I'm an Atheist, debate me

Sources Christians site for the supposed existence of Jesus Christ include:

However, your Christcuck apologetics are easily refuted.

The Testimonium Flavianum is probably a forged in the 4th century by Eusebius.

Origen probably also added his own interpolations. In fact, we know Origen misquoted Josephus numerous times. For example, Origen says Josephus writes that the death of James (brother of Jesus) is the reason why many Jews believed the Temple was destroyed, but we find no such passage in Josephus at all.

Fact is, there is not a single reference of Jesus in Josephus before the 3rd century. You'd think earlier Christians in the 2nd century would use Josephus to battle against their critics, but they simply do not. Any and all references we find were likely made up by later Christians.

Tacitus only writes of the deity "Christus". From what we find in him, it looks to be nothing but him writing about hearsay he heard from other people speaking about what very early Christians believed about this Christus deity. He's not drawing off of any genuine historical memory or document here.

All Pliny the Elder says is that Christians worshiped a deity called Christ. Like Tacitus he also seems to assert that the deity was just "Christ" or "Christus". He never mentions anything else about this character.

The Talmud does mention two different Y-eshu's: Y-eshu Ben Stada, and Y-eshu Ben Pandira. Thing is, both lived long before or long after the supposed Christian deity Jesus Christ lived. The Talmud indicated Ben Stada lived in the time of Alexander Janneus, approximately 100 years before Jesus of Nazareth is said by Christians to have lived; the Talmud then indicated that Ben Pandira lived during the time of Rabbi Akiva's death, approximately 100 years after Christians say Jesus of Nazareth lived.

Also, Y-eshu is a completely different name from Jesus. Assuming the Greek name "Iesous" is even a transliteration of Hebrew or Aramaic, then it would be rendered Y-eshua or Y-eshuah, not Y-eshu which is missing an ayin at the end in the Talmud.

His reference comes from 170 A.D., far too late for any reliable source. Plus he never even mentions Jesus by name, only say that Christians worshiped a deity they believed was from Palestine and crucified.

Sorry Christcuck, there is no evidence Jesus Christ of Nazareth existed. Your sky daddy isn't real. Your religion is fake. So, you gonna debate me, or crawl back to your sky daddy? Lol Ta-Ta Christcucks. lol

Attached: QRG5xa9.jpg (500x388, 57.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

historyforatheists.com/2017/09/jesus-mythicism-1-the-tacitus-reference-to-jesus/
independent.co.uk/life-style/athiests-religious-people-intelligence-smarter-study-imperial-college-london-a8183131.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: *tips*.png (479x455, 203.08K)

Yep, the pic in my OP depicts you perfectly. You can't even debate me because you know you'd lose and you know how shitty your argument is. You have no argument.

historyforatheists.com/2017/09/jesus-mythicism-1-the-tacitus-reference-to-jesus/

Stop listening to retards like Richard Carrier.

Don't feed him. It's what he wants, and it's much more satisfying to mock him instead

I'm not reading your shitty Christian biased article. winnie the pooh idiot! Just debate me! Give me actual points so I can winnie the pooh refute your Abrahamic ass.

You need to forgive your parents.

Ok user, here's some points for you: you're a faggot, you're a cuckold, you're a loser.

winnie the pooh you stupid idiot. I'm done talking to you stupid winnie the pooh intellectually inferior winnie the pooh plebians. Stupid winnie the poohs.

Highly unlikely. The TF contains descriptions of Jesus that early Christians would not have used, most notably "Jesus was a teacher of people who accept the truth with pleasure." Christians from that period rejected pleasure, especially someone in Eusebius's position.

I can't comment on this since I have yet to read most of Origen's writings.

That's because no one doubted that Jesus was a real person before then. The critics of the early Christians only doubted that He was the Son of God.

"Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus"
Sounds like he's referring to a person to me.

That's the way most historians operated back then, friend.

I haven't read Pliny, Lucian or the Talmud yet, but your objections to them are probably bullshit as well. And even if everything you said about these citations were true, it doesn't really form any real argument against Christianity.

Oops, I guess there was no point in replying since he already stormed off.

/Thread. There's little to nothing else to say about this "debate"

That makes no sense, nobody was contesting whether or not Jesus existed at the time. His existence was a forgone conclusion, early Christians argued using scripture+philosophy. There would be no reason to argue for Christ's existence at the time. You'd think early anti-Christians would argue that Jesus didn't even exist if that was true
Tacitus refers to the life of "Christus" factually, he never says "Christians claim this" or argues that it's only hearsay. Here's the full passage
He never says its all legend or myth, he just states it outright as if it were a fact. Currently, the majority of scholars are in agreement that it is accurate, so by going with them we see another authentic reference to Christ
Considered a minor proof, you're correct that all Pliny the Younger says is that Christians worship Christus, but he also never claims that Christus did not really walk the Earth
The Talmud contains numerous references to Jesus (or people named Jesus), and you are correct that certain ones do have datings after or before Christ. However, many have no dating and are similar to the Biblical story when viewed through a Jewish lens, such as
Also, Y-eshu is the Aramaic form of Jesus, and Aramaic was his native language
Lucian again, like the other Roman mentions, never disputes the story of Christians as fiction. It also is clearly based on earlier traditions he had heard, making him somewhat reliable as a written testament (even though his actual writings were later)
I also notice you never mentioned:
You also failed to mention that the Dead Sea Scrolls show similar language and spiritual beliefs as the Christian Bible, showing that the New Testament is likely not the work of a later period like the Gnostic gospels. You also dismiss the New Testament itself outright without giving any reason for it. The New Testament is a collection of numerous early sources from many different authors that treat Christ as a historical figure, despite him supposedly being made up. The New Testament even includes a short list of people to go to who had seen the risen Christ (1 Corinthians 15). It would require a conspiracy of hundreds of people working in conjunction with one another in the first century to pull this "scam" off.

