How Americans Could Learn From Mr. Putin

Using a smartphone puts one’s privacy and security at risk and this poses a great danger particularly to any high-profile leader, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in an interview with the Rossiya-24 TV channel, adding that this was the reason why Russian President Vladimir Putin does not use a cell phone.

When asked whether the head of state owned a smartphone, Peskov said: "not as far as I know, he does not have a phone."

Peskov noted that "using a smartphone" means "total transparency", which is tantamount to anyone, anywhere, at any time getting hold of all the details of any and all confidential matters. Moreover, he went on to point out "when you start using a smartphone, you agree to make your matters public," the presidential spokesman emphasized. "Unfortunately, this is the way of the world and everyone should comprehend this. Accordingly, a head of state cannot afford it, let alone the president of a country like Russia, especially a president like Putin," he added.

Peskov also went on to point out that "good old-fashioned phones used over secure government communications networks will outlive all smartphones."

The Kremlin spokesman went on to say that printouts were still used for preparing information for the president. "There are files with printouts, there are printed and digital digests. The president can look up information on a computer, on the Internet and on TV, in a traditional way," Peskov added.

Replying to a question about whether he asked the president for advice before commenting on a strong statement by some foreign leader, Peskov explained that "if needed, there is always a possibility to ask the president to clarify his position."

In this regard, the interviewer mentioned the Ukrainian president’s recent statement, in which he had described the Kerch Strait incident as a war. Peskov noted "there are a lot of situations when Russia’s position is consistent and well-known."

"There is nothing new in such statements by the Ukrainian president. It was an obvious provocation attempt, so there is nothing new. Ukraine’s pre-election climate only makes the country’s authorities employ stronger rhetoric," the Russian presidential spokesman added.

archive.fo/10ahg
tass.com/politics/1036938

Attached: How Americans Could Learn From Mr. Putin.jpg (744x521, 187.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2018/08/14/the-future-of-policing-using-pre-crime-technology/#45d6711a64a1
vimeo.com/303957552?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=28749
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Now thats smart. Thats how you protect information, wired and under your direct control. Our government could use some OPSEC tips.

Not many people are willing to go entirely without a computer at home. But anything less is a prison of responsibility and risk-taking.

Oh, we've already learned from Putin…..

We've learned how easy it was to blackmail trump

Anyway, this article is about fuckin' useless. Is he talking about giving up flip phones for landlines, or strictly Apple/Google phones? Also, what makes this half chink think that they aren't tracking his search results and what he's researching? Nothing said about that either.

Thats true, I still use an older laptop and have a wired connection w/ VPN, but I'm not tinfoil enough to ditch all computers or phones. A flip phone is fine, if they want to spy on it then it will be very boring because I only use it to call people I know every now and then.

This article is great because it provides limitless possibilities for conversation, could even lead to further OPSEC tips from tech savvy geeks, who knows? Thats how I got most the stuff posted on /prepare/, I just created threads, waited a while, grabbed all the informative comments and made copypastas from them. Plus this article is bound to trigger some people so it might get somewhere interdasting.

But they still have your voice, the voices of people around you, your rough location. They can activate the camera remotely, see your privates. They can get any sort of banking information or unmentionable because those devices have the technology inbuilt to do a lot of damage spying.

I would rather use a landline, but suppose I have a spouse who's like "why are you 5 minutes late I'm going to kill myself if you don't talk to me, help, I need you…to live!" and she's so darned unrelenting that you grant her that nicety. Well, now they have your ass.

Tech savvy geeks got nothin, man. They're like, "shit, nigga, I still use dem tracfones, naw'm sayin? I jes get one and ditch it every month or two."

And then the conversation about why the Yuropoors can't get one with ID sets in, and the complaining about sim card plans wasting your shekels when you have to pay registration fee to turn your phones on.

After that, the total queers come in and say "root your phone, dawg! LineageOS! CyanogenMod, bruv! Nah, man, the binary blobs. Google got it locked down, son."

Finally, they admit there's no other way than a rotary landline, preferably in someone else's house.

