Do you guys think it's important to study our Jewish roots...

Do you guys think it's important to study our Jewish roots? I feel like many Christians today don't understand that Christianity is the true continuation of Judaism, that it's not an offshoot or a new development. Old Testament Jews could more accurately be called pre-Christ Christians

Attached: cjsb-pic.jpg (800x480, 393.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/coreygilshuster
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing wrong with it, and it can be interesting to study. Just be careful where you're getting your info from, the Judaism of today isn't at all the same as the Old Testament religion.

Yeah that's the point. Too many Christians today think of their own religion as an offshoot of Judaism and give an unwarranted amount of respect to modern Jews who are simply LARPers who deny Christ, they have zero connection to the original Jews of Jesus time and made up bullshit like the Mishnah and Talmud in order to justify continuing their charade.

Judaism is the counter culture to Christianity. After the messiah came there was no need to keep the ceremonial law but Christians still kept the OT moral law. Jews reject the OT moral law but keep the OT ceremonial law.

You can but it doesn't have much bearing on christianity anymore. Modern Jews are descended more or less from the pharisees. Christianity is descended from the everyday israelites in part (there were no "jewish" peasants for many centuries because the rabbis hate them)

It's important to be able to argue against the modern day Jews who argue Jesus is not the messiah imo. They're renowned for their pilpul, you need an excellent knowledge of the Old Testament texts and Jewish culture and history to beat them at their own game.

Where did you get this from?

The fact that they pray to Satan and God? For them it's a culture, a series of rules you obey so you can properly be considered a Jew. Right and wrong don't enter into being a Jew, they think they're chosen just because of birthright, regardless of right or wrong.

Paul describes this issue in the epistles, how we are sons of the promise and sons of the flesh don't matter.

I would actually say Christianity is even more about birthright than judaism. Judaism accepts converts and only cares about following the traditions. Christianity as said in Romans 2 is about behavior which is in large part genetic. Sadly many Christians including myself a while ago are only concerned with gaining nominal converts who follow the traditions with no concern for morality. The evangelists just want them to identify as Christian. Christianity is sadly becoming more like judaism as modernity (or maybe intentional subversion) takes its toll.

Pooh logic, right?

No. I don't think it's important to study something that doesn't exist. Judaism is younger than Christianity.
I get your point about the OT faithful, but their actual religion is dead. The practitioners of that faith missed the boat when they decided to murder Christ and deny Him as Messiah. With the destruction of the Temple, that religion cannot even be practiced anymore.
We live in a world where so many "Christians" falsely believe they have any affinity with adherents of a cult that's built around denying Christ. Talk about studying our "jewish roots" is more likely to lead people away from Christ and into being deceived by Satan and his moloch-worshiping allies. That said, once we've burned all synagogues to the ground and turned all talmuds into ashes, I think we can start having this discussion.

Attached: judaism.is.younger.than.Christianity.webm (320x240, 4.12M)

Yeah because many people would probably know what a passover is without Jews practicing it.

If there were no talmudists, Christianity would more influential over our nations, and people would be far more likely to know OT history, including the plagues on Egypt.

More like simple acts like washing and bathing would be viewed as suspicious heresies.
Also look how well the OT came to be known under Hellenism.

The notion of "shared Judeo-Christian" values is strange and politically charged. It emerged with pro-zionist evangelicals and neoconservatives in America. There are some who say Jesus was an Essene but whether or not that's true I don't think it has anything to do with today's Talmudic, Zionist and secular tribal Jews.

It's good to learn Biblical Hebrew and the wider context of Biblical events, but I don't see any strong connection between Christianity and ancient Israelite traditions today.

I sometimes watch youtube.com/user/coreygilshuster sometimes to see how Israelis think and speak, I don't see much evidence of le high verbal IQ or anything like that. In fact Israel's average IQ isn't particularly high. The pilpul types are the ones that learnt rhetoric and debating and float to high positions in government, media, academia etc. Ben Shapiro is probably one such example, and he has made it clear he prioritises the interests of Israel before the US.

Attached: nomenclature.png (1860x1108 492.1 KB, 243.43K)

How about no. Christianity is the true religion - Old and New testament religion. Judaism nowadays (Talmudic) is a rejection of Jesus Christ. It is anti-new testament and therefore anti-old testament.
I used to think exactly as you until I found out what Judaism is. The greatest plague in Christianity is the Judaizing disease nowadays so I would be very VERY careful when studying "Jewish roots".
Rather read what church doctors and church fathers had to say about it….St. John Chrysostom for an instance (Homilies against the Jews). Read about values of Judaism nowadays. It will open your eyes to the truth.
There is no Judeo-christian value. All big words meaning nothing, preached by people who know nothing or they subvert christianity. The term itself is an insult to Jesus Christ.

That's exactly what I said moron. Catholicism is the continuation of Temple Judaism. Rabbinic Talmudism is a completely different beast that only began to exist after the transition from Temple Judaism to Christianity.

Lel, not unless you're rich like Ivanka Trump. Call your local synagogue and tell them you're Christopher Gentile and you want to convert and report back. But I have a feeling you're already a member.

Judaism is the offshoot, friend.

Christianity started the during the generation of Adam & Eve.

Judaism (unofficially) started thousands of years later during the Babylonian captivity.

I mean, you could do it but you'd have to be a pretty canny guy.

That's exactly what the OT is. It's from the Tanakh.

WE WUZ

Attached: That Rite.jpg (500x500, 42.23K)

Your post is abhorrent. Please don't post here again

The International Jew by Henry Ford is a good place to start.

this is good

Sure. But NOT the current modern Judaism. All the true Jewish roots that are still valid and have not already been fulfilled are in the apostolic churches that exists today such as both the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church… and maybe Rome. We Christians should not look to literal Pharisees about OUR roots. Same reason why we don’t use their calendar to calculate Pascha. Your pic related in you OP is a classic example of those Judaizers who want to do exactly that we are warned to not do.

The Jews flip the Torah by taking verses out of context in isolation and creat news laws through debates to justify sins. I LOATHE how rabbis who wish to serve in a Sanhedrin are justified to learn and practice sorcery because apparently they need to do that if they are suppose to recognized magic in their courts when judging witches and sorcerers.

Attached: 32F85B54-6B64-4769-84C0-CC2B1A04F7F0.jpeg (3264x2448, 2.14M)

You know when I see Christians debate like this, it makes me suspect that a lot of people here THINK they are saved but are not. You remember what Jesus says about what comes out of a man's mouth?

Basically don't debate like cynical atheists with vulgar language and insults, when you go from 1 to 100 to call someone a moron, that shows that you don't really care much about what Christ said there, which is something I see too common here. There is ZERO patience amongst the "Christians" in this place.

It's time to learn patience and clean our language up, folks.