Literally anyone could call themselves Gamergate, it's not like there were membership requirements or people could be excommunicated. So yes there were skeptics as part of it, as well as Christians. I don't know if you've noticed but a lot of skeptics agree with lots of Christians on everything outside of Christianity. It's pretty common for atheists on Youtube to rant about feminism and SJWs when they aren't ranting about religion. Many also at least realize that Islam is far worse than Christianity. Nothing wrong with working with people on the things we do agree on, as long as it doesn't require us compromising on the other things.

What? Any Christian avoidance of certain titles should be in terms of non-participation, and leading by example. Completely the opposite from feminists and SJWs. There's no way you are going to justify those tactics, or that line of reasoning.

Attached: e00d706906606ca4c3d2d8e61c61dead824f54f919490e6d6829ca888f603589.jpg (981x825, 100.72K)

reply to

Attached: 1535294806386.jpg (200x198, 24.7K)

Also basically this. It had/has/whatever a large mix of people have been involved over time. As I said, Christ Centered Gamer became a lot more popular because of it; he's really honest about the game mechanics, and his morality score on the side is excellent.

Also yes; there's still a general on /v/ about it. More entertainingly it's become a boogieman for the technologically-inclined Left. They were blaming it for the rise of nationalism not too long ago; regardless if that's true or not is up to you, but it's still hilarious that they have to look under their bed for something like that.

reply to

(I seem to be not firing on all cylinders in this thread, bailing)

Nothing 'killed' Gamergate.

A well-organized band of nameless renegades - from no place in particular - cut off Gawker Media's advertising revenues while Gamergate and their cyber-enemies traded dramatic cherrypick screencaps back and forth of dramatic people saying dramatic things. THAT'S ALL TWITTER EVER DOES.

While this was unfolding, Hulk Hogan was suing Gawker Media over a film of him having sex with a married woman. Gawker was already court ordered to take the video down, they deliberately defied this order, and then the resulting judgment finished them off.

Friendly reminder that prolonged willful disobedience of authority has consequences.

actually it was about ethics in games journalisn

Curious, are you implying that GG lost and the SJWs "won" that all SJW vidya are now profitable and successful? Have you looked at some of the biggest western vidya that failed in the past couple of years after GG dead down i.e. Wolf 2: white people are evil, Mafia 3, Mass Effect Autism, LawBreakers, Dishonored 2, and soon both Dead On Arrival 6 Feet Under* (*It's a japanese vidya but that game is pandering to the western SJW audience in mind) & Battlefield Vagina* (*preorder sales were much worst than COD BO4). Now compare that to vidyas from the past few years that weren't pandering to the western SJW audience i.e. Persona 5, Xenoblade 2, Nioh, Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Nier a tomato, Cuphead, Hollow Knight, A Hat In Time, and Sonic Mania all of those games where very successful in sales and critical acclaim.

Yeah, that was one of the few good thing that came out of GG.

For real? I haven't been to /v/ for almost a year and they still have GG threads all of the time???

What part of gamergate or even the /v/ it sprung form or the /v/ it is now was pro-Christian again?

Hey I liked that one.

Attached: BLOODSHED.gif (1016x720, 627.56K)

Soy warriors are applying the Justin Trudeau metric of victory. Gawker was demolished, probably not by Twitter users but much more likely the hired spies of gay billionaire Peter Thiel. He was backing Hogan and had personal hostilities with Gawker.

Anyone who thinks Twitter does real things is a stranger to Twitter.

The fact you're only looking at profits is your downfall. The industry is more SJW friendly than ever and the media is still just as corrupt. All GG won is a industry burning to the ground around us. SJWs from day one have been fighting a culture war, the point is not to make profit but to either convert the space or destroy it. Those failures aren't a bug but a feature.

1st, the SJW's fight for their "culture war" will only make any person who were once centrist-like into Zig Forums-like and the younger generation (i.e. Gen Z) having develop conservative viewpoints (the non-neocons types btw) because they fail to understand that the reason why the 60's happened in the first place. 2nd, the SJW's goal of converting/destroying the vidya industry will again lead into what I said early about everyone becoming right-wing or even worse for them going into politics because they fail to understand about the meaning of bread&circuses. 3rd, I still see non-SJW shit in the vidya industry now&again and who even still goes on polygon or kotaco anymore?
Even normalfags knows that both polygon and kotaco are trash websites.

Attached: 1440037447353.png (617x544, 27.38K)

By what effing metric?

And then the Gawker network was bought out by Haim Saban with Kotaku, the primary target in that nest of garbage, still going strong. Gamergate 'won' in that gamergate is very quick to declare it has won.

Attached: tumblr_p5krbl6W5u1wl1s0go1_1280.jpg (643x934, 157.79K)