Joining a church as a neet

how do catholic churches react if you try to join as a man in his mid twenties who doesn't have a job? will i get thrown out and made fun of like in those pastor anderson videos? should i invent a cover story so that it looks like i'm a normal human? please respond

Attached: XwrWv1Y.gif (400x388, 280.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1YMegCgHRLg
catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=222
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't become a cuck

no and no

No one will care. If you join a organised parish group then you might get in a position which people will ask those questions, but they wouldn't shun you.

Go to the priest, explain that you are a mess and need dire assistance in all aspects of your life.

In other words, grow up.

You will be 100% welcomed with open arms and glad tidings.
Absolutely not.
You can lie to yourself, you can lie to the priest, you can lie to the flock; but you can never lie to God. Just be yourself.

Is this true? If so where's the video of this?

I am in my mid twenties, I don't have a job and I went to mass today. Churches don't have bouncers.

I'm a 26 year old neet and not only did I attend mass without issue today but I'm involved in parish groups and the general community. Get it together and go, sperg.

youtube.com/watch?v=1YMegCgHRLg

I did this and priests were understanding and very helpful, he helped me meet someone for a Godfather and they were all very friendly and nice, I never acted like a normal human and was open about my background with my priest/Godfather

Just be honest, dont tell everyone of course but you aren't really forced into much social interaction anyway

but you'll have to attend mass a while before you need to worry about any of that, if you just go in you dont need to worry about anyhting. If you are worried email the priest and he should help you out and give you some guidance.

Being socially awkward is the only bad part. Like I can talk to people but the awkwardness really shows sometimes. Feelsbadman

What city?
If you're nearby, we can be socially inept church buddies. If nothing else, giving each other meaningful nods as we make every service we can bear to.

No. Seriously. I'll ID myself, and when you're ready to–say hi.

Attached: 1521413677252.jpg (199x254, 13.07K)

No retard. You just go and that's it. Nobody is gonna judge you if youre trying to approach the Lord.

Not OP but I approve of this niceposting. Gives me a comfy feeling inside

Attached: photo_kobayashi-akira.jpg (300x449, 18.13K)

Terrible advice. OP, you're going to be judged. That's just how mankind operates on earth. It's better to acknowledge the truth and prepare yourself for it when it inevitably comes along. All it takes is one snide remark to make you feel bad. Closing your eyes and hoping everyone will coddle you like a toddler is delusional. The world is a corrupt place. I can only assume why you're a NEET as a former NEET myself. With that in mind, you best start breaking out of your shell before the world comes down on you hard.

This.

i live in a very small town. appreciate the gesture though

Go to a Latin Mass or Eastern Rite, because people tend to be more spiritually serious and will be more helpful. Church is the best place to be for someone like you user, I'm coming from a similar place and I've been going to an Orthodox parish, so far I've been welcomed by the community despite my audism. Just be respectful to others, church is going to be full of people who've made mistakes so you should find some sympathy as long as you're making an effort to change.

I doubt that'd react at all really. if not just happy to see another young male coming to the Church on his own volition.

I agree with their advice as a 20 something NEET that converted on my own. I was so awkward and dressed so poorly when I first started attending the priest later confided he thought I was going to weave some bad story to try and bum money off of him. People might judge but they won't say it publicly, and that's really just superficial judgements that are overridden by the joy most people have with converts, especially young converts. I'm still working on opening myself up to reciprocate all the help I've gotten from others, not just smiles but real tangible help to improve my life. And my parish is a boomer filled Novus Ordo one. Show that you care and that you are there for the Church and God, any decent community will accept you regardless of your current circumstances.

Attached: bed7978ee00842269f4a0b181a7f4cbc5414dc726627c63e8c972374b507c14c.png (1342x1940, 765.18K)

Jesus hated those who didn't work, so any true Christian would spit on your face and tell you to get out.

Ok then, how about this?

OP, ask Saint Dymphna for help.
catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=222

OP, Jesus never commanded anyone to get a job, attend school or job training so if you manage to find an authentic Christian church which means one that actually follows the teachings of Jesus Christ (rather than their own ideas of Christianity) you'll be accepted with open arms.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 "if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either."

There are a lot of people willing to work, but can't get hired. Also, "work" means more than just bringing home a paycheck. The one who scrubs the dishes and prepares the meals is working.

true, if he's really just out of a job he's not misbehaving
NEET usually doesn't imply that, it's an internet subculture

Get a job, finish HS(if you haven't), then try for post-secondary. Meanwhile, join the Church. The priest will definitely help you, that's his job. He will let you know of any things you should change.

I mean I have mixed reactions to that. It does mean "Not in Education, Employment or [?]"(I forgot what the last one was, pardon me). And people do use both meanings often.

Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body. Let marriage be held in honor among all

i started going to Mass last spring as a 20 year old with no friends and a shitty part time job working with one old guy. thank God i was a cradle catholic and my mom made me do confirmation classes so i don't have to do RCIA. it took me half a year just to work up the confidence to go for the first time. no one there even knows my name or gives a winnie the pooh about me, i just sit away from everyone and try not to have a panic attack during the peace be with you part. i've not once spoken to anyone in there besides the priest at confession and the mandatory stuff. yeah it's hard as winnie the pooh, but just do it and once you get into the groove its not so bad. we're all gonna make it

massachusetts?