How do I remember what I learned in the Bible...

How do I remember what I learned in the Bible? I just got through Genesis and even though I have most of it remembered right now, I will most likely forget about it as I read on into the countless other pages.

I've been writing down notes, but it will take me forever to write all that I want to remember down from beginning to end of the Bible. I'm not looking to remember each verse specifically, but keep knowledge of all the important events in my head.

Attached: 1418035874274.png (396x395, 122.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 12-13&version=NIV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not sure what to say but some bibles are boringly structured like a dictionary without any paragraph division so reading it in sections like is displayed on Bible Hub could be more ideal.

The Bible is incredibly self-referential. Pretty much everything you’ll need to remember will be reiterated and expanded on at some point

You read it more than once. If this is your first time don't worry about remembering everything just focus on completing it.

Find a Bible with a good layout and "sections," e.g. how there's spacing and bolded titles here biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 12-13&version=NIV . A random Bible I just grabbed actually has several more sections just in Gen 12-13! It may help you create and retain a mental timeline of the "beats" which could jog your memory into filling in the details.

This, You need to read the bible for the rest of your life, it's not a one time thing. After finishing the bible I now read it on Sunday and on Wednesday and shall do so for the rest of my life, this is very important as I'm still discovering new things that I missed on the first read through.

Basically like learning any other thing: lots of practice and repetition.

I make very small dots or little notes around important verses, especially when there is a lesson for my personal behaviour. This way I can easily read again a certain book and see immediately important things.
God blessed me with a good memory so I easily remember the books about a particular point and can easily find it in my phone when I need it. This is however more difficult with the Old Testament for some reason.

(Mt, 10, 19-20)
Other than this do not worry. Our reason, our memory, our natural learning capabilities are limited and imperfect. If something is really important, you will remember it. Other things will resurface when they are needed, the Holy Spirit guides and give what is needed.

you have to read commentary as well. and well as saints have said, there is no limit to what can be found in scripture. also don't read protestant commentary it's totally awful for the most part. read the early church fathers to start. unless you're a baptist, then read gnostic commentary cause that will suit you better.

Bearing false witness is a sin

multiple readings
write in your personal copy/copies
try and get the gist of the stories, humans are basically built for stories
memorize the key things, try and remember their contexts

Don't forget to highlight!

Take nootropics like a b-complex and piractam

Attached: Uhhhh.png (500x500, 137.19K)

You're talking about the piracetam? It's safer than table salt.

It's easy, I imagine it as "Da Rules" Book from Fairly odd parents (some satanic cartoon) and Imagine that it reads "anything you like is wrong, and you will be tortured forever if you continue to like it"

Attached: Da_Rules.png (684x756, 294.96K)

Attached: Pathetic.png (853x411, 499.23K)

I am committing sin pretty hard right now watching the remaining youtube episodes of Maya the Bee, what is your God gonna do?

Attached: violet reaction.png (719x676, 603.6K)

Please tell us how the Bible oppressed you, user whatever you are.

top 10 words said right before disaster

abandon you to your vomit, and then on the day of your death, the day of the Lord will come. you should repent.

I say,
Bring it on!

Attached: lineup.png (1335x712, 829.2K)

This image is the incarnation of autism.

Except the third dude, that movie was pretty good actually :^)

I create images to go with it. Like if I want to keep a key point in mind I'll put it onto an image so I can remember it more easily. For example

Attached: gal 5 16.jpg (594x320 358.48 KB, 67.53K)