Asia Bibi: anti-blasphemy protests spread across Pakistan

Thousands of Islamist protesters have brought Pakistan to a standstill, burning rickshaws, cars and lorries to protest against the acquittal of a Christian woman who spent eight years on death row on false charges of blasphemy.

theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/01/asia-bibi-anti-blasphemy-protests-spread-across-pakistan

Traffic jams held up ambulances and forced mothers to feed their babies by the side of the road, while authorities shut schools across most of the country.

Footage from the protests shows anti-blasphemy campaigners clubbing and throwing shoes at posters of Pakistan’s chief justice and the new prime minister, Imran Khan, who on Wednesday night threatened a fierce government response if protesters did not disperse.

“We are ready to sacrifice our lives for this noble cause,” one told the Guardian, “and have rejected whatever rubbish the prime minister said in his speech”.

The landmark release of Asia Bibi, a 47-year-old farm labourer, has pitched the state into the latest of several battles with supporters of Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP), a rabid, fast-growing political party that exists solely to punish blasphemers. Asia was charged with insulting the prophet Muhammad after she drank from a cup of water before passing it to Muslim fruit-pickers.

Police have so far shied away from arresting protesters and the powerful armed forces, which often appear to align with Islamists, have yet to issue a statement, despite TLP leaders daring to call for mutiny in its ranks.

On Thursday, rightwing religious organisations, including Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JUD), a charity founded by UN-designated terrorist Hafiz Saeed, and the Jamaat-Ulema-e-Islam, announced that they would join the TLP protest on Friday, in what could become an unmanageable conflagration.

The new government of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) appeared to backtrack on Thursday evening, sending a five-member negotiating team to meet Khadim Hussain Rizvi, the leader of the TLP. Government officials released contradictory statements on whether they had placed Asia on the exit control list, which would prevent her fleeing the country.

In public speeches, Rizvi has said his only demand is that the mother-of-five be put to death, the punishment for blasphemy under Pakistan’s penal code. “Our sit-in will go on until the government accepts our demand,” he told the Guardian in a phone interview, denying reports that the sit-in would soon be over.

Imran Khan is scheduled to return on 5 November from a diplomatic visit to China, Pakistan’s oldest ally. Liberals hope that the prime minister, who echoed the TLP’s rhetoric on the campaign trail and has already backed down before the group, will stick to his newfound principles under the most severe test of a turbulent first 10 weeks in power.

“It’s up in the air,” said analyst Fasi Zaka. “You still get the feeling they are figuring out what to do.”

Attached: 2302.jpg (620x372, 27.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sistani.org/english/book/48/2132/
islamqa.info/en/answers/67626/the-difference-between-the-mushrikeen-and-the-kuffaar-and-to-which-category-do-the-jews-and-christians-belong
huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/britain-not-prepared-to-offer-asylum-to-persecuted-pakistani-christian_uk_5be3342be4b0dbe871a61b95
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is what happens when you don't separate church and state.

Civil war when?

Well, separate Islam and state. This didn't happen in Europe or the Americas when Christianity was the only game in town.

I thought Muslims honored Jesus as a prophet?

They do, but (to them) it's blasphemy to say he died on the cross.

Except, you know, that whole Inquisition thing where people were tortured and executed for not being Christian.

This was a protestant meme. Inquisition was actually quite lenient and modern jurisprudence is largely based on experience of inquisition
And this coming for an Orthodox.
Asides this, this post shows that user is ignorant of teachings of both Christianity and Islam and their values, including the fact that modern concept of human rights and human dignity comes from the fact that humans are made in the image of God, a Christian doctrine. In other words disregarding Christianity means that you practically disregard roots out of which concepts of human rights and human dignity arose.

They respect Islamic version of Jesus that has absolutely nothing in coon with Christian Jesus asides, ironically since it shows His divinity, virgin birth.

*In common

Even if it was, it implies that some people were still tortured and executed for not being christian.
I'm honestly glad that christians might get BTFO for once, for too long were they complacent about the superiority of their faith.

Also a chance for a bunch of mudslimes to self-destruct.