I have nothing against people trying to take responsibility and develop an awareness. That's great. The average person has no concept of this stuff, and you're doing them a service–really, you are. Still, at the bottom of this pit is the unadulterated, naked truth that there is no way out unless you banish these devices from your home and your life, that THAT is the only way to defeat these monsters.

if they can hack into the mic

I use a private encrypted VPN service and never leave my modem running 24/7 anyway. I've likely hopped a dozen different IPs just today.

I busted the camera out with a screwdriver, it won't work or activate.

I bank by mail or in person only. Never online.

They can hack into the mic. They can and they have.

Any VPN that you pay for is not private. The person you paid for it can out you.

Good job on the camera. That's the way–elimination.

The banking information would be had through the microphone if not the camera. Any kind of tone from a button could be a tip. You could whisper a partial number to yourself. Over months time, maybe your bear lover will ask you for the atm pin or the teller will say the number out loud to herself because she has a poor memory from all the dope she did in her stripper days. It's a dangerous world.

I know I'm being hyperbolic, but the point is that where there is a will there's a way. That is the trouble with these tips and tricks to have one's cake and eat it too.

Plus you gotta go through their carriers, which is like investing in the enemy's weaponry against you.

Attached: ab57e252e26abafc141632e4f9bc816567671de93961772ae21739f136b67f2e.jpg (378x450, 10.59K)

What I meant by private VPN is a prescription VPN rather than a free VPN. 'Free' VPNs usually sell user data to afford their 'free' service. I have a VPN provider that has "no log" policies in their Terms of Service (which is what I've heard you should look for). However, who knows if they really discard IP data or not. That depends where they operate I guess, what the laws are.

There will ALWAYS be some kind of way for spooks to know who you are online. The point of OPSEC is to make it as difficult and time consuming as possible, because only if they really need to get to you they'd waste their time and resources on you. Thats key.

I work for one and by law we upload to gov every 4 hours so don't be fooled.

SUBSCRIPTION

( I definitely think you need a prescription, but not for a VPN… Perhaps an atypical antipsychotic would be more in order )

HINT: the NSA can (and already has) cracked ALL encryption, including all VPNs

correct !!…

But even more importantly, the NSA doesn't need anybody to upload anyting, because they have cracked all encryption… If you don't believe me, you would be fooling yourself

yup

That's good to know. So basically you want both a VPN and Tor, using them both at the same time? I'd imagine that would cause a bigger headache.

Right, but then you make yourself stand out by running the Linux kernel or BSD and they focus in on that; by going to certain forums; researching certain terms; having types of knowledge that the general pop is not in possession of. That's the idea of a watchlist. They're pinning you down over the years based on how many dicks you like to see in one asshole.

Attached: PicsArt_12-21-07.56.42.png (1080x1552, 211.06K)

No such thing as anonymity exists.

I guess you could also use VPN and I2P as well. If everyone did that it would be giving them headaches.

This is where my mind is focused. Well, if the net was created for military purposes, and they've used it to implement behavioral modification technology and all fucking search engines, practically, go through Goolag, and they've got the processors backdoored, and every OS, and this year they've descended upon linux with systemdicks and CoC and the necessary raping to ruin it once and for all. And you almost can't get a prepaid phone anymore without an ID, and on and on. Your fucking television has to be a smart tv, and if you don't update the thing it'll quit working. If you leave it plugged in, it will listen. It's a full spectrum control grid everywhere. These half measures are…self-flattery or something.

Plus this meme goes around that you are obligated to have sock accounts where you run bots and say nice things to your normie friends and family, post pics of yourselves scratching your ass at the beach and eating ice cream. I mean, Christ, all of this to feed at the trough of post-truthiness? I'm not saying I don't think opsec is pointless necessarily; I'm saying I don't have the energy for it.

I don't necessarily believe that. Some level can exist, but the question is to what extent. Under what conditions. If you have hackers looking for you and know good OPSEC, you could likely remain safe. If you have spooks (agencies) looking for you then you'll likely get caught. If you have the MPAA trying to track your default IP for piracy, its almost hit or miss everytime, and when you get a VPN they can't. So what I'm saying is it all depends on the environment, what your doing, and who you attract.

