College Students Will Soon Have To Use VPNs To Bypass Online Censorship

HOW TO GET A DECENT PAYING JOB AND SAVE MONEY: >>>/prepare/40 | archive.fo/4vGvc
web.archive.org/web/20180924174348/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/40.html

Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ, not his death, which happens in the spring. When it comes to dead litigation, it’s apparently the opposite.

The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has resurrected a lawsuit against the University of Mary Washington for not meddling enoughin its students’ lives.

Here’s some background:

A location-based social media app called Yik Yak used to exist. It let users post things anonymously in a given geographic area, such as around colleges.

Unsurprisingly, a lot of people posted boorish and offensive things. Even less surprisingly, people with fascist tendencies demanded their universities identify and punish those people.

A feminist group at UMW took this to the next level by filing a lawsuit last year alleging the public university failed to protect them from a “sexually hostile environment.”

Also named as a defendant was the university’s former president Richard Hurley, who allegedly retaliated against the plaintiffs …by publicly defending the school against the students’ claims. I’m not kidding.

The lawsuit’s other legal reasoning was not particularly convincing. The plaintiffs said UMW should have shut down Yik Yak by banning the app from the campus network. This would not have stopped anyone with a data signal from using the app. Which is basically everyone.

A federal judge knocked down the lawsuit a year ago, saying that implementing the plaintiffs’ demands “may have exposed the university to liability under the First Amendment.”

It wasn’t even clear the university had control over the people posting on Yik Yak, since they could have been members of the broader Fredericksburg community in the vicinity of the university, or just visitors passing through, or students communicating off-campus.

Assumed but never demonstrated in the lawsuit: whether the speech at issue in Yik Yak was unprotected under the First Amendment. You’d think this would be the first thing the 4th Circuit would nail down.

Nope!

As analyzed by the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, the Richmond, Virginia-based appeals court completely ignored the legal status of the very speech at issue.

archive.fo/L8Ulf
zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-20/appeals-court-rules-colleges-must-censor-block-online-services-if-they-offend
web.archive.org/web/20180815204246/https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-keep-anonymous-2018/
There has been one previous thread about this article.

Attached: College Students Will Soon Have To Use VPNs To Bypass Online Censorship.png (634x336, 18.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20180815204246/https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-keep-anonymous-2018/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Figures. Students will just use VPNs and then these assholes won't be spied on anymore either.

Didn't mean to say the students were assholes, I meant *assholes couldn't spy on the students. Forgive my mistake.

I talked mad trash on Yik Yak when it first came out. Those were fun times.

Isn't it better over here though?

anti-slide

but you don't have a job at all, and you haven't saved a fucking thing. who are you to tell us how to get a good job and save?

Who do you think your talking to exactly? I'm OP and I'm fucking retired already, I'm old. And the links provided are from SEVERAL different sources, and so are the copypastas on those links. If you don't like that info, your barking at dozens of different anons that provided it!

By the way, Jesus never existed, but in your fake ass bullshit brainwashing 'bible', it clearly says that Jesus died in the Spring, and was born in the winter.

you can't even get your myths right

so, you live in a really nice house? how much money did you save from your excellent job?

I'm not being mean. I'm asking an honest question.

I'm not being an asshole.

I am no one to give life advice, either

Neither you or I have any right pretending we have solid advice to give young people on how to make 'decent' money, OR save it

Frère Jacques, Frère Jacques,
Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?
Sonnez les matines! Sonnez les matines!
Ding, dang, dong. Ding, dang, dong.

I made some money working at a local mill, then trucking for a couple years (I quite that job) and later on construction and later some contracting work. Made out with a nice 401K (which I took my money out), bought my home outright and began prepping after the Y2K scare, and haven't stopped prepping since. Its a good amount of assets and money I have, and let me tell you what, I don't trust the banks. I trust entry-point fortification and guns.

Brother Jacques, Brother Jacques,
Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping?
Ring [the bells for] the matins! Ring [the bells for] the matins!
Ding, dang, dong. Ding, dang, dong.''

So what you're saying is neither you or I have any place giving anybody any advice about anything?

