Wife Having Crisis of Faith: Matthew 15:26

My wife found Jesus about a year ago and it has changed her life vastly for the better, however recently she has had a terrible time ever since she read the story about Jesus and the Canaanite Woman. In Matthew 15:21–28, Jesus encounters a Canaanite woman who begs Him to cure her daughter. Jesus initially refuses her request by saying, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs” (Matthew 15:26). We have both read a few explanations but none seem to be the answer she is looking for.
Her biggest fear is that the entire Christian religion is just a massive psyop by the Jews and Jesus might have only come back for Jewish salvation and that the rest of us don't matter.
Can anybody help with this? Maybe had your own issues with this story and be willing to share. She understands so much about Jesus and had great insight and would very much appreciate it since it has completely flipped her world around. Thank you.

Attached: tmrbp9b2j3c01.jpg (589x469, 62.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

orthochristian.com/115922.html
newadvent.org/fathers/200152.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I somehow find that hard to believe.

What exactly is hard to believe?

Read the next two verses.
The whole point of this passage is to reveal this woman's persistent faith and humility, and to remind us all to approach God accordingly.
As for Jesus only coming to save the Jews and that Christianity is some massive psyop to trick the goyim; how much evidence do you really need to know that that's a silly theory?

….Really? This is the best story you could come up with to come here and troll with? Your wife read Matthew 15 and her response was that "Christianity is a Jewish psy op"? Go back to Zig Forums, your bait is disgraceful

Attached: 1495768203041.png (611x508, 480.76K)

You could've at least read the entire chapter
Furthermore, Gentiles are saved while Jews are not:
Jews are not saved:
You should read the entire Bible, including the parts where Christ calls the Jews the spawn of Satan:
The Bible is the most anti-Jewish book that is universally available.

Attached: 14fd2e0964d18f4a8543e6992bd7920b.jpg (2580x2764 138.73 KB, 1.75M)

It's a genuine concern for some people. No matter how much the Catholic Church says the Israelites don't matter, anyone who reads their Bible can tell it's an extremely pro-Israelite book despite being blunt about their failures. Fortunately, thanks to Kings 2 and Maccabees 1 and Maccabees 2, we have records of the edomites taking over Judea and becoming "the jews" while the lost tribes of Israel were scattered among the nations. Gentiles literally means nations. Jesus told His apostles to go out to all the nations and if anything the parable of the Canaanite woman means even those not born of Israelite lineage can still reap the rewards of heaven.

There you go op, a comprehensive answer to your question when your op is probably just cuckchan tier bait anyway.

The Catholic Church is the continuation of temple judaism. It doesn't say the Israelites don't matter because the Israelites were proto-catholics.

This is true but not necessarily a bad things. Many Catholics have taken a strange reaction to zionism though, accepting the claim that the jews are Israelites but also claiming that they magically turned evil when Jesus came as if lineage and genetics mean nothing (which is something the jews want you to believe.) But don't confuse me for CI. I believe anyone of any race can become and act Christian if they are good.

Read this:

orthochristian.com/115922.html

And stop interpreting Scripture on your own

lel, it's a bit of cord.

Why must jews always exaggerate so much? Look at how the tables are flipped, look how they are on the floor.
Yeah, go on, try waving a little bit of cord around and winnie the pooh with moneysharks. I dare you. I double dog dare you. You'd get hooked in the gabber instantly.

well it's not just catholics the world has forgotten the modern day "jews" LARP, and such. we are in demonic times. political correctness and rabid anti-christianity and secularism is the main culture in the world right now. hopefully we can go back to a time when people aren't concerned about being politically correct and just say the truth. also i'm pretty concerned about (((them))) infiltrating conservative politics too, like dennis prager, shapiro, kushner etc.

at least we might be able to stack the supreme court with another catholic if ginsberg leaves/dies and we get amy barrett. also it is hilarious reading on reddit people complaining that catholics are over represented on the supreme court and one person was like wait, you're concerned about that but not about the insane overrepresentation of jews? 3/9 are jews and they are only 6 million, vs now 5/9 are catholic but we are 20% of the population in the US.

When in doubt, always see what the Church Fathers have to say about a particular passage.
newadvent.org/fathers/200152.htm

OP, to oversimplify it, early Jesus was exclusively for the Jews, but when the Jews refused to believe he was Christ, he became exclusively for Gentiles and true believers.

To further understand this I suggest reading Paul's chapters:

Romans
Corinthians
Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
Thessalonians
Timothy
Titus
Philemon
Hebrews

Matthew basically wrote for Jews to understand Christ.
Paul basically wrote for Gentiles to understand.

Jesus even makes it as clear as he can

Vineyard = Gods covenant
Fruit of the Vineyard = Righteousness and Goodness
Tenets = Jews
Servants = Prophets

Jesus says many times that if the Jews reject him then the covenant is is offering will be given to others

Your wife needs to follow the example of the Canaanite woman. Jesus always intended to come for the gentiles too, and he tested them and allowed them to show their excellence in faith like the woman did. Tell your wife to be like the woman and have humble faith like a dog

Thank you all for the answers. I can understand why you would think I was a troll, but this was a legitimate problem and for those of you who provided help I thank you again.

It's another one of these concern troll threads.

Lol Ahmeds and Fedoras really are npcs

>Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.

under a cushion?

It's an oldie, but it's a goody ……

Attached: smirky-the-smirkle-twins.jpg (715x513, 92.66K)

Your wife if indeed ur not just r/atheism trolling us again with another "ingenious" questions ……. is experiencing "early days" attacks from the devil. It's normal. he sets out to destroy the faith of any new believer by causing doubt in every little detail and sometimes those hooks-of-doubt catch a thread and then he just pulls and pulls.
So, firstly, she should not be alarmed.

Secondly, get her to look to Revelations and the "144,000", twelve thousand from each tribe of Israel, but then at "the great multitude". They're not jews – those are enumerated – so who are they? Angels? Nope, scripture already has those covered. They're us.

Thirdly, that verse in Matthew is out of context: Yes, Jesus appears to be calling us gentiles "dogs" (though as I'm sure you've already read, that means indoor pet dogs) which was in line with Jewish views at the time since most of the people around him were Jews and he was communicating effectively with them, not just with her, they would have viewed it as "Oh, good, he's still ONLY a Jewish prophet."
BUT, how does the passage end? He turns it on its head: "O woman, great is your faith: be it to you even as you will." He confounds the Jewish exclusionists in the crowd by telling her that her FAITH has given her what she wants.

HER FAITH.

This is then the lesson: Yes, Christ will not be easily accessed, but by faith, and you'll have to be willing to display and even PROVE that faith before you get to Christ.

So, then the devil will say, "Aahhh, but look at how the Christ favours the Jews. This is still a Jewish religion." But, who said anything about Jesus treating everyone the same? Remember the parable about the field labourers, that even the people who came at 4pm and did some work got a full day's wages, and what was the master's response? Why are you worrying about what other people got? Didn't I treat you fairly? What Jesus does with the Jews on judgement day is none of our business, nor any of our concern, we evangelise them just the same – for NO ONE gets to the Father but through Christ.

But, to the original point: the woman showed faith in v27, and in v28 Jesus rewarded that with the miracle she so desperately wanted. This is no Jewish psyop; if we show and prove to Christ our faith, we will be amongst the "great multitude", too.

Attached: how-ministry-ages-you.jpg (576x667, 51.9K)