If I change my VPN IP every two hours or so, can they still easily track me? Even when I wipe out all my browser history/cache? That's what I'd like to know.

I'm sure you could take out 12 minutes of your busy life to listen to William Binney (the man who CREATED the software for the NSA) explain how and WHY they do it….

A: YES of course

These days I'm thinking, wouldn't it be nice if gov and politics were not absolutely everywhere in my life at all times? And then I sit down at a computer, or I fish the little tele out of my pocket, and the more I try to protect myself from those intrusions into those little containers of my curiosity about the world of information, the more I invite them to step closer. It's obscene.

Every keystroke is recorded.

Attached: PicsArt_12-21-08.07.51.jpg (599x799, 75.48K)

As William Binney explains: they are funneling EVERYTHING

E V E R Y F U C K I N G T H I N G

Called "Intelligence" though we didn't know any such thing really existed due to no proof. lol.

I got a big shot aircraft engineer fired for e mailing me some shit I didn't like by having the cops track him. It was fucking funny as hell and they guy still hates me to this day.

I'm going to to create a movement similar to breatharianism where I recruit young men to shun digital technology and the information age while I sit in my office sinning the sin away, for their sake. We'll see who dies first, yes we will!

OK. What I'm asking is this: your web browser typically keeps all tabs on activity via sqlite logging (cookies/cache/etc). I know this because I routinely (manually) wipe those sqlite files from my browser's directories before switching my proxy VPN IP. Everytime.

Follow me so far? What I'm asking is that, under that circumstance, if I am going through 8 to 12 different IPs every single day wiping out all my browser's sqlite files before changing the IPs, how can they link every fucking single thing I've done in the past when all that metadata has been routinely obfuscated (I even spoof my browser agent with RAS), so how can they find me from that intermittent jiration?

Thats like saying X came from 10.202.33.45 and then nothing. X came from 23.44.59.101 and then nothing. X came from 57.203.133.55 and then nothing. And so on and so on and so on and so on. Every fucking day. How do you make patterns from that and define who the hell X is or if X was connected to every single one of those IPs?

The idea would be that whatever two computers did together got sucked up into the server farm and, should you become interesting, they may set legal criteria for assigning responsibility for communications more or less closely associated with you. But it's absolutely there, somewhere, and you could win that lottery because they're not in the business of finding the truth.

Probability math. Whatever you cannot deduce, you may still induce others to believe.

HOW THEY DO IT :

they funnel EVERY SINGLE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION on planet earth, complete with GPS location and contact lists (social network) 24 hours a day…

They are doing it in bulk, without focusing on any particular person oh, and all of this data is stored and catalogued… the data is set aside for later use if they find a reason to look…

If you pop up on their radar at a later date, they can easily pull up everything you have ever done on the Internet or phone or fax machine or anything that's electronic.

There is no encryption that they have not effectively broken…

But they are not watching you in particular… They are just sweeping everything you do into a funnel along with every other person on Earth…

IRONCLAD: the terminology the NSA uses for people who ARE being actively monitored in real-time

WHY THEY DO IT:

If you ever pop up on the radar for any reason, or if you are ever under investigation by a law enforcement agency, they simply pull your folder had to go through all of your past activities, and they'll find something you have done wrong… They will find something illegal you have done in the past…

This illegal data is distributed to law enforcement agencies to be used against you.

PARALLEL CONSTRUCTION:
Parallel construction is the process they use to hide the fact that the data was received from the NSA, and make it appear as if the information was collected by a local law enforcement agency.

Attached: pict0.jpg (1024x768, 87.12K)

BINGO!

Aren't the glows already working on a pre-crime thing, too, like in Minority Report?

Aka the thought police and yeah.

Hartford system.

forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2018/08/14/the-future-of-policing-using-pre-crime-technology/#45d6711a64a1

Also: what about having a dynamic default IP (typically when modems are intermittent / go on and off)? So if the VPN service is told to track a user by their IP, what if they don't have a static IP (static remains the same), what if they have a dynamic IP that changes every once in a while by default? Could that ALSO lead to difficulties for tracking?

