Brand New Tesla Model S Spontaneously Combusts Twice

A Tesla Model S that was not being worked on and was not involved in a collision spontaneously combusted on Tuesday, catching fire in a tire shop parking lot near the Bay Area, according to NBC. After the fire department arrived and the Tesla was subsequently towed away, it then reignited a second time at a tow yard.

Not one, but twice! Tesla Model S catches fire in Los Gatos at a tire repair shop. Then, hours later, it reignites at a tow yard in Campbell. Video of the 1st fire, 2nd fire, and the aftermath. t.co/WH228sv1rW pic.twitter.com/sWL9ZTmNlu

— Janelle Wang (@janellewang) December 19, 2018

The owner of the tire shop said after the vehicle was brought in on a tow truck, they noticed a "hissing sound" coming from it before the vehicle went up in flames. The batteries in the vehicle continued to burn long after the flames were put out, the fire department concluded, and there was no indication that anyone was shooting at the batteries this time.

After the vehicle was towed from the tire shop to a tow yard, it again went up in flames. Fire officials remained at the scene to keep watch over the batteries and ensure that they didn’t reignite a third time.

"[Fire crews] said that Tesla batteries tend to reignite," the report said.

"It's a brand new car, I just got it three months ago, there's only 1200 miles on the car," the owner told NBC Bay Area. The report stated that the owner will likely not replace the car with another Tesla due to "a lack of customer service" and "safety concerns".

"No more Teslas," the driver told NBC. "If this car was in the house and we were on vacation, and this thing caught fire in the garage, the whole house could go under!"

archive.fo/XNYh7
zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-19/brand-new-tesla-model-s-spontaneously-combusts-twice

Attached: Brand New Tesla Model S Spontaneously Combusts Twice.png (500x281, 248.22K)

How does Tesla keep making money? I rarely ever see one of their cars being driven unless I'm in a metropolitan area and even then one in a few.

I will never ever drive one of these things. I'll stick to maintaining my older Ford trucks.

As I understand it they lose money on every car sold, but the company is still valuable because of its brand name, technology and market share in an area that investors think will be yuge in the future.

So investors are being suckered to keep the company afloat? Well good luck to them if rarely anyone decides to buy an overpriced Tesla.

Seriously, is this all we can do in America anymore? Make SHIT quality digital cars that blow up!?

You know what could be great? nuclear powered cars, it would make it easier to set them on the walled state of zion and cause lasting damage to those parasites.

a company that is valuable as stock, is still valuable. even if its not profitable.
aintcha ever heard of this brand of (((capitalism))) before? no private ownership, profits dont drive the market… but they call it capitalism.

Well its not capitalism, what it resembles is pure stupidity akin to gambling on a failed state!

>>>/prepare/1

Attached: PicsArt_12-19-04.49.48.jpg (658x480, 66.28K)

Me a Grand Theft Auto Queer

Attached: Screenshot_20181219-200456.png (480x854, 67.75K)

Neato, and yet they still have the highest safety ratings of any vehicles yet invented

Electric cars can never ever work goyim.
If they did the petro-dollar, and amerikan hegemony, would collapse.
Its obviously possible to build $250000 electric cars as jewelry for rich people but a $30000 or even $50000 electric car, that's physically impossible.
We guarantee it.

Electric cars are the future, its like buying ibm share early. More and more cheap solar panels will make it a future energy source.

If they're all digitized and/or driverless, don't want them and won't use them. I'll stick with driving and maintaining my old Ford truck.

figures.

I will never step foot into one of these driver-less vehicles. Never.

have fun paying $200 per gallon when the oil dries up you dumb cunt

It's called a ponzi scheme. No amount of laws are going to keep Speculators from speculating and as long as dumb people speculate people are going to try and make money off of them. It's part of capitalism. Get used to it.

As an interesting aside the increased production of electric cars should eventually actually lower the price of gasoline as the oil companies are faced with the very real competition to their strangle hold on energy. They can't really pull what they did in the past to stop it either, public opinion is too hard rallied against them now - they put a stop to ethanol production with the prohibition, before that they bought out and dismantled a nation wide public transit system via passenger railways and trolleys.

The prevalence of the electric car is the one thing that will actually be able to fist fuck the still very real oil barons of the world.

Gee, I wonder why.

Attached: 751e627a902a90c7abe6ef38377b08cfbf896089a208d1fd7023e63c32120525.jpg (680x946, 74.14K)

THIS JUST IN, NEW TECHNOLOGY IS UNRELIABLE AND PRONE TO FAILURE UNTIL IT BECOMES DEVELOPED ENOUGH TO THE POINT WHERE MOCKING IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE AN ARCHAIC RETARD

tesla
in the trash it goes

Attached: 1540729992.strikeanywhere_blerf.jpg (1265x666, 191.94K)

BATTERIES ELON
WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE BATTERIES

they make diesel out of wheat and natural gas you stupid prick

You're fucking retarded holy fuck

neanderthal even if i confuse the gases it doesnt change the fact that you can make diesel from different sources
no go be degenerate somewhere else

/This
FucK elon muskrat and his stupid fucking technology. Literally what has he done for black people?

Unfortunate for the owner :s.

I have a serious love/hate with Tesla. Got to ride in and drive the S a few times, and it is a pretty impressive car, though, I gotta say I prefer the driving experience of traditional cars. On the other hand, I think the 3 and X look like garbage, while the S is downright cool.

My main concern is the "unknown-unknowns" surrounding the technology behind these kinds of cars. Traditional combustion engines have had almost a 100 years of being "battle-tested" against metrics of reliability and safety.

With Tesla-Style battery packs + electric motors, we can expect an overall smaller number of issues, as its a fundamentally simpler design (less moving parts, less room for manufacturing error, more opportunity to study each design phase in greater depth), but there's probably lots of small issues that will pop up that could seriously fuck with their reliability and/or safety.

Whether or not these potential issues present a greater risk than traditional vehicles is impossible to say, and unfortunately, it's going to take a long time to discover them and iron them out. No testing or engineering is worth as much as real world experience.

Attached: oil_processing_chamber.jpg (474x745, 78.92K)

yep, lol

nice pic for ants