The Great Spirit, known as Wakan Tanka among the Sioux,[1] Gitche Manitou in Algonquian...

What's the Christian stance on peoples with monotheistic religious beliefs prior to their exposure to Christianity?

Attached: great_spirit.jpg (400x600, 45.83K)

Like our stance on anything else, they worshiped a false deity and not the one God of the Bible, YHWH. They need to be converted.

Every religions were "monotheistic" before they degenerated or man misunderstood them.

see :

They are better than other pagans.
Just as the athenians with the 'unknown God' mentioned by St.Paul, the native americans understood something of the mystery of God.
What they looked blindly now can be revealed to them, they can fulfill the wisdom of their ancestors by becoming fully Christian and know that God they always looked for.

If you believe in General Revelation, that the Law of God is written on every human heart, or even post-death conversion, a Christian shouldn't necessarily have a problem with non-Abrahamic monotheism. The ancient Chinese were monotheists in a sense, believing everything came from God and was represented by the North Star.

This is called urreligion, if anybody wanted to know.

It's hard to know their spiritual state, but perhaps they could've been saved, they're monotheistic and maybe God made a separate covenant with them prior to Christ like he did to the Jews, or they fall into the 'virtuous pagan' category.

Do they have a concept of a Christlike figure or messiah to come in their religion?

Every human originally worshipped God by tradition from being the progeny of Adam. However demons corrupted all understanding of God and all the gentiles inadvertently or advertently started worshipping demons. Hence "all the gods of the gentiles are demons". Waken tanka would have been derived from the original understanding of God, but is a corruption and a demon.

Ancient baltic people had a concept of a one supreme creator God they called Praamžius (which sort of translates into 'beyond the ages') who made everything, but rarely if ever put himself in mortal affairs, sending Perkūnas/Perūn or whatever thunder "god" to exact justice on wicked people and foil the devils (plural) ploy to fool good people.
There are many monotheistic roots in many old religions, but they never built on it, always going for paganisms instead.

Attached: The Real RR ripping one.gif (300x240, 4.65M)

Going to agree with the armchair scholars on this one.
African slaves knew of God, as greatest of many large spirits. Natives knew the Great Spirit, above and beyond the others.
Hoodoo, Santaria and Voodoo, evolutions of these systems, all acknowledge the truth of The Almighty, though to varying degrees of dependency.

Further, Man was originally given dominion over the beasts of the land and birds of the air. What anthropologists call "animalistic worship" is really just acknowledging our earliest imperative.

But what do I know. I never became a "Doctor" and refused to join The Tribe. This is all drunken half rememberance of childhood teachings. The point is that our people always knew God, but had not yet received the Gospel of the Son.

Attached: 140926-andre-3000-billboard-cover-story (1).jpg (940x626, 64.29K)

Halfway to this.

There is only one God. Different people call him by different names but the idea that any conception of God that is not explicitly christian must be demonic then, is false.
Christianity is still more true than other faiths but that is because of Jesus. Jesus is God's grace, given to humanity out of selfless and unconditional love and sacrificed for our sake. Anyone who can accept him, regardless of religion, is our brother or sister is Christ.

This is why a hindu or buddhist who accepts Jesus is superior to jews and atheits and that is why it's not worth to have quarrel with them. They just have a different name for God and a different tradition.

It is THE truth, not just "more true".

Those two statements are not contradictory, just saying.

…Also true

The truth of God in Christ is beyond doctrine.

nice doctrine

Nice salty contrarianism.

nice retort

The truth if God in Christ is revealed in the inspired word of God, the Bible. Christian doctrine is truth.

Its a statement of fact, not a retort, because that would imply that this is a debate instead of salty nitpicking on your part.

Christian doctrine is truth, as much truth there is in God.
If Christian doctrine would be the ultimate truth, it would stand, instead it broke off into 3+ variations with a whole lot of pooh in each and every one of them.
Christ renounced the Pharisees for trying to take over the "truth".
St. Paul only saw the truth once and he built the original church without the need of some overly mythic doctrine, but a few genuine letters written by a purified human heart.

It's always demons lad.
The only true religion was Judaism which became Christianity.

Are you a full blown African buddy? Not a lot of Africans on here.

Meaningless percentages.
My father's German, but was disowned for marrying a Black woman. Hence no commentary on ancient Prussian beliefs. Wouldn't know.
My mother's are (what is mistranslated as witch doctor), and maintained oral history of most spiritual matters.

As a European, my father finds the family business suspicious. Therefore my brother's a full on secularist, and my education stopped with my grandmother's death. I would confess it as a blessing, as when the spirits of this world began to notice me, the only recourse I knew was to turn to The Lord.

And to complete my TMI here, I'm also the user with the Theosis fascination. Having no female heir, it falls to me to add to (or in my case reform) the craft. I personally think it would be the greatest honor to give The Lord a whole clan, though it may be a pipe dream to consider converting my cousins.

To summarize, and return to topic: We believe in God. Always have. Native and African beliefs meshed together well because they are based upon a semblance of reality. However, vanity and deception caused us to stray. The Lord completes our worldview, therefore both peoples took to Christianity with great fervor and deep belief.
(I would even describe it as knowledge for some. I've personally felt The Holy Spirit since childhood, but only recently learnt what faith means.)

Attached: 5vc1lr5dhojy.jpg (550x734, 85K)

Well, Jesus did go to America :^)

All this talk about pre-Christian faith in God reminded me of this video.

If God has revealed monotheism/the true religion to other nations, then where are their scriptures?