Award winning CNN German journalist faked anti-conservative U.S news for yrs

The German news weekly Der Spiegel is to publish a 23-page special report on how one of its award-winning reporters faked stories for years and dealt a blow to media credibility.

Claas Relotius, 33, resigned after admitting making up stories and inventing protagonists in more than a dozen articles in the magazine’s print and online editions.

Since the scandal was revealed by the magazine on Wednesday, other mainstream German outlets including Die Welt and Die Zeit, which once used Relotius as a freelancer, have also begun poring through articles that he wrote for them.

In its editorial, the magazine said the scam, involving subjects including Syrian orphans and a Holocaust survivor, was the “worst thing that can happen to an editorial team”.

It also apologised for the mistake and promised to “do everything to boost our credibility again”.

Relotius had written for the magazine for seven years and won numerous awards for his investigative journalism, including
CNN’s journalist of the year prize in 2014.

The cheating came to light after a colleague who worked with him on a story along the US-Mexican border raised suspicions about some of the details in Relotius’s reporting.

The colleague eventually tracked down two alleged sources quoted extensively by Relotius in the article, which was published in November. Both said they had never met Relotius.

Der Spiegel said it was “lucky that one of our employees managed to uncover this case”.

It noted that politicians in the far-right party Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) had seized on the case as “evidence of the dysfunctionality of the quality media”.

The AfD, whose supporters often attack the mainstream media as the “lying press”, has been openly gloating over the scandal.

One of its MPs, Götz Frömming tweeted: “Ironically, the Spiegel – the self-claimed leading media outlet that likes to slag off Trump, AfD and Co., has been for years delivering the best FakeNews via Relotius.”

theguardian.com/world/2018/dec/21/der-spiegel-to-run-23-page-special-on-reporter-who-faked-stories-claas-relotius

archive.is/QjPMf

Attached: 2527.jpg (620x372, 29.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/MmD8m
bing.com/videos/search?q=leftist ideology&ru=/search?q=leftist+ideology&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IENTTR&conversationid=&pc=EUPP_&mmscn=vwrc&view=detail&mid=BFAD7CB33E4CEEBA59ABBFAD7CB33E4CEEBA59AB&rvsmid=2A93580B5AB120BC82EF2A93580B5AB120BC82EF&FORM=VDQVAP
m.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/the-relotius-scandal-reaches-fergus-falls-in-america-a-1244944.html
sbs.com.au/news/german-reporter-who-made-up-stories-could-face-criminal-charges
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He did a story about Fergus Falls mn: "In 7,300 words he really only got our town's population and average annual temperature correct, and a few other basic things, like the names of businesses and public figures, things that a child could figure out in a Google search. The rest is uninhibited fiction"
archive.is/MmD8m

Perhaps the oddest fiction in a list of many is Relotius’ depiction of Bremseth as someone who “would like to marry soon…but he has not yet been in a serious relationship with a woman. He has also never been to the ocean.”

We can attest that Bremseth has indeed been to the ocean, by his account, “many times” and is currently happily involved in a multi-year, cohabitational relationship with a woman named Amber. In fact, here’s a picture of the two of them in front of, all things, an ocean.

what the fuck lol

how do you expect to just get away with blatant bullshit? guy was doing it for so long, guess he never thought anyone would actually look up his sources?

"Theo Rottmayer is the mayor, or 'burgermeister,' of the small Bavarian town of Oberpframmern. A commanding figure with an enormous walrus mustache and a trilby-style hat with a shaving brush attached to it, he downs his third two-quart stein of beer meditatively, spilling a substantial portion on the lederhosen he wears daily. Resting against a bale of sauerkraut—Oberpframmern's chief export—he idly strokes the tuba he carries with him everywhere in case an oom-pah party breaks out and observes, 'Man, I sure do hate Jews!' He then sighs, eats 15 sausages and invades Polan

Neil Becker is 57 years old, married, a man with a deep voice and a face in which seldom find any questions. He is not a farmer, he works next door in the coal-fired power plant, his hands are always black.

Apparently this fictional fellow shovels coal by hand.

There is also a cinema outside of town, where fast food stores are lit up. In this cinema, a flat, rectangular building, there are two films on a Friday evening. The one, “La La Land”, running in empty rows, is a musical, a romance about artists in Los Angeles. The other, “American Sniper”, a war film by Clint Eastwood, is sold out. The film is actually already two years old, almost 40 million Americans have seen it, but it still runs in Fergus Falls.

He got away with this shit for years. The fact he did probably led him to figure that if they didn’t find out after like a year then he was pretty much in the clear. I’d like to imagine it was like the Zig Forums mod college student making a bunch of shit up for a report due the next day and then getting an A+ for it. Then doing that for years and it always working.

No one looks at primary sources anymore, its all a game of telephone and everyone at all ends are generally content with it until it stabs them in the face.

In germany, you get thrown in jail for telling the truth. So this is what ends up happening. Fuckin kikes

In a free market if you had a heart attack a black doctor who is the only one around could see that you said nigger and go nah fuck this then you die

You: but,,,, the rules are for thee not for me!!

Oh ok good one faggot

Celebrity Attorney : now here's what we are gonna do , we are gonna do all your banking offshore. That way you dont pay taxes.

Celebrity : great! So I'll keep all the money I get from my Save The Children The Gays The Blacks The Jews and The Women Foundation!

