Mary Thread

Every time you pray to the most blessed Theotokos, it makes her very happy because her prayers are the most powerful.

O pure virgin, pray for us!

Baptists and other Protestants are not allowed in this thread.

Attached: theotokos-platiteira-gallery-1.jpg (1465x961, 333.75K)

Mary was titled Christotokos long before heretics confused her as Theotokos.
God is eternal and has no beginning or end, thus -He as spirit- cannot be born.(USER WAS BANNED FOR NESTORIANISM)

heresy

Posting icons and works of art are fine right?

And yet the eternal spirit manifests in his creation and incarnates as well. Mary is the mother of his incarnate form.

Jesus was fully God. Jesus was born.

Post rare Marys.

Attached: our_lady_of_perpetual_help_animu.jpg (1024x1448, 517.66K)

Mary is “blessed among women” but not because of her qualifications, but because of her humility. Mary is an instrument of God, an example, what God can do: It shall not be forgotten in all eternity, that God became human in her.

The true salvation is Christ not Mary. I see no need to argue her "ever virginity" thing, she was a wife, not a nun. The importance of Mary, a human like every one of us, is that she gave birth to Jesus Christ as a human being.

Attached: tomb-dolorosa.png (240x360, 89.51K)

reported. Anime is sin

No. Anime icons are the highest form of iconography.
With anime icons the cross will win once more.

Let this be a warning to the Baptists on this board. You wanna be a Nestorian? Well then you're not welcome on this board.

Mods it's time to purge this board of heretics. I suggest anyone who is openly Nestorian be banned.

Go back to reddit, that place is more your style.

Personally I'm tired of you mods crapping up this board with your idolatry. It is you and your ridiculous rule change that should be rolled back.

This whole thread was nothing more than something the mods like to do to mess with people for fun. It's not working. You're not going to succeed in discouraging those people you hate so much.

Brodesdandd here, she seems like a swell lady.

this is the second nestorian i've seen banned this week, where are they all coming from? or is it just one repeatedly evading bans

Nestorianism is the belief that there are allegedly two different persons called Lord Jesus Christ. Yet so far nobody has asserted that, so I don't see how these mods have reached the conclusion. I just see them defending idolatry by the old saying "the best defense is a good offense" so they bring out the false accusations.

The worst part is these bait threads they make. Because they know the fact that idolatry and idol worship is abhorrent. I don't see what they seek to accomplish by this other than a few laughs because this board has no accounts to ban, it's all anonymous. I can just come back and post again if I got banned. And since I'm talking to mods they know I'm not the one who posted this thread.

Jeremiah 51:58
Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The broad walls of Babylon shall be utterly broken, and her high gates shall be burned with fire; and the people shall labour in vain, and the folk in the fire, and they shall be weary.

t. genocidal ottoman

Maybe it's just this week's version of "praying to saints."

They don't believe in two different beings who are called Jesus Christ; they believe that he is two different hypostasi (persons), one divine and one human, but he is one being. They dont believe multiple people are called Jesus Christ

Nestorius argued that calling Mary the Theotokos (Mother of God) is heretical because she is only the mother of the Human hypostasis (person) of Christ and not the divine hypostasis. So he called her Christotokos (mother of Christ) instead. That's exactly what the banned user did as well.

The council of Eupheus and the Council of Chalcedon upheld that Christ has two separate natures (one divine and one human) in one hypostasis (person). Therefore, it was correct to call Mary, the Theokotos (Mother of God). This is because she is the mother of the one person of Christ who has a divine nature and a human nature, so she was the mother of both natures as well.

The banned user denied that Theokotos is a proper term for Mary and only Christokotos is. Making him a nestorian.

Attached: Nestorianism.png (1200x1018, 357.73K)

The image shows the Nestorian belief, not the true one

I suggest you go back to >>>/christ/

So you do agree with exactly what I said then, you just don't feel like admitting it. I didn't say "different beings" or "different people," I said different persons just like you did. So why are you arguing again? You're literally arguing against things I didn't say right now and I don't see the point.

