ABORTION DOWN 2/3 IN RUSSIA SINCE 2000

ABORTION DOWN 2/3 IN RUSSIA SINCE 2000

The number of abortions in Russia has dropped by nearly 2/3 since the beginning of the century, according to statistics presented by Deputy Prime Minister Tatiana Golikova, reports Interfax-Religion.

In 2000, there were 2,138,000 recorded abortions in Russia, and in 2017—779,999.

“That’s a very serious decline—63.5%,” Golikova noted.

Moreover, the number of Russians who condemn abortion has tripled in 20 years, from 12 to 35%. There is still a long way to go, however.

It was previously announced in January 2017 that the number of abortions had been halved in Russia in the span of four years, with a 13% drop in 2016—96,300 abortions. As Minister of Health Veronika Skvortsova, the number of abortions by desire, without medical conditions, dropped by 72,000 that year.

The fight against abortion is the Church’s most important social work, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill stated at the opening of the VII Church-wide Congress for Social Work in Moscow in October of last year.

His Holiness has twice addressed the State Duma, calling for them to find a solution to the “horrifyingly high

'Horrifyingly high' abortion rate must be cut, says head of Russian Orthodox Church
The idea of absolutely prioritising the value of free choice and of rejecting the priority of moral norms has become a slowly exploding bomb for Western civilisation, he said in a speech to lawmakers.

” number of abortions that continue to plague Russia.

The Church recently opened its 58th shelter for pregnant women and mothers, and it also operates 169 humanitarian aid centers throughout the country.
orthochristian.com/116806.html

Attached: 303542.p.jpg (700x394, 26.1K)

God bless Putin. Before he took the rudder there was effectively nothing left, no leadership, no will to fight left. What he's done for Russia is astounding. Not that he's without his flaws, but he's definitely been a force for good there.

inb4 Russian shill

Making ourselves look stupid doesn't help our cause.

He became acting president in 99, faggot.

I really do admire, The russians church's actions toward abortions. In the west there's still semi some people moving over to the pro life camp. But it's starting to take on this vague, Secular, Humanistic outlook on it. Which, is a joke To anyone who knows about worldviews. Materialist Ethics don't hold weight for any real given time. Wish we had a church like that over here in the West.

Attached: 17d6e148d9250172da4ad2d30c1c54fd6d9193a29ac7882f52995568e770046b.jpg (600x828, 146.56K)

Reminder not to fall for the 'le holy russia' meme spouted by online orthobros

Sweden is still more religious than Russia

Attached: DqcT1STWkAARLEs.jpg (1200x555, 79.72K)

Islam is a cancer, not really a religion.

Sweden is only 5% Muslim.

THAT MUCH?! Tell me, with the muslim birth rate and the importation of migrates into Sweden, how many muslims will there be by the year 2050?

100% agree

hahah you idiot, america is only 10% black, but look at it

I really doubt that, even if more people go to church it's the church of Sweden and it's not serious to most people. Protestant Europe is atheist

Correction; I misread, The Creative Commons for that graph is circa 2013. The actual Gallop poll that provided the data for that graph was based on info from 2006 to 2008. The data represented by that infographic is literally a decade old!

Glory to God!

Right on the money brother. People like Ben Shapiro who argue against abortion on purely secular terms are becoming the heads of the pro-life movement and will utimately damn it to fail. When you remove God from moral choices than you kill morality entirely.

The only thing this proves is how meaningless census data and polling is.

35% who condemn abortion is still abysmal. It's getting better God willing, but this is definitely nothing to celebrate over

If even a single life is saved, it is worth celebrating.

Just wanted to say this.
There's always this buttblasted faggot that loses his shit whenever anything nice gets posted about something EO.
This is a good thing for everyone involved, and denom shitflinging has no place in it.

"I don't know anything about Russian history" the post

You see only what you want to see. Only what your chosen media shows you.

This is a very good thing! I’m Catholic and I very glad to hear this; keep up the good work, Orthodoxes.

/doubt

winnie the pooh Putin great work.
I don't know why the western media shits on him (probably because he doesn't like to kill babies).
God bless him although he should BEGOME catholic

Attached: russia bear.jpg (431x538, 231.31K)

What most people in America call "Christianity" is an abomination. South America is a massive joke too.

based Georgia