Except that it doesn't imply anything. Furthermore, asides the fact that you
autistically clinge on memes invented by protestants to undermine Catholic Spain, youe delibately ignore the timeframe during which inquisition, that wasn't even purely ecclesiastical organization btw, not was it an unified body and varied by country.
Set your fedora aside and actually read stuff if you don't want to get laughed out of law school.

Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention that you are absolutely ignorant about the procedures and actual rights and obligations of the inquisition.

Sorry, I have no idea about anything you just said and I'll forget about it in 5 minutes, because I don't care. All I know is that there existed elaborate torture tools and that religious zealots were among those who used them.

except that you dont know anything, as it is obvious from your Posts.

Uh-oh, we got a reddit mob here, time to escape to another thread.

The inquisition only affected christians or self proclaimed christians, you mongoloid

Exactly, that's why it was evil, it was an instrument of popish tyranny for the persecution of actual Christians, and there is no such thing as "lenient" in persecution of faith

Why did you guys have to degenerate this thread into a Catho vs Prot thing? Guys, a Christian woman just escaped death with the grace of God!

Just a reminder to ignore the troll.

The inquisition didn't care about heretics outside our ranks, they cared about them inside the Church.
But hey you're right 17th-century old Dutch anti-Spanish propaganda memes are much better proof than actual facts.

Stop responding to him. He isnt even aware of the fact, that inquisition didnt have any legal rights to punish the convicted person, not to mention the torture meme.

I mean to punish corporeally. It had right to "punish" him with spiritual stuff, like going on a pilgrimage.

Separation of church and state, user. Not values and state. Christianity is not the church, and the church is not Christianity, whether you're Apostolic or not.

'
Cringe……

Attached: 522acb8d82157a0ce348f78472d1f874974078c58bf901b413a3e331061604d8.jpg (308x450, 27.87K)

Hey you mr reformer, you're preaching the true gospel of Jesus Christ and you were baptized with popish baptism, that means you're a heretic inside the Church and we're gonna murder you for it

The state punished people convicted of heresy by the inquisition. It doesn't matter that they weren't the ones to do it, they were responsible

The absolute state of /catholic/. Good riddance that you're irrelevant now.

That's pretty messed up. So brave of her.

they don't honor him as anything. jesus shows up like four times in the Quran and it's only to say that he isn't God and told no one to worship him and to say Mohammed is the guy you should follow.

If Jesus is so respected, why is almost no muslims named "isa", literally everyone is named mohammed and they love ibrahim and yusuf and dawood etc etc, but they never name anyone after Jesus, especially if he was such a great prophet. Jesus has zero teachings in the Quran, he's an NPC to them. He's also one of the most useless prophets according to them, because within less than 10 years or so all of teachings were "corrupted" according to them, one of the least effective prophets. In fact a sect, the Ahmaddiyas, (which muslims want to claim are not muslims), their founder actually makes this claim.

Also you'll find loads of Muslims online on youtube and such insulting "Jesus" all the time, and then they will try and sort of claim I don't care about your idiot "Jesus" only Isa. They have zero information about "Isa" though, he has no teachings, no sayings, no nothing.

And i've heard live on air with Christian Prince muslims just straight up insulting Jesus and Mary. They really don't give a shit about him, he means nothing to them. He's just an NPC to them to say that Mohammed is right, that's it.

But they wouldn't be heretics if they had preached the true gospel user.

Less people died from the Spanish Inquisition (~2% of all charged), than people from the United States death penalty in the last 50 years.
Just a protestant (incl. atheist) non-argument

Cringe.

