8ch trolls beware:Cyberbullying is now a crime in Michigan punishable by jail time

We've got bad news for you, Zig Forums trolls: Cyberbullying is now a crime in Michigan.

On Thursday, Gov. Rick Snyder signed into law a bill sponsored by Rep. Pete Lucido, R-Shelby Township that formally defines cyberbullying as a misdemeanor crime punishable by 93 days in jail and a $500 fine. Public Act 457 of 2018 will take effect in March.

According to the law, a "pattern of repeated harassment" is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine. Meanwhile, cyberbullying that is found to cause a victim’s death is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

According to Lucido's bill, "cyberbullying" is defined by "posting a message or statement in a public media forum about any other person" if both "the message or statement is intended to place a person in fear of bodily harm or death and expresses an intent to commit violence against the person" and "the message or statement is posted with the intent to communicate a threat or with knowledge that it will be viewed as a threat."

A "pattern of harassing or intimidating behavior" means a series of two or more separate noncontinuous acts of harassing or intimidating behavior. And a "public media forum" refers to "the internet or any other medium designed or intended to be used to convey information to other individuals, regardless of whether a membership or password is required to view the information."

"Cyberbullying can cause just as much trauma as traditional bullying so it's important that it be considered a crime," Snyder said in a statement. "With this bill, we are sending a message that bullying of any kind is not tolerated in Michigan."

Snyder, who earned a reputation as "One Tough Nerd," has repeatedly called for civility in recent months. In 2016 had refused to endorse then-presidential candidate Donald Trump — no doubt due, in part, to Trump's inflammatory rhetoric on Twitter. Perhaps because of her husband's own cyberbullying tendencies, First Lady Melania Trump has spoken out in support of an anti-cyberbullying campaign — which has drawn plenty of ridicule from commentators.

metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2018/12/28/cyberbullying-is-now-a-crime-in-michigan-punishable-by-jail-time

Attached: trollandy.png (652x1011, 830.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/isnXt
web.archive.org/web/20180921124309/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/22.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So if I bully someone on 8ch/n/, I go to jail if they are from michigan? Or using a Michigan IP address?

I'm in Michigan.

Bully me. We'll test it out.

You are a virgin and play games

Help! Help! I'm being repressed and he lives in Macon county Georgia but used a Michigan IP!

bang bang fbi! Open up!

Attached: 5b44af0515d9e.jpg (1140x1520, 337.08K)

I live in Mosscow you fat burgers

Learn Proper OPSEC: >>>/prepare/22 | archive.fo/isnXt
web.archive.org/web/20180921124309/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/22.html

quit bullying me /killcen/

Cyberbullying is now a crime against oneself
if you hurt others. you do your self harm

bump to slide the asshole who made a thread about the same subject a day later

The mod needs to worry more about keeping the board clean than about johnny neptune,

Neptune has really got under this guy's thin skin

This will become a national law when Melania convinces her husband to pass it

He;s desperate for pussy

ZOG is getting more daring by the day.
The Western world is going the way of the Soviet Union, and we all know how it ended it.

Attached: 1542476300847.png (1011x790, 916.14K)

This law is useless unless they know who you are

Only stupid teens and a few stupid adults do themselves

Real face to face bullying happens in Russia

And assassination.

Putin don't care what you do on the internet as long as you support him and hate faggots

Don't confuse URSS with modern Russian, they are totally different.

Sometimes the massive aggression against Vlad makes me wonder what he is doing thats right. So much leftist hatred against the man does make me wonder why he's constantly their bogeyman. I could understand neo-cons hating communists… but communists hating communists? Thats new.

This is key misunderstanding.
Putin is not communist at all.
He even hid the Lenin's mausoleum and has plans to remove it in the future from the Red Square.
To bring back the monarchy backed by the Orthodox Church will be his legacy.

Attached: 18.png (3000x3778, 515.37K)

Ahhhhhh, so the commies are upset with Putin because he DEFECTED from communism? Makes sense!

Actually you have to see the issue not as left vs right, but as "his turf" vs "their turf".
The globalist project is meant to establish a world government after the WWIII, which they are trying hard to start it. Putin and China are rearming fast to be ready and have a good chance of victory.
This is NOT, as the alternative news tells you, globalist vs nationalists, but a globalist faction against another. The clash is about who will have a say after the dustup is settled.

Attached: 11.png).png (1020x1230, 126.35K)

And USA needs allies
Russia is not an ally

Attached: mlt.png (250x228, 80.99K)

wtf..

Attached: wut.png (785x897, 68.79K)

The left can't meme again.
Don't you realize a pony with Trump face doesn't match neither make sense?

Attached: _you are a faggot.png (500x374, 89.87K)

We've got bad news for you too: this is prior restraint and is unconstitutional. If you want to sue someone for libel or slander, pay for your own lawyer, stop getting the nanny state involved.

the joke is obviously orange horse bad

Have you fapped to mlp stuff?

She?
He?
it?
Shit?
Shit likes this I bet

Attached: ff948ab9bf12aefcf5a96c4300e4717b.jpg (1000x1195, 400.74K)

Leave the freak alone

Attached: 4bbef58edf6364bb801401796213af6bca5fb165.png (5700x6300, 1.01M)