What does think of Zig Forums nihilism...

What does think of Zig Forums nihilism? Nothing good about this morally degenerate existence than why getting attached to mortal life to begin with? Shouldn’t you focus on getting to god than wasting time to getting attached to worthless living life?

Attached: 3B5EC94F-6BB3-457D-812A-C55EF75ED30A.png (668x461, 342.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mercaba.org/SANLUIS/Filosofia/autores/Contemporánea/Scheller/Ressentiment.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That just sounds like Gnosticism to me.

because you don't understand, death is an end to sin. although the soul may be discarded for eternity in hell, in death, that's the end of all sin, the end of all enmity with God. for those who inherit Heaven, they must first suffer the bodily death before they can see Heaven.

read St. Alphonsus Ligouri

God used death to remove sin from the creation and purify it. But this was only in preparation for the Messiah. Jesus destroyed death for us, and gave us a way to be freed from sin without needing to die - by having communion with Him and being baptized in His death.
Why do you talk about death as the end of all sin when the sacraments exist?

How so?

Wew

You mean Calvinism, right?

no, I am a borderline stoic and I already know it is walking on thin ice…nihilism is not something I'd marry with Christianity. This life is a gift from God we spoiled, and one day this body will be resurrected and reunited with our soul and bask in all the beatific glory and beauty of God in the fullness of our sense. Life is not worthless.

Plus, a nihilistic viewpoint is more likely to lead you into self-abusive sins like heavy drinking, smoking, etc…for how you perceive yourself and life in itself.

You should, but I don't think you understand the meaning of "getting attached". You should love everything and everyone in this world for the sake of God. You should be a good father/priest/worker, because that's what God expects you to do. If you have a comfortable life, give thanks to God, if your life is shit, give your suffering as an offering to God. Love your wife as God loves His Church, love your kids, because they are a gift from God, love your neighbour, because he is created in God's image.
If you say that "nothing matters", then the only Christian interpretation of these words would be "it doesn't matter for me if I'm rich or poor, hungry or full, hot or cold, because whatever happens, I'm in Christ and Christ is in me, so I'll keep spreading love and the Gospel as long as I'm alive". In no way should you get into gnostic memes about this world being evil in itself.

Christian nihilism is only similar.

Christianity cannot be nihilistic since our hope in God suspends our despair.

Attached: 346d02a5aa2152cde0e54a9397bec71919359504368362899616c26bbb1c02c1.jpg (1024x1024, 165.27K)

Not that poster, but he's right to say that it sounds more like Gnosticism. Nihilism is the complete denial of objective meaning, but what the OP describes is the preference (unto death even) of the transcendent over all immanent reality because of the supposed intolerable imperfections of the latter: textbook Gnosticism, in other words. Each in its own way, though, is the exact opposite of Christianity.

Attached: artworks-000230892552-49brx1-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 140.92K)

Name one reason why death isn’t bad.

I mean name one reason why Life is better than living for death?

Death isn't ultimately bad, at least for the Christian. He who takes up his Cross in this life, he who endures to the end whatever suffering comes his way, will find glory in the next, that's for sure. For all that, however, it does not follow that death is good. Death is positively bad for at least some people.

Attached: contra acedia.png (818x836, 167.55K)

I'm not sure whether anyone actually is a nihilist in the real sense of having no values. Most of these so-called nihilists are just edgy, pessimistic, hedonistic atheists.

Is that meant to be saying:

Because there is no such – nor could there EVER be such – a thing as "Christian" Nihilism. They're inherently contradictory.

The Nihilist says life is devoid of purpose and meaning.
The Christian contends that God gives life purpose and meaning.

Mutually exclusive statements.

Attached: wut-Jesus.jpg (709x371, 71.23K)

Because death is tangibly the end of all sin for everyone, not everyone will receive the sacraments, not everyone shall inherit the Kingdom of Heaven, and death is the final door to Christ.

If you don't like this, ask why St. Alphonsus Ligouri and St. Catherine of Sienna were let in.

Jesus destroyed the true death, but we still need to die a bodily death in retribution for our sins.

You're confusing /b/-tard nihilism for the disregard of the world. The nihilist is someone who plainly has no hope and no cares, the Christian "nihilist" is someone who recognizes that our time on Earth is spent in enmity with God, and disregards this life for the next.

Source on the image? Pls

Cultivating a depressing mindset is not good.
Not even to renounce the world, monks are usually happy folks for example

Traditionally, in threads on nihilism this PDF is posted - I recommend people read it.

Of I remember correctly there was another writer I think back in the 30’s who said that Nietzsche misunderstood Christianity when he said it was a slave religon but I can’t for the life of me remember his name…

Nevermind I found it. It was Max Scheler and his book “Ressentiment”.

mercaba.org/SANLUIS/Filosofia/autores/Contemporánea/Scheller/Ressentiment.pdf

Attached: 1393463556343.png (345x307, 135.59K)