I honestly strongly doubt there's anything from the Islamic scripture to support it

That's surprising if true especially since it's coming from a Muslim. I think the supreme court should try to mess with the Muslim women who said these things for insulting Jesus because it's arguably blasphemy according to Islam and it would give her a taste of her own medicine,

Christians, Jews are najis (literally filthy) same as dogs, pigs, etc.

sistani.org/english/book/48/2132/

107. An infidel i.e. a person who does not believe in Allah and His Oneness, is najis. Similarly, Ghulat who believe in any of the holy twelve Imams as God, or that they are incarnations of God, and Khawarij and Nawasib who express enmity towards th e holy Imams, are also najis. And similar is the case of those who deny Prophethood, or any of the necessary laws of Islam, like, namaz and fasting, which are believed by the Muslims as a part of Islam, and which they also know as such. As regards the people of the Book (i.e. the Jews and the Christians) who do not accept the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah (Peace be upon him and his progeny), they are commonly considered najis, but it is not improbable that they are Pak. Ho wever, it is better to avoid them.

108. The entire body of a Kafir, including his hair and nails, and all liquid substances of his body, are najis.

109. If the parents, paternal grandmother and paternal grandfather of a minor child are all kafir, that child is najis, except when he is intelligent enough, and professes Islam. When, even one person from his parents or grandparents is a Muslim, the child is Pak (The details will be explained in rule 217).

from sunni site:

It is most likely that the people of the Book are included among the mushrikeen, men and women alike, when this word is used in general terms. because the kuffaar are undoubtedly mushrikeen. Hence they are forbidden to enter al-Masjid al-Haraam, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe (in Allaah’s Oneness and in His Messenger Muhammad)! Verily, the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah, and in the Message of Muhammad) are Najasun (impure). So let them not come near Al‑Masjid Al-Haraam (at Makkah) after this year”

[al-Tawbah 9:28]
islamqa.info/en/answers/67626/the-difference-between-the-mushrikeen-and-the-kuffaar-and-to-which-category-do-the-jews-and-christians-belong

Straight from the Quran. It's also why we najis people cannot enter mecca.

HAHAHA, goes to show how little you know about the BS and hypocrisy of Muslims and Islam. Jesus is depicted as a person and insulted all the time, so is God, in cartoons everywhere around the world. Do they react at all? Supposedly this is a beloved prophet and there should be no depictions of any prophet, but you don't hear anything about them. But if Mohammed is portrayed? Worldwide protests, people get killed, etc. You can insult God all you want too (supposedly they believe in the same God as Christians according to them) but if someone insults God (according to their fantasy Allah), they have no issue, you hear nothing, but if it's Mohammed they go nutttts.

Islam is a cult of worshipping a mentally ill man named Mohammed, that's it. This guy went around and just claimed oh all these other great people in the past, they told I was coming, they said to follow me. They worship Mohammed, his pagan deity Allah is just his delivery boy to serve Mohammed's needs. And deep down Muslims know this too, because that's how they act. They worship Mohammed.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't post like this here. More likely you have some mental issue or a chip on your shoulder. Even more likely the second option based on >>722660; you just want to see people harmed that disagree with your worldview.

Christian violence is generally extremely limited, especially when clerical officials are involved with a serious situation directly. The inquisition arguably saved lives, with top down authority from outside the area limiting the amount of damage that a moral panic locally would have caused.

Islam, on the other hand, is always demonstrably worse when authorities are allowed to project power directly on a population. It does not help that it's followers are also easily led while also being raging hypocrites when they can get away with it.

I understand that when people often draw Jesus and God they do it with the intent to offend Muslims the same way people draw Muhammad.

I thought in Islam pictures of prophets were haram regardless? I don't think they're okay with it. Why they don't sperg out against it? I don't know

Pakistan needs an enema. About ten quadrillion megalitres might be enough.

It's just ridiculously sad that all she did was mildly piss-off her neighbours and they can declare death for her. Islam, in Pakistan at least, seems to be the incarnation of injustice.

Be careful you will trigger ((Zig Forums)) again.

huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/britain-not-prepared-to-offer-asylum-to-persecuted-pakistani-christian_uk_5be3342be4b0dbe871a61b95

ebin

Attached: C7nyJgbVwAAS6eA.jpg (500x360, 30.37K)

because they don't give a toss about jesus. jesus means nothing to them, he's an NPC who shows up just to say oh yeah mohammed, suck on him all day long he's the best. islam is a cult worshipping mohammed, that's it.

They do, they would not say that.