Forgot to answer this one: its decent but I'm a pack rat so its kinda dirty and cluttered around here. What I do like is that I live away from the major cities (death traps), I live in a small rural town and know a lot of people around here. I get my meats and eggs all local, I go to the local farmers market for my vegetables and rarely have to go to any busy metropolitan area (unless I desire to do another COSTCO stockup). When SHTF, I'll be far enough away from the masses to survive.

Theologians have also suggested that Jesus was born in the spring, based on the biblical narrative that shepherds were watching over their flocks in the fields on the night of Jesus' birth — something they would have done in the spring, not the winter.

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 15.22K)

So… what you are saying is neither you or I have any right trying to tell other people advice on how to get a decent-paying job or how to save money?

Like I said, you don't seem to understand /prepare/…. its a collection of copypastas from OTHER sources and OTHER anons. I was the one who put it all together, the copypastas that is. Conversations and articles going back from 3 to 4 years now.

So in other words, you're basically agree that neither you or I have any place giving people advice about how to get a decent-paying job and save money?

I have every right to try to INFORM people whats going on, what I do know. And so do others. Those links have dozens of different sources and comments from dozens of different anons, not just me hooting my horn at no one.

So, what you're trying to say is that neither you or me should ever assume that we are in any position to give people advice about finding a decent-paying job and saving their money?…

However…. I was the one that put all of it together. That was me who made the boards. Also I had to lock them because of the auto-bot spammer that nuked the other boards on endchan. Ohhhhhh the despots hate me everywhere I go, but I'm used to the spooks!

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're trying to say is that although you put this together, you have no right pretending like you are in a position to tell people how to get a decent-paying job and save money hey, any more than I am in a position to tell people how to get a decent-paying job and save money?

What I'm saying is I do know trade schools are much better and more affordable, the jobs are in higher demand depending where you live (everyone needs electricians and plumbers for example!)… I know that cities are expensive and many states are insolvent so you might be better off living elsewhere! Sure, I do know that, and I have the right to say it and warn people.

STOP AVOIDING THE QUESTION
Theologians have also suggested that Jesus was born in the spring, based on the biblical narrative that shepherds were watching over their flocks in the fields on the night of Jesus' birth — something they would have done in the spring, not the winter.

Attached: PicsArt_12-20-09.18.59.jpg (480x480, 65.61K)

QUESTION:

THE BIBLE SAYS 'JESUS' WAS BORN IN THE SPRING

and even YOU know his name WASN'T 'jesus'

QUESTION:

and you know 'jesus' was NOT white

QUESTION:

and no matter how many times you repeat the same thing over and over, deep down inside you realize that you are just parroting what your parents told you, and what their parents told them, and what their parents told them before that, and what their parents told them, and what their parents told them… And deep inside you realize the entire thing is a lie.

I don't know what you are trying to say. The links from /prepare/ are basically informative tips from various sources over the years. And they are damn good informative tips a lot of them. I'm not really "saying" anything, I'm allowing it to all fall into place so people can learn. If you don't like that info then simply disregard it.

QUESTION:

You know it's a lie

STAY ON TOPIC:

You are fully aware that Christianity is all based on lies

QUESTION:

You know it's all just a bunch of bullshit

ADMIT IT

Deep down inside you know that none of the biblical Tales actually happened

No, it is not. Did you even read any of it? Did you look at the vast amount of sources providing the info? Its not a lie, this is reality whether you like it or not. Certain places ARE more expensive to live. Certain trades can make you a decent amount of money. Certain techniques to save money, etc.

You are OFF topic now, we were talking about /prepare/

No, we are talking about the mythological concept known as 'Christianity'…

The most knowledgeable theologians clearly state debt the mythological figure known as Jesus was born on April 21st

I'm not paying attention to that. I'm having myself a Merry Christmas this year, as in CHRISTmas…. oh yes praise the Lord!

AGAIN: the most knowledgeable scholars and theologians have researched the subject and insist that the mythological figure known as 'jesus' was born on April 21st

Attached: PicsArt_12-20-09.37.51.png (480x769, 155.09K)

Why would you celebrate the birth of a mythological figure in December when the mythological figure was born on April 21st?

Wouldn't that be like celebrating lunch at 4:30 in the morning?

OK, I don't really know that but whatever. I'm just glad he was born and I'm glad he's with us all right now.