I guess the privacy conscious should be thinking in terms of what software exists and writing their own warez to counter or bypass it rather than implementing other peoples' myriad typics and tricks which are, by that time, likely obsolete.

tips

You know, my brain has not worked at all since I got done with the horrendous treatment at the cancer center.

They're probably researching it and think tanking it… But William Binney explains it perfectly

The real problem is they are funneling in so much data at any given millisecond oh, that there's no way to actually stop and look at all of it

Unless you have put yourself in their crosshairs oh, you really don't have to worry about being IRONCLAD… they simply don't have the resources to sit and search through everybody's data with a fine-tooth comb, because 1 millisecond later they have 250 million more funnels coming through…

William Binney complaints that he designed the system for a different purpose, the purpose you are talking about, where they can actually pick out algorithms that that indicate a building pattern of behavior…

William Binney also complains that they started using it to monitor everybody on Earth instead of selective algorithmic targets, and because of that decision oh, they are very good at finding things you've done in the past, but they are terrible at predicting that something is about to happen…

And that's why he quit the NSA back in 2001

Edward Snowden was nothing more than an analyst… of course he was analyzing metadata much more recently than William Binney, because William Binney quit back in 2001…

But again, Snowden was simply an ANALYST…

Binney created the fucking algorithms

This takes an awful amount of Time and Skill but didn't Terry do that?

my speech to text always inserts
the word oh before every comma

now you know

Speech to text sounds like some glow in the dark software to me.

This has a little bit of the mystique that bitcoin does. Oh, bitcoin is going to help free us from the tax farm. Except the algorithm is written by someone with ties to intelligence, or intelligence gave us a fake persona to convince us it wasn't government-created cashlessness.

What if Binney is, like so many others, a limited hangout to make you either think they have greater or less capability than they actually do?

Terry not only did it, but he had this wisdom not to network it quite yet. :)

imagine the Lincoln Tunnel, which connects New York City and New Jersey.

EVERY vehicle that drives through the tunnel DRIVES THROUGH THE TUNNEL

theres no way you can bypass this fact

I tend to get too meta about some things, but I think other people oversimplify as much as I overly problematize.

possibly……

but i seriously SERIOUSLY doubt it

The irony is I'm the one calling to embrace ignorance. Turn it off, wastebin it. Don't eat the apple. Knowledge isn't so nice to have.

same here

but then again……. sometimes i am
guilty of the exact opposite

I want to interrupt just for a second here if I may - to all those here, including any spooks that lurk here - I love you all, and want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I will be gone for a few days so I might as well say it now.

Nietzsche considered consciousness an affliction, and I would have to agree. Men of action have it much better even if they end up in a can of potted meat.

Sometimes thats actually true. Too much info can overload your brain and turn you a bit insane. Sometimes I feel good to just tune out for a while, and will during this Christmas season to visit with my family.

Doesn't work for me because I'll start puzzling over problems, turning things inside and out. I can't get away.

HERE'S THE FUNNIEST PART:

I ACTUALLY THINK ITS A GOOD THING

i really do…. unfortunately, we live in some really weird times, with some really fucked up mental cases out there…

And I couldn't care less if they are funneling all of my speech to text samples, emails, internet searches, phone calls and text messages…

I assumed that all of those things have been monitored ever since I first heard about the ECHELON program back in the 80s…

Im not one of those "i dont have anything to hide' people… for me, its much more like " I feel sorry for anybody who would have to sit and rummage through the Millions of mentions of Elvis Presley end rave music"

" I pity the fool who has to dig through piles of me calling people 'faggots', calling Jim a fat hermaphrodite, telling people that video games suck, etc etc etc "

But I think the NSA monitoring programs area GOOD thing. For example, if they suspected someone for murder, they could solve the crime very easily by going back through the suspect's activity history…

(In fact, you'd be surprised exactly how many times they have solved crimes with this method)

but the most important thing to remember is:
It doesn't matter whether we like it or not because there's no way to stop it, they've been doing it on one level or another for decades now, and it's only going to get more and more advanced==

You would be better off spending your time wishing that we never invented airplanes.

