The plausibility of Noah's Ark

So, is there a knockdown argument for this vid? Because I watched it in 2010 and it still is on the back of my mind as I read the Bible

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/scientists-noahs-arc-would-have-floated-with-70000-animals-if-built-by-dimensions-in-the-bible-2014-4?IR=T
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In short

How plausible is it that God parted the Red Sea and sent the Angel of Death to kill every first new born? Why don't they make a video on that? How plausible is it that?

Why don't they make a video about how it's physically impossible to part the Red Sea. Then make one on how it's impossible to walk on water and raise people from the dead.

lack of evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen though, they are also asking for evidence of a specific sea-vessel that existed in primeval history

the ark event is partly allegorical, and in fact, most numbering of things in both the old and new testament are allegorical (1,000 meaning eternity, the prevalence of 3's, etc etc)

everything else is, well, God willed it. meanwhile, nearly every living human culture has a flood-type event in their mythology, social-group history

it's a bit different in this situation, because those are outright miracles, whereas the Noah's Ark story is a global apocalyptic/historical event

First of all apocalypse is just Greek for revelation. Secondly, where is the archaeological evidence for the Red Sea parting? God is not bound by physics. If he willed it, instantly the whole world would be covered by water, and then in 10 seconds later there would be no water, but a large army of koalas and platypuses marching across Lithuania and then 10 seconds later it would back to normal. For a Lithuanian citizen they would say… this happened. But maybe 5000 years later you would say, where is the evidence? All we have is stories, sure from a few different places that the earth was completely filled with water for a short while. We also have some strange report from Lithuania about a koala army, so most likely this is a fabrication, since Koalas live in Austrialia and were not issues passports 5000 years ago for travel.

Attached: haytham.jpg (350x335, 60.58K)

Skeptic videos are pretty dumb because they debunk God by thinking from perspective of a 21st century leftist with 21st century knowledge, not the perspective of an all-knowing God who created man and animal.

It's like being in the fourteenth century and denying that gravity exists because no formula nor theory for it in that time period.

Read Hugh of Saint Victor. He has some very deep theology about the dimensions of the Ark. If I can find a bit i'll post it here. All dimensions and numbers etc given in scripture is highly symbolic and has a lot of meaning.

Why did I read this as Victor Hugo?! sage for autism

:o never thought about that before

Pitch it over the side. I mean come on.
Maybe use some of it to raise earthworms to feed a lot of the omnivorous animals like opossums and small birds.

I don't think that's the point. it's the quantity of feces you would have to deal with daily. all the animals in the world shitting in one boat. that's a lot of shit

God can feed an entire crowd with a small amount of fish and bread, he can put a lot of animals on a small boat

Did you find it?

Genesis 6:19
7:2-3
Sounds like additional animals, not a change in number. The animals Noah was to bring in two by two were already in the ark by this point.

Not necessarily full-grown; just old enough that they can start breeding more than a year later. Plus the ark likely had room to spare; 1 pair of one "kind" that later delineated into more varieties of the same "kind", except for livestock and birds as pointed out.

Every ancient human settlement is near a body of water and all bodies of water flood at some point.

Yeah, but they all tell the exact same story. Humanity pisses off God/the gods/the Sky Father so He floods the earth and one of the only survivors(most of the time the only survivor) is a guy who built a giant boat for he and his family(and sometimes a lot of animals, and sometimes just his dog) survive the flood by riding in it. The only exception I can think of is the flood tradition of a mountain dwelling Native American tribe whose name escapes me. In it, the flood completely destroys humanity(which at that point had become more like what we would call Nephilim) and God then creates a man and a woman out of the dust afterwards. That story also told of something that very closely resembled the Tower of Babel IIRC.

if i was speaking greek, or intended to speak the word in the greek sense, I would have said so

first, it is not even agreed if it actually occurred in the "red sea". the original hebrew says something like "sea of reeds", which is actually a lake.

the event was listed at 15,000-13,000 B.C. by most most modern academics, so we're looking for evidence in a location that might not actually be where the event took place, 15,000 years later, as well

lol, i mean 1,200 B.C.

it's late folks

isn't there a land bridge in the red sea?

Attached: serveimage.png (500x518, 235.62K)

businessinsider.com/scientists-noahs-arc-would-have-floated-with-70000-animals-if-built-by-dimensions-in-the-bible-2014-4?IR=T
Thoughts