My mother and a certain Maronite made me lose my faith

In my life, I never thought that one day I would actually hate Christianity so much. Don't get me wrong, I love the rituals, I love the theological construction and mental exercise Christianity provides very easily. But what I hate is the fact that so many Christians falsely so called act all self arrogant and self righteous by condemning you for one small thing done or say. Not like they are perfect or free from sin. Come on dont kid yourself. You are sinful like the rest of us Christian or not.

What I hate is how big mouthed these Christians so called can be, poking their hooked nose into affairs that dont concern them. Seriously? What are you an old auntie that loves drama and gossip that she gotta poke her nose everywhere?

Worst of all is my mother. That person can only criticise criticise criticise. Wow not like she is so perfect. So good. So holy! If you are so holy then act like it and stop acting like so are so holy you can tell me I am mentally ill and retarded! Stop shouting at me over every small damn winnie the poohed thing that happen. And stop acting like me getting fired was due to my retardation! It was due to people with big mouth!

All these just made me wonder where the fcuk is grace? Where is God's transformative power? Christians say it exist but I dont see any of it anywhere

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OhG25DnZoog
biblehub.com/nasb/1_john/5.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How old are you?

They went out from us because they were not truly of us

Because you are but a puppet

/thread

Where is GRACE?

Why cant I SEE IT?

Are you saved? Have you known grace by being washed in the blood of the lamb?

How can I know if I am washed?

How can someone who is so arrogant receive Grace? You will never see grace in these people

youtube.com/watch?v=OhG25DnZoog
Do you believe the gospel?

Consider 1 John 5:13
The answer is plain: if you believe, you have eternal life. You can see confirmation of this in the description of the rest of the chapter

Read it here biblehub.com/nasb/1_john/5.htm

Not trying to be a dick, but perhaps you should make better friends. Even during the apostolic and gospel days, there were people like this. One example are the Pharisees. I think you should focus on being a better Christian so that your light can shine on others. Pray for these people and be an example. Hope that helps

That literally puts it on feeling I believe which means I am not even saved now because I dont feel the feeling of "believing" at this moment.

Many Christians are very badly misinformed about Christianity. If your post is to be believed, it seems your mother might be one of them. It also seems you might be one of them, too.

Image is taken from St. Francis de Sales' "An Introduction to the Devout Life" and relates to the the question of what the devout life entails. Everyone should heed its words.

Attached: St. Francis of Sales_Introduction to the Devout Life.png (682x904, 76.11K)

Belief isn't a feeling, but it sounds like you're not saved because you've never asked for it

Then what is it?

This is why Baptists are utter morons with their moronic syllogisms!

NO ONE can base belief on what they feel in the moment. That is Baptist OSAS STUPID sola fide

I don't know who got you riled up but we're in agreement on feeling
Belief is just a recognition of facts. I recognize that I'm a sinner in need of a savior, and the Bible tells me what to do about it

Recognizing that ISNT enough. Look at what 1John says. If we follow that person logic it means TRUE BELIEVERS DONT SIN

Do you believe this?

Yeah of course
The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: (1 Jn. 2:4-5 NAS)

So the order of events is:
1 - come to know him (aka believe, receive the indwelling of the holy spirit)
2 - keep his commandments
not the other way around, keep commandments so you can be saved

that's why ephesians 2 says "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast." (Eph. 2:8-9 NAS)

Do you know what that means?

THat means by your logic YOU are also not saved because YOU sinned many times even after you are saved.

This is why Baptist doctrine is so disgusting. It's new Pelagianism

And also for heaven's sake, anyone with a brain knows one isnt saved just by recognizing Jesus as one recognize world trivia facts. God isnt a frigging world trivia DID YOU KNOW fact one can just read. It has to be someone who actually interacts and forms a relationship with you

This is why I hate Baptists

that's kind of insightful of you, because I do think semipelagianism is correct but I'm in a minority among baptists
What's your alternative reading regarding purity?

agreed with your presentation, that's what belief is

because God is now world trivia did you know

This is why I left Baptist for Lutheran

What's with all the Maronite hate on this board all of a sudden?
I mean what the fugg they're like super rare here how do you even know Maronites.

Best post in the thread tbh. Welcome to protestant churches. Basically giant atheist turnout factories.

Attached: 65696cf4e2b5b0db8a08580bb60c5ca8f9df464477da3411e53945e11f481b1b.jpg (680x435, 87.77K)

So what are your running from Christianity to? To secularism? Do you think secular people don't criticize each other, abuse each other, gossip, cheat, etc? These are human issues, results of a fallen world.

Don't lose your faith over your parents. Just don't have her faith. Lots of people are believers in name only. Only a few are saved. God's favorites have a hard time. I've had massive issues with my Mom too. Tell her the truth when you can, that's charitable. And I suppose you're living with her now, be respectful but truthful until you can live somewhere else. Keep God with you always.

Attached: jerusalemcross.jpg (637x637, 79.95K)