Thats a sign of online addiction. Meaning, just like heavy drinking, you need to cut down and that will likely be hard and take some self-discipline. One remedy they recommend in China is bootcamp for a few weeks to kick the addiction.

you already know im an atheist

But merry Christmas anyway

Few weeks ?…..

Ive done time in prison….
the addiction never goes away

I'm not addicted to the internet, I'm addicted to abstraction. I don't like to go out and jiggle the handle of some cute toilet, or ride a motorcycle 150mph, or garden, or travel or anything like that. I'm into books, ideas. I fret over how futile it all is, what a sewer this one life truly is. I don't even collect files anymore.

It will if someone takes it away from you and you cannot go online for a while. One time I got so addicted to reading news and "happenings" I decided to turn my computer off and chucked it away in my garage to get away from it for a while. It worked. It was boring as hell, but it did the trick.

I mostly do it because my live-in is addicted and I'd rather not have to talk to her.

Try to learn a DIY hobby, maybe invest in some tools and build a work bench for yourself.

ECHELON, originally a secret government code name, is a surveillance program (signals intelligence/SIGINT collection and analysis network) operated by the US with the aid of four other signatory nations to the UKUSA Security Agreement: Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, also known as the Five Eyes.

Attached: Menwith-hill-radome.jpg (250x347, 21.52K)

The ECHELON program was created in the late 1960s to monitor the military and diplomatic communications of the Soviet Union and its Eastern Bloc allies during the Cold War, and it was formally established in 1971.

Attached: 250px-Menwith-hill-radomes.jpg (250x188, 11.11K)

By the end of the 20th century, the system referred to as "ECHELON" had evolved beyond its military and diplomatic origins to also become "…a global system for the interception of private and commercial communications" (mass surveillance and industrial espionage)

Attached: 250px-Security_Hill_at_Misawa_Air_Base_with_AN-FLR-9_(1990s).png (250x193, 88.19K)

I'm getting off now. Got to get ready for my visit. Merry Christmas everyone. See you guys next week.

I first heard about ECHELON back around 1981

ever since then, ive assumed that every call i made was being monitored

and it was… Echelon refers to a series of upwardly rising steps… And every time youd say certain keywords, youd go up another level, until eventually you were being watched in realtime

be well, be safe, and be happy

I write and publish books and do all the maintenance on the three cars. I lift weights, go on walks. I jack off 8 times a day. I beat my spouse. I don't have the energy for much more.

Ironic, because i beat my car, publish my three wives, jack off with barbells and i still find time to shitpost incessantly…

I don't need redneck hobbies. I've spent plenty of time outside the cities. It's like people don't even know who I am.

Attached: MV5BMTI3NTc0MzM0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzMwMDg2._V1_.jpg (485x669, 67.95K)

Attached: women drivers.webm (1630x962, 619.57K)

Attached: Happiness-1998-film-images-c16ba9cf-5eb7-4238-be07-f3e9b37e4b9.jpg (780x439, 30.13K)

Attached: mp_export1545450144723.webm (1080x1188, 1.57M)

I always thought Paul Bernardo had the right idea. Too bad Karla was smarter than he was.

Smuggle some cigarettes for 1k/wk. Make love not war. Enjoy family gatherings, holidays. Be cool, well dressed, attractive. Alpha. No worries.

This site has ruined so much for me. Now everyone is a spook until proven otherwise. Everyone a book's been written about, everyone with fame and/or fortune. Anyone with something to say. I'm like Miles Mathis: dat nigga a spook!

Someone asks "Who is your favorite band?" I'm all, "I really like this band, but the front man is a mischling." :/

Attached: 1456926163685.png (500x438, 372.77K)

Attached: full.jpg (600x800, 59.31K)

vimeo.com/303957552?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=28749

neck yourself

Hahahaha!

Attached: 6534ecf4d381862bb84db755ea04a0ea7ff594d066f0faaa60c82920a35f0762-b.jpg (427x315, 12.22K)

best Zig Forums thread of all time

Attached: a4129bd5815e8157401785f7430fadf72b397e63a8a9d16d6a1184925b265304-b.jpg (346x406, 33.35K)

best /tweak/ thread in history

Attached: PicsArt_12-22-12.02.05.jpg (1080x1267, 136.48K)