Ok, but how does it follow that the user has the same thought process? Are you just cynically assuming what he thinks without him even saying it, kind of like how you did to me above? Did you read his mind to find out that he believes in multiple persons? And if he did truly believe that, would he hide it from you if you asked? Because I'm certain if you did ask he would not agree. I've been accused of believing what you just described as well but I don't believe it. The only explanation for this inexplicable behavior is that someone is trying to prevent someone from exposing your own false doctrine, so you make up a false charge to head them off at the pass and distract attention away from whatever actual point he was trying to make with an accusation out of left field.

Did anyone in this thread say that there are two persons of Jesus Christ? No, but the OP is an idolator however, for worshipping a manmade image rather than the uncorruptible God and I think that should be banned, and it will be one day. For the idolators will have their part in the lake of fire.

No one can say they didn't have a chance to hear what the word of God says.

Attached: 879f4a740.png (633x411, 319.9K)

Yeah maybe. Bottom line is that making these graven images, manmade images and treating them like gods is a repulsive act to a christian which is how this bait thread works.

BULLSHIT!

You will not truly know of me until the passing of this earth age!

What's nestorianism?

Attached: 1531054825502.jpg (484x304, 18.74K)

see

oh my, you don't understand christian charity. I was trying to help you out. I didn't think you knew what "persons" meant philosophically and theologically (and i still think you don't). The banned user (like you) might not understand Nestorianism when if I explained it to him, but he is using the same logic. He denies that Mary is the theokotos, because he believes she is only the mother of Christ's human and not his divine nature. If Christ had only one hypostasis this would be impossible. Therefore even if he does not know it, his argument relies on Nestorianism.

He isn't worshiping an Icon. and to quote yourself: "Are you just cynically assuming what he thinks without him even saying it?" Did you read his mind to find out that he believes in worshiping icons?

Also you need to be more charitable towards others. God bless you

Attached: with Christ.jpg (700x423 833.59 KB, 120.34K)

forget one more

Attached: Resurection.jpg (640x1000, 147.65K)

No it isn't. It's the belief that Jesus has two separate natures, human and divine. Orthodoxy states that Jesus is both fully human and fully God, you cannot separate his natures they're completely intertwined and form the fabric of his being. Nestorianism is used to justify the idea that Mary is not the Mother of God because she's only the mother of Jesus human nature, not his divine nature.

The noted heretic Steven Anderson is a nestorian because he used precisely that argument to deny Mary being the Theotokos. Lets get this straight, if you deny that Mary is the Mother of God because you believe that Mary is only the mother of Jesus in the flesh and not Jesus the divine person who existed before creation then you are a nestorian and a heretic.

You realize praying to saints is a sin right?

Nope

You realize that Protestantism is a heresy and you're about to get banned right?

kek

go read 2 maccabees 15:12-16.
What Judas Maccabeus saw in that vision was the departed former high priest of Israel praying for and interceding for Israel. The vision continues with Judas Maccabeus seeing another man, Alongside Onias in interceding for the people of Israel is the prophet Jeremiah. The prophet Jeremiah lived around the 7th century BC while Judas Maccabeus lived in the 2nd century BC. Despite having been dead for approximately five centuries the prophet Jeremiah was said to, by Onias, pray much for the people and the holy city.

you guys don't even know what the bible is or where it came from

Attached: b609502eaae990b5505c0658009d9f6a55bde25f30e791d59a824d8cdbfa60ff.jpg (600x641, 59.6K)

Absolute heresy.

You realize this board is for all Christians, not just Apostolics?

Eutyches get out

Wait a minute. Baptists are really nestorians? If it is true why are they here? That goes against the nicene creed that states Jesus Christ is God from God and the same Jesus incarnated on the virgin Mary thus she is the Mother of God. Doesn't the rules of this board say that people that don't hold the nicene definition aren't Christians and shouldn't shit post here?
Baptists are the protestants of protestants if that's true.

A lot are. They tend to play fast and loose with their theology so they sometimes take some heretical positions unintentionally so they can stick it to the Catholics. Nestorianism is a common position they take in order to deny Mary as the Mother of God, they claim she's only the mother of Jesus the human, not Jesus the God.