Celebrity Attorney : ok so I messed up that banking we did a few years ago. You owe ten million dollars in back taxes

Celebrity: wtf I love Hitler now

The gist of this is that his guy made every thing up and tried to make Trump's supporters look like deplorables

And CNN gave him a foreign journalist reward for this

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97.29K)

CNN here

Your hired

I hope that traitor gets sued for every euro cent he has.

Fucking wew, shit I almost wonder if he's /ourguy/ faking shit and then exposing it so people realize Assad and Hitler dindu nuffin

Attached: tf.gif (220x220, 407.27K)

CNN is in america.

They fell for this shit?

Talk about a bias and blinders

Attached: 14c8d4bd43021e663ac8afadf017cf5d.jpg (600x429, 49.82K)

Can’t tell whether lies or actual bullshit.

Attached: 6B51D9ED-A831-4E73-B282-CC8E240C0769.png (285x410, 71.6K)

So… Is he a kike? I will be shocked if we don't find out that he is at least 50% kike or married to a kike.

kek at fake news being such blatant lies that not even the news organizations questioned him. How many other "reporters" have done the same, I wonder.

Don't fall for this nonsense…the kikes just want to disarm the term "luegenpresse", and by sacrificing some upstart who's gonna get hired overseas in due time, they can print the news agency as a defender of truth. The jews want the Germans dead and they will lie through their fucking teeth to keep them docile.

Attached: 1274701665927.jpg (1440x810, 119.73K)

Attached: bad3288011944eaa140a15548b2ca62040866e01db440a02fa5fe9038921a068.jpg (252x255, 21.17K)

in case you didn't notice we are living in an age where lefties feel incredibly encouraged to get away with lying and causing problems.

Leftist ideology explained.

>bing.com/videos/search?q=leftist ideology&ru=/search?q=leftist+ideology&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IENTTR&conversationid=&pc=EUPP_&mmscn=vwrc&view=detail&mid=BFAD7CB33E4CEEBA59ABBFAD7CB33E4CEEBA59AB&rvsmid=2A93580B5AB120BC82EF2A93580B5AB120BC82EF&FORM=VDQVAP

fuck clicking on that link nigger

Leftists ideology.

Attached: thBAO1RZ41.jpg (226x169, 6.22K)

Attached: 237b5c91bd5522d9fd0e60e31a1ebf49c5ab594072820bdac2360d62065e0f93.png (255x203, 8.83K)

Attached: DvEqDrFUUAMrVbE.jpg (223x255, 9.46K)

Attached: 69bf217bc729cada796fa52ab090d5b7124c676f86993d79ffc9ad9836392347.png (632x390, 411.72K)

Meh.

CORRUPTION!!!

They did fact checking.

Bullshit.

From their own words:

As a first step, DER SPIEGEL had its fact-checking department take a look at parts of Relotius' story again and concluded that the verification process was in fact not adhered to.

Here are a few examples of details that jumped out:

Fergus Falls is not 2,200 kilometers away from New York, but 1,888.

It's highly unlikely that a person quoted in the article said that he would shoot wolves while hunting, because wolves are a protected species in Minnesota.

The alleged presence of a stuffed wild boar in the town hall is not impossible, but unlikely, because there are no wild boars in Minnesota.

The cited results of the 2012 presidential elections are false, as is the statement that the town voted for a Democratic candidate for the last 40 years. In 2012, a majority of the townspeople voted for Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

DER SPIEGEL did not check the facts as carefully as dictated by its statutes. Editors and fact-checkers were too reliant on the supposed trustworthiness of the reporter. The magazine's internal fact-checking guidelines, according to which descriptions of places and landscapes only require limited verification, were applied too loosely.

m.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/the-relotius-scandal-reaches-fergus-falls-in-america-a-1244944.html

To be fair, he was just following what every other reporter/journalist does when it comes to small towns in America. Make shit up and make them look like bass ackwards morons.

Fox twists the facts, not fabricate them

Attached: 7995610ee131d48b6d4b87dd415e4fb200edc1fa4ee9fd9a2ee40e0b596e612a.jpg (255x209, 10.76K)

DON LEMON ON SUICIDE WATCH

thank you for this hammer to beat people over the heads with. Funny that the guardian is breaking this story after the way they deleted factual links in the comments during gamergate. I was there man, I saw them pruning just the post that deflated their narrative.

Attached: PicsArt_12-23-10.33.44.jpg (1024x576, 119.52K)

Influential German news weekly Der Spiegel said Sunday it would file a criminal complaint against a disgraced reporter after it emerged he may have embezzled donations intended for Syrian street children.

Claas Relotius, 33, resigned this month after admitting to making up stories and inventing protagonists in more than a dozen articles in the magazine's print and online editions.

The magazine said it now believes Relotius may have simply made up one of the main protagonists, whom the article described as young siblings.
Spiegel said it now had information that Relotius allegedly launched a campaign for readers to give money to help subjects of an article he wrote but that the bank details he gave directed the funds to his own account.

sbs.com.au/news/german-reporter-who-made-up-stories-could-face-criminal-charges

Every time someone tries posting a link to settle a discussion I just stop responding. Every news source is at the very least biased and there is a link to something to support every angle of every argument that could ever be had.

Attached: 0b1c875e4f1fd17f7ed0a96b3c372dbd78be05f17eab7f61a4c14218618db665.jpg (666x728, 118.96K)