California bans gender in setting car insurance rates:men payed more

On Jan. 1, outgoing California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones banned the use of gender in setting insurance rates for private passenger cars throughout the largest state. While California isn't the first state to do so, insurers and critics alike said the move puts one of America's biggest industries on notice that it might not be able to use such discriminatory practices in the future.

"These regulations ensure that auto insurance rates are based on factors within a driver's control, rather than personal characteristics over which drivers have no control," Jones said in a statement. Auto insurers collected premiums of about $27.3 billion in 2017 in California in 2017, according to the California Department of Insurance.

Several other states already prohibit gender discrimination in pricing auto insurance, according to the Consumer Federation of America (CFA), a Washington, D.C., watchdog group. These include Hawaii, Massachusetts, Montana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and some parts of Michigan.

But California stands out because it also bans accepting, rejecting or raising rates on applicants due to their educational status, job or credit score. The state has also eliminated gender-based pricing in health insurance.

cbsnews.com/news/car-insurance-california-bans-gender-as-a-factor-in-setting-rates/

Attached: P4_sy4TWS82dirY2L3WW2Q.jpg (1400x933, 52.86K)

Men are worser drivers, pay more insurance

Men are in worser health, pay more insurance

CA uses years licensed not age. So less years licensed -> less driving experience -> higher risk, would be the logic. That way a 30 year old who just got their license wouldn’t get a discount with other 30 year olds who’ve had 15 years of practice/experience

PAID*

not 'payed'

worser is not a word

PAID* not 'PAYED'

This isn't the first time you've typed 'payed' before

And it's not the first time I've corrected you

If they understood actuarial science, they'd realize that this will result in higher premiums for everybody.

Probably did this because trannies wanted to be classified as women, so they fucked it for everybody. Thanks faggots

I’ve never driven a car and I’m 44 yo.

Paid or payed is the past tense of pay depending on the sense of pay. The first sense is the usual one of giving someone money while the second sense is to seal (the deck or seams of a wooden ship) with pitch or tar to prevent leakage.

A subtle distinction, but there may be rare instances where "payed" could be used in a financial sense, but only where it is specifically intended to be a metaphorical reference to the nautical sense. E.g. "The large award was payed out in small increments over a decade." You're implying what is done with ropes in a nautical sense, but still talking about money. Still, "paid" works just as well here and is far more common

Being English Andy, I used the naughtical expression

In the sence of men paying(as a rope) out more monies to insurance companies over long periods of time than womens do.

As for the worser comparative adverbial error, I just like to Kaufman you

Does mommy tie your mitts together?

Men are better drivers, women are safer drivers

Sup Sam, when's the new hydewars

I'd want to see the number of men vs women on the road as well, and not just the number of crashes of men vs women.

This, too. The companies were losing their ability to charge as much as freaks transitioned.

The obvious solution is to pass a law mandating all car crashes to involve a man and a woman. That's equality.

okay now how much got paid out and we might see this is not a case of men vs woman and more of a case of insurers literally robbing everyone

No, I’m crippled by a genetic illness. Can’t get my eyes through DMV.

Cool. Insurance is pretty much a scam anyways. It may be necessary in some minimal form, but the way it is now, its just as BS as having to fill out a D&D 5E to determine how much you pay in taxes, where whenever there is an balance issue the devs just add more rules to try to fix it rather than question why the hell it is so complex.

This is bad for men. They'll no longer pay less on a mile-driven basis.

Wtf I identify as a woman now, and will sue the shit out of anyone mischaracterizing me bcuz muh dick.

When you actually run the numbers properly (and account for the total number of men driving and the total number of women driving rather than just the number of accidents) then women start looking like they're playing Carmegeddon. It's what got the insurance company "Shelia's Wheels" in trouble with the advertising standards agency in the UK - their marketing was based around the phrase "Women make the safest drivers" and it's just factually untrue.

so sorry for silly insult Mr Magoo

Only person in thread to put it together.

Finally, an sjw law that was actually useful for once

Attached: tumblr_inline_p66dz2rcu11qh5tvf_400.gif (300x303, 1.49M)

Men are statistically more likely to be involved in a fatal crash.
Women are statistically more likely to be involved in minor collisions essentially bumps and scrapes.
The end result of this law is that women will end up paying more. Car insurance regardless is a big scam.

Except in this case it means women will have to pay the men's price, not that men's price will be lowered to the women's price. You won't be able so save money by just letting your wife sign the insurance any longer.

This. Watch women cry about this new law.

What about Chinese drivers???

Attached: taxi-driver-the-beijinger.jpg (500x334, 45.33K)

something crazy commiefonia did right I'm amazed

reality

women got out of tickets left and fucking right
men do not

If this somehow means lower prices for men and higher prices for women then lol