I'm just curious why you would celebrate the birth of Jesus 8 months late

But he's not with us because you're always saying he's coming back…

If he was with us he wouldn't need to come back

You're celebrating the birth of an imaginary figure 8 months too late oh, and you say he's here with us but he's coming back one of these days, even though he's here

I've heard of some contradictory statements before Oh, but you seem to be full of more contradictions than almost anyone I've ever heard

I'm NOT being a dickhead

I'm simply quoting your own words

So explain it again, please:

he's HERE with us, but he's 'coming back' eventually, and you celebrate his birth 8 months after his birthday?

I'm curious why you started a thread about getting a decent-paying job and saving money by mentioning that you are celebrating the birth of an imaginary figure eight months after he was allegedly born oh, and he's here but he's not here because he's coming back one day, but he's here even though he's not here…

And that is supposed to have something to do with getting a decent-paying job and saving money?

You can understand why this is so confusing, correct?

He's not here physically, he's here spiritually, in another sense. He WILL be back physically though.

He's all around us in a spiritual sense, but he'll be back physically on this Earth sometime. When it will be I don't exactly know when, whenever God sees fit.

'spiritually' is very vague term

In fact, 'spiritually' has no real meaniimg… it must not be perceptible because I have no idea what you're talking about…

I've never felt anything spiritual before Oh, so I don't believe you at all

I got to go for now, I'll be back on later.

…. don't tell me… You'll still be here spiritually, even though you're not here, but you're still here, but you're coming back eventually, but even though you're leaving and you're not here, you're still here…

spiritually

Homelessness is cheaper than maintaining property and definitely cheaper than indulging in prepping as a hobby. But I still don’t see how this ties into using a vpn. Light skin undermines all the opsec you can practice, as does having a European surname. There’s also the unfortunate mistake of living in the US. I’m sure there are other issues besides.

Just like 'jesus', OP is not here, but he's here spiritually, so he's here,, even though he's not here, but he's 'coming back', but he's here, but he's not here

I feel like a fag saying goodbye. But is OP saying those poor students, they’ll have to use a VPN just to watch Youtube because needlefart videos will soon be censored? Who cares about the tribulations of some normie who can’t even figure out torrenting.

Attached: 487BB580-D350-48FB-814D-A57E8D7E035D.gif (460x260, 8.23M)

you fail to realize that OP is 'saving the world' by creating threads that are only read by 11 or 12 people

Hahahahaha!!! Dude I fucking LOVE that gif

I fought with MAGApedes all morning on this board and now that Blumpf somehow scored 5.7B for a “wall” their confidence is going to soar. It will be 2016 all over again. Now that I know he’s older I understand more about his mindset. The whole self-sufficient Protestant trip.

“Olympian is chased by bees” heh.

This isn't about "Trump"….. its about our nation surviving while its practically on a life support system. We MUST have a secure border or in a few more years, Americans will be the MINORITY!!

We need no such thing! That wall would keep us trapped inside a totalitarian police state! Mexicans are our brothers!

Uh, that’s all I’ve got.

First wall, then end the Fed, then contract the empire enough to rebuild some strength, then nuke Russia and China for daring to arrogate themselves a multipolar world.

We are already a police state and Mexico is 1000x worse than ours which is why people flee Mexico. If you are delusional enough to think you are going to run off to Mexico when things get worse here, you have a big ugly surprise my friend.

Here's a better idea: fund the wall and KEEP the 2nd Amendment. There, your concerns of things getting worse are mostly mitigated.

Oh, are you worried about the bumpstock thing symbolizing erosion of gun rights?

If the democratic Senate grants wall funding, don’t we also need to institute mass deportations? Are you comfortable with the detritus of the 1965 immigration act, or more a civic nationalist?

Also, having a wall doesn't mean immigration stops. It means mob invasions (like the caravan) stop. It means drug trafficking and human trafficking stops. It means foreign spies no longer can come into our nation through the "backdoor".

Bump stocks are not guns, they are just a hyper-hype accessory which I've explained numerous times. I don't like the ban, I don't support it but whatever. It has 0% impact on guns. It just means you can't rapid fire from a bump stocked rifle at the range. What gun owners will do is hold onto them, and keep them from being seen from others in private (as they are unregistered).

No mass deportations are needed for legalized citizens, only those who are illegally here and its already happening everyday via ICE enforcement.

