Pope asks for daily prayers to fight 'attacks by devil'…

Pope asks for daily prayers to fight 'attacks by devil'…
Pope wants rosary prayed to protect Church from devil’s ‘turbulence’

archive.today/2018.09.30-072052/https://cruxnow.com/vatican/2018/09/29/pope-wants-rosary-prayed-to-protect-church-from-devils-turbulence/

ROME - In a move suggesting Pope Francis believes the Church is in a moment of “spiritual turbulence,” the pontiff is asking Catholics around the world to pray the rosary every day during the month of October for protection of the Church from the devil. The daily praying of the rosary during the “Marian month of October,” a Vatican statement Saturday said, will unite the faithful “in communion and penance, as a people of God, in asking the Holy Mother of God and St. Michael the Archangel to protect the Church from the devil, who always aims to divide us from God and among us.” The statement also says that, as the pope noted during his daily homily on Sept. 11, prayer is the weapon against “the Great accuser who ‘travels around the world looking for accusations’.”

Beyond daily praying of the rosary, the pope is also requesting that the faithful add two prayers: An ancient invocation Sub Tuum Praesidium and a prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel “who protects and helps fight against evil,” according to the Book of Revelations. The Vatican statement also said that the pope has tasked Jesuit Father Fréderic Fornos, who heads the Pope’s Worldwide Prayer Network, to spread this appeal. The Spanish priest heads the network once known as the Apostleship of Prayer, responsible for the pope’s monthly prayer videos. October’s intention, planned a year in advance, is supposed to be “The Mission of Religious.” “Only prayer can defeat [the devil],” said the statement. “The Russian mystics and the great saints of all traditions advised, in moments of spiritual turbulence, to protect themselves under the mantle of the Holy Mother of God by pronouncing the invocation Sub Tuum Praesidium.”

The Marian prayer also known in English as “Beneath Thy Protection” is the oldest hymn dedicated to the Virgin and is well known among many Catholics, Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox countries, and is often a favorite song used along with Salve Regina. With the request announced on Saturday, the pope is “asking the faithful of the whole world to pray so that the Mother of God puts the Church under her protective mantle to preserve her from the attacks of the evil one, the great accuser, and to make [the Church] all the more conscious of the faults, the mistakes, the abuses made in the present and in the past, and more committed to fighting without any hesitation for evil not to prevail.” The prayer to St. Michael the Archangel was written by Pope Leon XIII and incorporated into the rubrics of the Low Mass of the Church from 1886 to its suppression in 1964, which became effective a year later, after the Second Vatican Council. It was originally destined as a prayer for the independence of the Holy See and the pope’s temporal sovereignty.

Attached: web3-pope-francis-praying-knees-instagram-east-news.jpeg (620x310, 38.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonine_Prayers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_to_Saint_Michael
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1517265251358.png (231x218, 5.5K)

Exactly my thoughts. Things are taking a very sinister turn. Praying for pedophile protection to whom exactly?

Hello Dr. Ford

I do agree with you, but even a single homosexual priest preying in children and teenagers or even an heterosexual one doing that is already one too much…surely there are false accusations out there, but we can’t use that as a defence from our own faults as the Church God wanted here on Earth

kek

what has the church done recently to address the issue? Besides deposing a priest who burned a gay flag.

Attached: DoQcgvSU8AAIOGJ.jpg (587x620, 49.9K)

Please let it happen

what's Sarahs' position on refugees, environment and social justice issues?

He’s quite conservative; but don’t think he’ll go full 14/88, since that’s pretty uncool for any Christian (I do oppose mass migration and the replacement of people of Yuropoor descent but not any of that ideological poop salad)

Dalai Lama told refugees to winnie the pooh off back to their own countries cause europe is for the europeans, why can't a Christian leader of high repute do the same?

Hollow’s Eve is a positive festivity which neobananas and Wicca wiggas tried to subvert; as a Catholic what worries me is how the Pontiff is not answering the Dubia and how is trying to say all is fine…
I’m not going to believe all priests are pedophiles and all bishops covered them up, but there’s a huge lump of rottenness in the RCC. We ought to pray for our priests indeed, for the salvation of their souls, and that the guilty ones may come forward, renounce the cloth and go to jail so to be able to walk back, after penance and repentance, into God’s grace (all the clergy who is guilty must lose their titles, as Peter Damian suggested and the Pope declared in those long gone centuries)

Now I'm really pondering the whore of Babylon theory…

Attached: WHATISABAIT.png (625x790, 20.58K)

Yo if you add creepy music this is a great film preview

We are starting to do that in Europe; Eastern Europe has been saying for decades

This.
Doesn't sound very Christian to me.

It's exactly like the Ford case, we are not talking about singular accusations in singular cases, we're talking about an entire wave of sexual accusations, to say that they're ALL true is not only most likely completely wrong, it goes against our justice system and creates victims when you say "they have called guilty, and must prove their innocence, it does not matter if they have died or there is no evidence".

It's simply hypocrisy.

I'm all for defrocking homosexual priests though, but I cannot defend the attitude that flips due process on its head for no charitable reason.

