Chinese ship carrys railgun that fires hypersonic projectiles yrs ahead of US intell prediction

A Chinese naval warship has been pictured out at sea carrying what appears to be an electromagnetic railgun.
Key points:

Railguns use enormous electric currents to shoot projectiles from tracks at great speed
China's first railgun was revealed in 2011, and has been since tested for more range
The US has been slow to develop the technology since initial research in 2005

A photo taken and posted by Weibo user (and prominent defence blogger) Haohan-Red Shark, purports to show the Type 072II Yuting-class tank landing ship Haiyangshan with a railgun mounted on its bow.

Compared to conventional artillery that uses gunpowder to fire projectiles — a practice that has been in wide use since the 1500s — a railgun uses a high-powered electric circuit to shoot a projectile along magnetic rails, firing at hypersonic speeds of Mach 5 or higher (five times the speed of sound).

While the US has been pursuing its railgun capability since 2005, China has seemingly taken the front foot, with anonymous sources confirming the existence of the weapon in 2011 to CNBC.

Railguns to usher in naval 'hemispheric battle space'

Dr Malcolm Davis, a senior analyst at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, told the ABC the technology would usher in a "hemispheric battle space".

"This would see belligerents able to strike at each other at distances ranging in the hundreds of kilometres", Dr Davis said.
abc.net.au/news/2019-01-02/chinese-warship-with-electromagnetic-railguns-spotted-at-sea/10680108

Attached: Capture.JPG (788x471, 39.73K)

CHINA HAS AN EM HYPERSONIC GUN.

k

Hypersonic is Mach 5 and above.

It's a separate speed regime due to the fact that above Mach 5, the friction heat is so great that the air begins to super heat and start chemically reacting with the outer shell of the flight vehicle (edit: and also the air reacts with itself)

So a titanium shell and the surrounding oxygen might start forming titanium oxide as the air molecules begin to bond with the hull material.

Reentry speeds can often be around Mach 30 or so

Why not get in your speed boat . go into Chinese waters and take a better shot?

US saw this and said china stole from US 😂😂😂 stupid US loser and US puppet Western countries.
The beginning of the end for the American empire.

Attached: god emperor XI.png (1024x675, 1.75M)

Paper mache gun, Wang Wei

Why is whinny the poos head pasted on to the geom here?
Is this a chinahese meme?

What do they call a Chinese ship?
A *junk*

That's not even the God-Emperor, you dumbass chink. Not that anyone would expect you to know that, seeing as how the only difference between a hive world and China is at least the Imperium tries to protect its citizens.

It's our god emperor you stupid american dog
and soon to be the world's

Attached: emperor xi.png (734x950, 1.88M)

U Ass Of A

Chinese pure dna and higher IQ will defeat your dirty 56% DNA

We let no niggers or aboriginal amerian contaminants into our gene pool

Taiwan is the real china

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 劉曉波动态网自由门

Your "Emperor" is such a sensitive little bitch that Winnie the Pooh sends him into a pants-shitting seizure, cries about how similar he is to a cartoon bear, then bans it because it hurts his pathetic bugman feelings. Also, not american. The whole world thinks you are a joke, dog-eating subhuman.

Yet you have Wee-Gir mudslimes in your "pure country"

ah thanks, I was looking for this.

lol. Just remember; china only has this tech because Israel sold it to them for a bargain! Thanks Israel!

Beat me to it.

Chinese are more nigger than Africans.

Railguns, you say?

Attached: ahegao_railgun.jpg (1152x922, 211.93K)

Attached: Shirai_Kuroko_smug.jpg (1000x1300, 259.44K)

Attached: smug_kuroko.jpg (601x583, 125.15K)

U Ass Of American President and Putin Puppet cry like little girl

"fake news"

Say bad stuff

fake

boooo hooooo

Attached: Donald-Trump-crying.jpg (1600x900, 268.29K)

I like little girls even if have boy's body
You wanna be my dawter?

so sorry for bad englis
Chinese ship carries

but soon you all need to speak Mandarin(cantonese is for dogs)

The US has had a working rail gun for the better part of the millennium.
They don't use it because it's not safe.
They don't use it because it creates so much force it screws with the body of the ships.

Kek, this is excellent bait.
If you are actually an unironic chink you just negatively impressed me.

Just got back to civilisation after working in China for a year or so. It's the biggest shithole on the planet (and I've worked in Africa and India); the Chinks are self obsessed, vain, insects and the country is a heap of shit. The Opium Wars were the best thing that happened to you, and the world should start the third Opium War as soon as possible to remove this stain from the globe, permanently.

Attached: Opium Wars are best wars.jpg (960x960, 115.56K)

How do they use that loading gantry as a railgun tho

It's just like the other big news from Worse Japan this week.

I thought Israel bought it and resold it to China for the money?

never met a more arrogant people than the chinks. They literally think they're the chosen people and we're animals

The end of the anglos draws near

Attached: dsafhadj.jpg (349x349, 23.95K)

Info?

US People so fat ride in electric chairs
Big city…blacks with big blades…scary

1/2 white? girl? ask me want suck, i so horney

blecch

i go small town meth clinics here there

bleech
U ass of A so stupid education
civilisation?
civilization

You can not even spell it stupid american

Attached: index.jpg (304x166, 7.83K)

would he be a tau battle suit?

"hemispheric battle space".
man that is so different than bvr missiles. if only the us had a missile that could be guided by satellite.

Attached: but I cant swim why would i want to go into that kanal.jpg (550x380, 44.1K)

either weak bait or actual retard

based china century incoming
i for one welcome our han-jew overlords

Also

Pick 1

Is that Winnie the Pooh? He's so cute! Can't wait to wipe China off the map.

Winnie the fuckin' enslave YOO

i'm assuming the advantage of this is that the bullets fly so fast they can't be stopped ?

coz otherwise it sounds like rockets would be better sonce they don't necessarily need 'line-of-sight'

Why are you talking about America, I did mention that I got back to civilisation, didn't I? : ^ )

Bullets get their energy from mass and speed. Railguns can accelerate the bullet to speeds that conventional guns can't hope to match (the BAE prototype gets the projectile moving at about mach 7/2.4km a second). The video shows you what happens when you fire one of these things. Another advantage they have is that the ammo is basically just chunks of shaped metal, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than an anti-ship missile (the US Navy Harpoon missiles cost $1.2 million each), and it reduces the number of things that can catch fire/explode on board the ship - which is a nice bonus.

nofap day 360

What about lemonese or oranginian?

coolest video here

kill

Attached: Heath-Ledger-as-The-Joker-920x584.png (920x584, 784.88K)