Yeah, I don’t care about them. Their value in the national news is strictly symbolic at best.

I mentioned above that people coming through the front door, and having come thereby, has also been harmful. One, brain drain on other nations and poor education for Americans. Two, intentional browning from non-best-fit cultures.

Ok, so you must be more civnat, or multicultural empire but peoples remain in their respective vassal states, kind of person.

That is, unless they have something economically powerful to offer I mean.

I'm a civic nationalist, I'm not a full blown fascist, but I do care about the rule of law and being orderly. And I do care very much about freedom and national sovereignty.

I think civnat is superior to identitarian ideologies. I’m still uncomfortable giving a pass to all the people who got into the country or were naturalized while this group of people, Call them globalists, Communists, whatever, were shitting all over us. Even if we straighten our demographic situation out somewhat the economic damage is catastrophic. We have entire generations of Americans who aren’t fit to carry the burden forward. We’ve been looted and colonized by an enemy from within.

Maybe there’s hope that over time these issues can be dealt with piecemeal, but there is this notion that people who come from cultures so divergent from our own, or those we are derivative from, will vote blue or do everything for the gibs. Thus, we will continue to enable one worlders a strong political foothold to take it all back.

RE: 'scored 5 billion for wall'

not at all. in fact, tomorrow tthe Senate's going to veto it… The bill has NOT been signed into law, and the Senate is going to shit on it big-time.

HINT: NO WALL

I am too to be honest because it does change demographics and demographics changes nations over time.

What we need to do is install a limit to immigration, limit it to only so many per year. That, and the wall of-course.

OK, hopefully he'll shut down parts of the government then.

Then the strategy would be to allow the shutdown.

I want to limit it to only cats, because I like cats. I’ll even take them from countries involved in terrorism.

the Democrats wwould LOVEfor him to shut down pparts of the govt.

He would be shooting himself in the foot SO bad, and only further his lame duck status.

And the Democrats won't 'cave in' because of a government sshut down

Does he have any recourse to being a bottom in order to stay on top?

Squandering social capitol because the dems go into “think of the blacks and the childrens what don’t got no Big Brother this Xmas” strikes me as an acceptable price to pay. Perhaps you mean something else. He’s already a one term guy.

capital*

Hahaha. Little are you thinking about his support base. They'd love it!

We'll see come 2020. It ain't over, far from it.

lol

the fact is, although he probably won't ever be indicted or impeached, he's forever going to be known as the biggest idiot, lying, worthless, delusional, fuckface, cheating scumbag president EVER

My view is that without a real wall up, not a fence, his fate is sealed. Doubly so if the Fed tanks the econ.

they don't matter

they're even stupider than him

Well if your talking politics then they DO matter, because they're the voter base. A large one at that. All they need to do is have confidence in him, and he'll likely win another election. So stay tuned.

LOL "MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL!"

LOL "OUR TAXPAYERS WILL PAY FOR THE WALL!"

LOL "NO WALL, AND I'LL SHUT DOWN THE GOVT!"

LOL "OKAY, FORGET ABOUT THE WALL!"

That’s a situation where their being dumb works in his favor.

READ MY LIPS

NO WALL……..

let that sink in

America has been bankrupt ever since 1974 when Nixon took us off the gold standard….

They have artificially stimulated the economy by printing fake money with no gold to back it up, and printing more money, and printing more money, and printing more money…

But we have been bankrupt since 1974….

The stock market is not a real indicator of our economy oh, and you can guarantee that the central Bankers are going to collapse the economy again just like 2008, and nobody went to jail.

If you think the economy is strong, you'll believe anything

REPEAT AFTER ME:

"NO…. WALL….."

As long as Trump does his best to get that wall, I will vote for him, because I know Congress is very very guilty and has A LOT to do with this mess. However, if Trump caves and gives in, then I won't vote for him again. That simple.

Obama, Clinton, and Schumer voted for 700 miles of fence in 2005 or 2006, I think? But now dems unanimously oppose a wall?

I haven’t had decent gainful employment since 2000, so “strong” is not a word I would likely use. Though, in the last 4 years or so that’s my own fault not anyone else’s.

We are technically on petrodollars with military strength and human capital as providing backing for the currency, no?

Very true.