Church Poll

Let's see the representation here, so we know who we're talking with
strawpoll.me/16835722

Attached: poll.png (983x886, 51.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confessional_Lutheranism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I guess I’m non-denominational. Leaning Missouri Synod Lutheran though.

What is your church right now?

It's pointless, they're just gonna get the Catholic discord to raid it.

Wouldn't they benefit from having the real numbers too?

Announcement: don't share the link away from this thread

Non-denominational.

Wow, that's sure gonna deter them. I remember a poll when we still had flags and no discord raids, Catholics didn't get over 30%. Now they're always close to 50%.
If we had flags you would know who actually posts, this is why the papist mods disabled them.

I love protestants

It minimizes the false flagging, there are still IDs to identify posters.

Just so you know there are numerous other confessional/independent Lutheran churches out there such as the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS), the Church of the Lutheran Confession, and the American Association of Lutheran Churches.
This should give you greater flexibility in choosing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confessional_Lutheranism

iirc last time it was ordodox discord that pumped up their numbers

is the poll asking which denomination we belong to or what church we attend?

What's the difference?

Well, I'm not a Christian yet but I go to church

I guess I'm a Restorationist. I've never used the word before. Anyway, it is the church I was born into. However, over the last few years I've been moving more in the direction of Eastern Orthodoxy. I would go to an EO Church but the nearest one is 50 or 60 miles away.

What's your country out of idle curiosity?

I'm also not a Christian. My family consists of mostly lapsed Catholics and I was raised unbaptized and agnostic. I've stepped into a church maybe two or three times in my life and never with my own family. At this point in my life I find Orthodoxy to be the most compelling path. To be honest it seems like the only path to me.

That's unfortunate. There are two ROCOR parishes in my area, one large one in my state's capital and a smaller one. The larger one seems to be more of the stereotypical ethnic club (their website is completely in Russian); however, I have a Russian friend who is related to the priest there.

USA. As far as I know, Church of Christ or CoC doesn't really exist too much outside of the USA. I know there are missionary efforts, but those seem very sparse.

Don't let that hold you up. I've got an Orthodox buddy who lives up in a tiny, 600 pop village in the Colorado mountains. He drives 80 minutes each way to get to and from church every Sunday, and most Saturdays for vespers as well.

There was no Sedevacantist option. :^)

Catholic/Orthodox is larp/meme tier

Non-denom but I take from a bit of everything, principally Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy and Mormonism. I was Eastern Orthodox for several years though.

Sorry, I mean - Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, Mormonism, and Anglicanism. I basically agree almost entirely with EO theology but the flaws are compensated by Anglican (notably Episcopalian) theology, I respect OO theology and recognize it as an acceptable expression of the faith, and I consider the Mormon scriptures to be inspired but deuterocanonical.

is this the online christian larp version of tumblr?

Attached: 8-_p5k9CgsIhTADqAr2eSg35qCkdCCtNxdY3KBwI-FE[1].png (640x1138, 553.27K)

spoiler that shit

Maybe. I'm straight and monogamous though.
Also what the winnie the pooh is that shit? What the winnie the pooh is a "bigender glitterpunk"?

Also
Which one is it?

1st option. Sedevacanism is where you're Catholic but the pope isn't.

When your sedevacantist you have to mindwinnie the pooh yourself and think your Catholic but call yourself Sede, so ya ur the first option

By the way I was semi-shitposting about this. Kind of. I don't consider myself Orthodox anymore and I'm looking into Anglicanism and Mormonism but I wouldn't embrace them wholly just yet. I just don't really know where I'm at right now and I mostly hang out with non-denom Protestants so I voted non-denominational.

You're giving up Orthodxy for Mormonism? How did this happen?

As I'm saying, I'm not actually Mormon at all - just looking into it, out of curiosity. If there's anything I could actually see myself becoming if I had to pick right now it would be non-denom, or Anglican, or simply going back to Orthodoxy.
I'm looking into the books of the Bible I have never read as an Orthodox - the deuterocanonical books (the Bible I've always had was the Protestant canon only, even the Bible on my parish's website is the Protestant canon) but also the deuterocanon of non-EO communions (like 1 Enoch, 2 Baruch…) and the texts seen as inspired by other Christian denominations overall (I consider Mormons to be Christians, which is why I'm looking into their texts as well).

Mormons are hardly orthodox Trinitarians, how do you reconcile that? Atleast Anglicans affirm it.

Which part of Orthodox theology do you reject?

They certainly have wacky ideas about God but I need to read their scriptures and see their claims firsthand before dismissing them.
Unless you say this to ask me why I see them as Christians. The 4 gospels are an icon of Christ, and we treat them as such during the Divine Liturgy, so if you ask me, if anyone recognizs these as holy scriptures then they are Christian, no questions asked.
And if wacky Trinitarian theology makes one a non-Christian, shouldn't that make Catholics non-Christians because of the filioque (from where I stand of course)?

I know that I'll be banned if I say it, so sorry for not answering. That I feel closer to non-denominational or Anglican should give you a hint.

Time to fire up that proxy voter.
Orthodox mafia let's go.
:^)

lol

Attached: IMG_8459.PNG (739x979, 99.51K)

There used to be a ton of orthodox posters on here, maybe a year and a half ago.

Wow. So I'm the only one who thinks the ideals of the restoration movements are a good thing on this board? Neat. Good to know.

While the Mormon faith may agree that the Gospels are all divine, and tell of Jesus there is one thing and one thing only that makes them not Christian. They deny that Jesus is actually God. The triune nature of God is throughout Scripture, both in Old and New Testament writings and how they come to their conclusion is based mostly on a very, very, terrible translation of John 1:1 which they translate as "and the word was a god"
They beleive in a supreme God, Jehovah, but alo claim that there are lesser gods ala Jesus. They are in fact anti-Christs because they deny a fundamental truth about Christ.
Good people, very nice, but deeply flawed thelogy.

pic related

Explains a lot about this place.

Attached: 181116-0137 _christian_s church affiliation.png (958x1035, 38.29K)

>I'm looking into [Mormon] texts as well)

DO NOT WANT … you to do that to yourself

Attached: hal-says-i-wouldn't-do-that-dave.jpg (640x360, 41.6K)

So that would be 75 Protestants, 82 Orthodox, 81 Catholics, and 48 non-church goers. Assuming that some of those who don't go to church are churchless Protestants, out of those who have a religious beief, it's about 1/3rd Catholic, 1/3rd Orthodox, 1/3rd Protestant.

They don't reeeeally believe the Gospels are "divine" either. They believe there can and are errors in the Bible. They're western Muslims really.

Also you're talking about Jehovah's Witnesses, nor Mormons. Mormons call God the Father "Heavenly Father" and they don't believe he is the supreme God, just our god. They believe that "Heavenly Father" had a god himself and so on, and and Heavenly Father was once a man like us and became a god and by following Mormomism we too can become a God one day with our own planet and so on.