Did Jesus ever laugh?

Is there anywhere in scripture to reference if Jesus laughed? Is laughing a sin? Serious question because laughter is one of the few joys I allow myself but now I am doubting.

Attached: Screenshot_20181019-111145.png (1080x1920, 992.04K)

Nothing in the Bible, nope. As for whether or not laughter is a sin, that's debatable - though Ecclesiastes says there is a time to laugh. Jesus was yoked with heavy burden and constant sorrow, but he did have a bit of a sarcastic side (calling Herod a fox, etc).

Jesus is God. It's true that Jesus himself is never referred to as laughing, but there are plenty of verses about God laughing
Now, in context, it's clear God is laughing at evil doers, referring to mocking them. So some could argue that this is not the same thing as a laugh at a joke or showing any sign of having a regular sense of humor. Personally, I don't see much of a distinction between laughing at impotent rebels and laughing at legitimate jokes.

Sirach says to smile, not to laugh.

He made jokes, wouldn't be at all surprised if in his lifetime he laughed along with his friends about things.

He also wrastled with someone in Genesis, though I can't remember the context, I'm fairly sure it was a friendly match.

Saint John Chrysostom said that Jesus never laughed, but only cried.

What does he say in his commentary on the psalms about the verses I posted? I haven't read any Chrysostom besides his easter homily which keeps repeating "it is angered!"

That's not what people usually think when you say "sarcastic"

So God enjoys ridicule. This seems like the highest form of humor, so I can see that. Ridiculous.

Attached: image.jpg (960x413, 54.4K)

What kind of…

Attached: wtf.jpg (300x287, 26.53K)

You are suppose to have delight in your worship of God so 8 would hope you could laugh…

Luke 6:25
Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

This thread is absolutely retarded. I miss the days, when there was actual serious thread instead of… this

so should you starve to death, you bloody autist?

Joking is listed as a sin in the Philokalia

it must mean some archaic form of joking

That's why I said "that's debatable". It means it can be debated, that there are various schools of thought on the matter. You might want to learn what words mean before you go insulting other people.

I talked about this with priests and answer is simple: its about rude and vulgar "jokes". Our fren here would know better if he would actually consult with his mentor and several priests rather than single-sentence posting on random anime board.

It is not debated and there are no "various schools". And no, I dont insult someone, I said an objective fact. These are what people are, when they twist meaning of the scripture by their own ends, prejudices and agendas. People like these are just one step behind mormons and mohamedans, who justify their retarded "theology" by removing verses and giving them completely different meanings.

Basil of Caesarea seemed to think so, at least in one sense of the word "laugh".

Letter 22, "he ought not to laugh nor even to suffer laugh makers."

Of course, it's not scripture.

Then why are you debating?
So, the United Methodists and the Amish have the exact same opinion when it comes to laughter and merriment?
Objective facts can be proven. You claim me to be a "bloody autist" for simply pointing out a verse in Luke. I didn't even say whether or not I agreed with it. Yet, here you are, continuing your tirade about prejudices and retardation.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that laughing is a sin. Don’t be so hard on yourself