Where is that story when Abraham is saved by angels after being thrown into a furnace by Nimrod for smashing all his...

Where is that story when Abraham is saved by angels after being thrown into a furnace by Nimrod for smashing all his father's idols? I could've sworn I read it but now I'm looking back at Genesis and cannot find it. I've been looking for it all over the Bible but I can't find it. I swear though I read it! Am I just remembering something wrong? It has been a while since I've read the Bible through and I'm just getting back into going to church and stuff. I have read the whole Bible but as said it has been a while. Does anyone know the source of this story?

Attached: CqmA9861318.jpg (500x300, 200.05K)

That's from the Quran lol

I mean it might have been stolen by them from us but it's definitely not in the Bible. Could be a church tradition or jewish oral tradition idk

Oh shit really? Huh… Ok then.

They most likely stole it from jewish oral traditions tho, like many stories in the quran. St. Paul cites at least one jewish oral tradition (rock following children of israel in the desert) so we know that at least some of those traditions are legit. so the story with the furnace may still be authentic.

That just sounds like a mix-up of the story of Gedeon in Judges 6:25-3, and the story of the three youth in the furnace in Daniel 3:1-30, and, considering the deuterocanonicals/apocrypha, the story of Abraham destroying idols in Jubilees 12:12-14, elaborating on what is said in Genesis 11:28.

As others said, it's in the Quran. However, the source is a Jewish Midrash named Genesis Rabbah that was written sometime in the 3rd-5th century. Basically, Midrash is Jewish commentary on a verse in the Bible, using a mix of other Bible verses, Jewish oral tradition, Jewish law, and a bunch of other stuff. Here's the passage in the Genesis Rabbah, which is commentary on Genesis 11:28, "And Haran died before his father Terah in the land of his nativity, in Ur of the Chaldees."
The Quran copies this story, but rewrites it "We" in this story is Allah

I know what you're talking about too, there was a Veggie Tales episode about it.

I read it in a book about rabbinical traditions. It's a jewish tale, it's not in the Bible.
If it's also in the Quran, Muhammad took it from the oral tradition

And when Our verses are recited to them, they say, "We have heard these stories before. If we willed, we could compose the like of it. They, are nothing but legends of former peoples.'
Qur'an 8:31

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:8

Yeah haha momo stole loads of stuff from Jewish legends. The funniest thing is that the oh so typical Mohammedan retort when you criticize Momo in general is that

"Oh really? Funny you say that, because during Mohammed (pbmwx 3.0 HD 4k)'s time, even his worst enemies would say that he is truthful and honest"

And i'd be like hahaha really? Even in your own Quran it states that during his time people were accusing him of being a plagiarist.

*Crickets

Attached: deusvult2.png (881x905, 488.34K)

Your false prophet Paul just plagiarized Greek pagan shit.

2/7 apply yourself

Shut the winnie the pooh up Crusader scum.

Lmao remember when you were banned from /islam/ for claiming to be a prophet?

Inshallah we will besiege Rome

Okay, we actually were able to find the passage from the Quran and the passage from the Mideash it is plagiarized from. Could you possibly post the passage from Greek philosophy that Paul plagiarized from, and then the passage of Paul? Remember it needs to be something that isn’t found in the rest of the Bible

How can i be a crusader when i have never been on a crusade :^)

ALLAHU AKBAR

eindama yaeud eisaa 'iilaa dimashq ealaa 'aktaf almalayikat , sawf yuksir alsalban wayudhbih alkhanazir (al-Nasara)

ALLAHU AKBAR

Acts of The Apostle 17:16 to 34

Don't you read your own book Nasrani?

This expression indicates a saracen's confusion and lack of understanding. When confronted with something he cannot understand or respond to, saracens mumble "muh crusaders" or "muh Paul mothawinnie the pooha". This is usually followed by guttural sounds and detonation of explosive vests.

Why don't you shut your winnie the pooh mouth?

Ruma lana li'ana Allah (subḥanahu wataʿala) yuriduha. Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar.

Attached: سوريا_لبنان.png (794x747, 1.02M)

ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR

You’re thinking of Daniel 3 but you have a really strange recollection of it.

*explodes*

I SAID SHUT YOUR F-UCKING MOUTH KAFIR

#shit-Christians-believe-that's-not-in-the-Bible

We could make a parallel book on this shit
eg; God helps those who help themselves
Yeah, thanks Franklin.

Attached: 1461386235714.jpg (960x960, 63.33K)

BASED

Sounds like the book of Jasher, which is a Jewish text.