Calling out hypocrisy is not bait.

That's actually not a bad idea, but why wasn't this suggested some time ago? And why specifically about these circumstances? Seems hypocritical.

That's a good idea t…o-oh. That prayer. Uh oh.

(also >Leon XIII)

Attached: 6f89b90f88c68c57436bfbc5509eacd5cebb43341d3b887edb7131029c511f34.jpg (300x584, 30.67K)

I actually had to go look for context(Its , a post talking about no priests other than the Pope)
You realize there have been great many times that a priest WAS found guilty but he was just shuffled elsewhere? What Priest that hasn't passed due process are we calling out here?

Attached: mw84996.jpg (241x325, 37.8K)

I'll pray for the accusers, that they are granted justice for what evil was inflicted upon them by supposedly good men.

Attached: FB_IMG_1538101961259.jpg (720x800, 42.18K)

Why uh oh?

Attached: 5mvS6REoKY7R_BtarOyYeicjQe3uJUn_6ieSmbiB1Lg.jpg (640x627, 41.89K)

I think everyone is getting the wrong idea. The pope said to pray for the Church, not for the pedo priests, and I think that’s exactly what the Church needs right now. In fact, I’ve been praying that the Church may heal even before this, so I’m going to ask that every user in this thread will pray for me, pray that the Church will return to its former glory and shall be the stronghold for everything secular and progressive that plagues this world.

user, surely when you're speaking about the crisis, you have the Pennsylvania Grand Juries Report in mind, right? It's largely responsible for the giant backlash alongside the McCarrick case, and many of these allegations concern the dead (whom cannot defend themselves) or have no evidence except the allegation itself.

Just because Priests have molested does not mean all have, and it is a sin against Charity to cast all priests and even the papacy as some tool of Satan with no proof. For my part, I can readily believe that Pope Francis was duped. If the Lavender Mafia can side-track Benedict, why not Francis?

Be sure to do the prayer of St. Michael.

What makes you think that the high-ups who shuffled the original pedos back into other diocese and are currently covering up for God knows how many others are going to elect a pope who'd crush them with a righteous fist?
I'd wager that the next pope will be even more liberal than Francis.
There needs to be a genuine upheaval before any progress can be made. Of course we must keep praying for the Church as an institution, but we can't expect God to do all the work.

Just

About 100-120 years ago, Pope Leo XIII had a vision of God and Satan having a OT-style chit chat where Satan said he could ruin Rome in about half to a full century if God would let him take a shot at it, which he did. This freaked him out so badly that he came up with these particular prayers to appeal to Saint Michael the Archangel. It became a part of the Mass, but it was suppressed after Vatican II. Now it looks like they are being re-instituted.

This prayer is very potent but it's reintroduction is both a good and bad sign. The good part is that this is effectively a revision to a more traditional mode, regardless of the underlying reason. The bad part is that this is generally indicates the likelihood of apocalyptic issues are rising since it by necessity stems Satan attempting to corrupt the as warned about through Fatima, Akita and various Marian and non-Marian revelations.

Furthermore the long form of the prayer is also has exorcism functions that explicitly mentions supernatural Satanic church corruption: "These most crafty enemies have filled and inebriated with gall and bitterness the Church, the spouse of the Immaculate Lamb, and have laid impious hands on her most sacred possessions. In the Holy Place itself, where has been set up the See of the most blessed Peter and the Chair of Truth for the light of the world, they have raised the throne of their abominable impiety, with the iniquitous design that when the Pastor has been struck, the sheep may be scattered."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonine_Prayers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_to_Saint_Michael

Attached: 5836c3d1fc03f73beb0d80190159bafe008a91f49a9edb17e2c00689bcd4f5cc.jpg (500x281, 44.73K)

>The bad part is that this is generally indicates the likelihood of apocalyptic issues are rising since it by necessity stems from Satan attempting to corrupt Rome as warned about through Fatima, Akita and various Marian and non-Marian revelations.

A few fixes

Oh well you guys could fix this literally overnight, but you choose not to. Enjoy the degeneracy.

Good post.

Attached: 10good.png (314x344, 144K)

It’s worked before, it will work again. Also the Church has been through terrible shit like this before, but it will prevail as always.

Are you being sarcastic, honest, or did you just want a reason to post your image? Don’t worry, I won’t mind if it’s the third option.

It's well-known that the clergy is filled with homosexuals. I will give a straight family man like Kavanaugh the benefit of the doubt, someone whose mind is already the devil's playground is altogether different.

Shame.

Two out of those are correct.

You can pray and do the work to reform at the same time you know, this isn't Islam where you have to go face-first on a carpet 49 times a day.

Good point, let's just stop all sin instead of praying to God and asking the Saints. It's so simple we could do it overnight ourselves.

Should I pray the long original form of the prayer to St. Michael or the short one?

Attached: 1534264205406.png (195x189, 77.69K)

It’s fine, it’s a nice drawing user.

Also this needs to be answered

Most are probably doing the short one, I'm sure the longer form would be acceptable as well.

We need to spread this message to other people, so they may join in prayer as well.