Face it, there is no person who argued that Jesus was a mythical figure before the enlightenment. Wouldn't at least one of the Jews involved in the Talmud, or the Romans trying to suppress the religion, or the Greek pagans angry at Paul for not worshiping their God, at least at one point say "hey, this Jesus guy is all made up, he didn't even exist"?

F-CUK YOU YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE SHIT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FEWDUSWHRSJLGKWRJSOGI;43LWURG8O35WIRSLGHVEJRSIUODGKLVHSK

I
The fool says in his heart,
“There is no God.”
Their deeds are loathsome and corrupt;
not one does what is good.
The Lord looks down from heaven
upon the children of men,
To see if even one is wise,
if even one seeks God.
All have gone astray;
all alike are perverse.
Not one does what is good,
not even one.

II
Will these evildoers never learn?
They devour my people as they devour bread;
they do not call upon the Lord.
They have good reason, then, to fear;
God is with the company of the just.
They would crush the hopes of the poor,
but the poor have the Lord as their refuge.

III
Oh, that from Zion might come
the salvation of Israel!
Jacob would rejoice, and Israel be glad
when the Lord restores his people!

Psalm 14

AHHHHHHHHHHH I AM WISE BECAUSE ATHEISTS ARE SCIENTIFICALLY MORE INTELLIGENT YOU STUPID F-UCK! CHRISTIANS ARE SCIENTIFICALLY SHOWN TO BE IDIOTIC! winnie the pooh YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

independent.co.uk/life-style/athiests-religious-people-intelligence-smarter-study-imperial-college-london-a8183131.html

AHHHHH winnie the pooh YOU! YOU HAVE NO INTELLIGENCE! I DO I AM WISE winnie the pooh YOU RSGRESHGBE5RSHGV35W

YOUR F–UCKING BELIEFS ARE STUPID

Attached: christianity-the-belief-that-some-cosmic-jewish-zombie-can-make-23097069.png (500x519, 100.59K)

Ok, you kinda had me at first. And believe me, i do see many people on parts of the internet who still live as if they're still in 2008. But, now i have a very good sneaking suspicion, that now you're just bearing false Witness. Stop larping, and playing Atheist op. It's just very Dishonest. And if on the other side, you're the Atheist from 2008. What the hell are you still doing? You're acting just like an Evangelist……….

Attached: Nietzsche on people who still believe in Quote on Quote. .Truth..jpg (728x408 70.64 KB, 1.21M)

You got me, lol. Seriously playing the Devil's Advocate is fun though. Idk I saw an atheist literally arguing this on another board the other day. I wanted to see how well his arguments held up. I could refute them myself but I just need confirmation that others could too so my argument didn't sound retarded. Thanks.

Attached: 93e879ae819ec60af820951ec815f48c818395360d46b0cf5f.png (500x371, 52.87K)

Lol

Attached: 307eff7115b41ee4f38cbbbff6c34ea1.626x624x1.png (626x624, 7.83K)

wow
you fooled me

I, know what you mean user. I see many people to, still in a simple mindset unable to advance. But no really, unironically speaking. Going around bearing false witness is not of, Christian standard. This, is what sets us apart from the modern materialist. I think when, i was in High school, i may have Bore False witness as, a Jihadist Muslim. But, i did not know i was committing a grave act. But once, i did i stopped the action. And as for people who are still stuck in, 2008. They'll probably always be stuck in ,2008 and will most likely end up like a boomer complaining about * Oh you kids these days!*. Or in their moms basement. With Doritos Dust on their fingers….. Still, i do know what you mean, and now. In comparison to, even Rich Articulated Materialist like that of, Nietzsche, Hume. I just Cringe pic related.

Attached: acfbbb74cdb42e731bdbb72d3d63c9cf678ba6874ab36a79e03a86a68edda321.jpg (1080x793, 119.34K)

It was an exercise for Zig Forums, not bearing false witness.

I'm an atheist and I think you're a jackass. What is the endgame? Do you honestly believe you're going to change anyone's mind here? If you do, you're a fool, if you don't then this whole thing is a waste of your own time.

[–]

/Thread 2.0 There's little to nothing else to say about this "debate"

Why do Atheists see everything through the lens of pop culture?

Was it? Well, if the mods Green lighted it ok. I just know i don't play around as an, Atheist cause i know that not to be what i believe. I may have went down that route, but i didn't And in the process i found more better reasoning from people like Hume, Or Nietzsche. Which, if this were an exercise against the faith. I would've gone with them. Not Baby's First doubt from being raised in a lukewarm Christian family.

If you are an athiest and you are not working to impress a God, then aren't most athiests closet theists if they are working to impress someone who is surrogate for a god?
What is the motivation otherwise?

this

Attached: 23dad2939020e7d374205d620e89e0ff40bff4631c7ee89af90e95f60cd06b41.jpg (310x386, 35.5K)

To, be honest there's some truth to this Meme. If the protestant worldview is true. And it's Ancestral sin, not Original Sin. There's no guilt involved in the fall of man.

1/10 baitposting

No, literally.

I can tell from a glance that OP is a completely logical and in no way emotional debater

I can tell from these post that OP is in no way shape or form a shitposter and it will be very productive to debate him so we should keep doing that

Okay, I'm just going to drop the pretense and say that this is probably a Christanon LARPing as an athiest