Just prayed to Mary. Would I get kicked out of Pastor Jim's church?

You'll need at least 14 dunks in Pastor Jim's slip & slide for that.

Only due to them not having an established theology. Reminder that due to their lack of authority,we must treat each Protestant we meet as its own church with its own Tradition and Magisterium.

Baptists rule!!!!!!!!!!! Don’t try and “ban” us from a thread. You do realize praying to anyone other than God makes Him mad, right?

Watch me get banned lol. That’s just sad if they can’t take opposing opinions

Dude, your mom, she's just an abstraction in your neurons haha

Luke 11

27 As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.”

28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

Jesus knew that the Jew's would betray him

Every time a protestant insults the Mother of God, I say one Salve Regina. Thank you, all you baptists for stregnthening my devotion to the Queen of Heaven

You are bullshit. Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, Who Is and Was and Ever Shall Be!

No need to accuse the most blessed mother of all for not arguing for her perpetual holiness, virginity and sanctity just because your whore mother slept around with ten men.

No holds barred. Satan can go to hell, Mother Mary is with us.

Attached: 31CA1A37-AF84-43A3-A39B-13626A8DC43B.jpeg (1353x1800 69.74 KB, 1.28M)

Attached: 6E60015D-308E-4332-B9BD-50D68421C4B2.jpeg (221x299 53.05 KB, 115.76K)

Attached: 81CBCB39-EBFB-43CF-9F3E-B94C43F81760.jpeg (678x960 70.02 KB, 147.16K)

Stop worshipping this false idol

Stop calling the Mother of God a false idol.

Jesus never told us to praise his mother.

Luke 1:48

spot on

Attached: AxNFauH.gif (357x296, 1.78M)

Legitimate question here.

If Mary points to her son Jesus, and wants us to follow Him…. Why doesn't it please her most to direct our prayers straight to Him?

I mean, it's sort of the same conundrum with asking saints to intercede for you. Sure you can, but why, when you can just as easily go straight to the source?

The part that seems most unseemly to me is how often the language has to do with asking Mary to put in a word with Jesus to cut us a break. Why? Jesus is merciful, he wouldn't be cruel to us. He knows our hearts and He sees beyond the flow of time; He knows what's best for us. What is right or holy about nagging His mom to make Him change His plans?
I recall a quote attributed to an apparition of Mary where she says more sorrow comes from answered prayers than unanswered ones. What the hell?? This seems utterly disordered. What makes this business make sense to you?

Asking Mary to pray for us is exactly the same situation as asking other Christians to pray, and is therefore exactly as proper as asking other Christians to pray for you (and this is good, the Bible tells us) - because she indeed is another Christian and, exactly like is the case with other Christians here, you can ask her to pray for you.

Yes, but WHY?

What is pleasing to Mary about people praying through her and not directly to her Son? Praise her for her great sacrifices and perseverance, but why hit her up for favors??

It clearly pleases God to see us praying for each other and ask others to pray for us. Since Mary reached Heaven, we can know from this that whatever pleases God, pleases also her.

Also, to respond to the "more sorrow comes from answered prayers than unanswered ones" thing from the post: which prayers do you think are answered by God? The ones in which whatever you are praying for will help you and others reach higher spiritual perfection, and in the end Heaven (you can of course pray for lower, material things too, as long as your desire for them is subject to the will to achieve higher, spiritual things). And what do you think will bring you closer to perfection - indulging yourself, or fasting? Being satisfied with your deeds, or sadness and repentance for your sins? Using your wealth however you please, or sacrificing some of it to help the poor?

"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

Attached: Passignano_-_The_Resurrection_-_WGA17079.jpg (800x1276, 166.65K)

I agree, this kind of thing is stupid and it's a thinly veiled attempt by certain people to kick protestants and baptists off this board, I'm busy now but I intend to start a thread about this nonsense.

If you want to let atheists and non-beievers on this board but want to kick out Jesus loving and bible believing Christians just because they don't believe that "mother of God" is the right title for the virgin Mary then something is wrong with you and whatever spirit leading this persecution of fellow Christians, and make no mistake that's what this is, is certainly not the holy spirit