We might be on the verge of discovering ancient, technologically advanced civilizations existed...

We might be on the verge of discovering ancient, technologically advanced civilizations existed. What does this mean for Christianity?

Attached: 1542232602814.jpg (631x591, 72.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/science/2018/nov/14/impact-crater-19-miles-wide-found-beneath-greenland-glacier
nationalgeographic.com/science/2018/11/impact-crater-found-under-hiawatha-glacier-greenland-ice/
advances.sciencemag.org/content/4/11/eaar8173.full
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pre-flood civilizations were degenerate.

I might be on the verge of fuсking your mother. What does this mean for you?

OP BTFO

too rash

According to the Book of Enoch fallen angels gave a lot of knowledge to pre-flood humanity. So I guess it wouldn't be so problematic of a discovery.

according to druggie and woo-peddler graham hancock based on literally zero evidence
in other words,

First it's a winnie the pooh click bait. One thing has nothing to do with the other. The reporter is just projecting his comic book fantasies.
Secondly even if that was true we don't know what was the technological level of the pre diluvians. Noah built a giant boat and sodomy had already been invented so I guess they weren't so primitive as we imagine I guess.

Attached: large.jpg (500x485, 58.75K)

I used to subscribe to this guy's theories back in the 90's. I thought of him like a Von Daniken 2.0 but with better arguments. After a while, you begin running into other hacks like Zarchariah Stichen along with a flood new agey theosophical balderdash. In community college, one of my prefossors taught only new age metaphysics in a class that was supposed to be Introduction to Philosophy - took me a while to get out of that drek. Regardless, the Bible tells us enough about pre-flood times in order to give us ample warning.

Luke 17:27
They did eat and drink, they married wives and were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark and the flood came and destroyed them all.

I used to be into his theories too. It's enough to consider Christ's words "ye shall know them by their fruit". Hancock crowd are a bunch of druggies, I'm not getting lumped in with them.

The impact crater discovery is being reported widely in many news outlets. Here are some links that the OP didn't bother posting:
theguardian.com/science/2018/nov/14/impact-crater-19-miles-wide-found-beneath-greenland-glacier
nationalgeographic.com/science/2018/11/impact-crater-found-under-hiawatha-glacier-greenland-ice/
advances.sciencemag.org/content/4/11/eaar8173.full

Think about it: The crater is 19 miles/31 km in width. This is really large. The asteroid impact that formed the crater would have had correspondingly big (devastating) effects and would have melted a large amount of glacial ice.

From the Guardian article:
The key passage:

Also:

We are talking about an impact from a 1.5 km asteroid.

Attached: Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png (695x390 19.14 KB, 54.95K)

this

How did you get through the winnie the pooh filter?

how did you get past the filter??

It seems to be registering it as two separate words. Note that it only underlines the "fu". What manner of sorcery is this?

Attached: what the.png (305x199, 5.24K)

Begone wizard.

/thread

OP is a faggot and has been spamming this on halfchan's Zig Forums.

"Technologically advanced civilizations" doesn't mean computers and spaceships, but rather cities and agriculture, maybe even written language. So nothing really.

But how do you draw an inference from "giant crater hits earth" to "therefore there was a technologically advanced civilization"?

man, what a valuable find

There are post-flood Nephilim.

Stop being wrong anytime.

If this is legit it adds more credibility to the Biblical narrative rather than detracting from it.
or maybe the Nation of Islam was right all along and this is all Jakub's fault

They're mentioned all over the Bible, buddy.

That's how.

Attached: unicode cheat.PNG (674x67, 3.65K)

While I don't much care about the ancient aliens memery, does this mean there's reason to believe a heavenly body colliding with earth some 12k years ago is what caused the global flood?

There is plenty of evidence of ancient advanced civilizations but this isn't one of them.

Could be. I never bought in to the "regional flood" thing. The Flood is either true, but not a modern historical account that one would find in a history book, or there really was a global flooding event. I lean towards the latter. Not sure wtf the Nephilim were, though.

means nothing, that actually would verify bits of genesis concerning "pre-history"

they must have reached peak degeneracy

Attached: lgbt.jpg (475x395, 39.06K)

There is reason to believe that a meteorite hitting the earth some 12k years ago caused a global flood, because that would have been the natural result from a huge 1.5 km asteroid hitting a glacier. The vaporized water would have had to go somewhere.

Of course we aren't talking about Mount Everest being submerged under the ocean waves, but the sea levels would rise from the rain falling on the oceans, and even the higher elevations would suffer from heavy rains and flooding from the ex-glacier falling down all over the place.

Now combine that with the fact that civilizations tend to build on sea shores and fertile low-lying plains. It would have been devastating.

You don't.

If California have not reached the level of Sodom and Gomorrah yet, then I shudder to think what in the blazes happened back and what peak degeneracy looks like then. Either that, or our Lord is waiting for them Lots to get out of there first.

this

It means pre-flood advanced civilizations existed. Nothing new.
Gobekli Tepe is the oldest ancient building known to man and has stones depicting a cataclism from the sky.
The last Ice Age was ended through a comet or an asteroid and this caused a global flood.

Attached: 12928346_376367689216176_7310016520565103935_n.jpg (960x588, 93.92K)

No. The """post-flood""" Nephilim were specified as a false report. They were just giants, not the same as pre-flood giants.

but instead of that i get to watch the teenagers bitch about politics in the news because my govenment hates me

The lack of a crater was a major argument against a cataclysm at that point in time. Now it is no longer necessary to theorize about air bursts. The presence of a giant impact crater by itself is enough to imply a cataclysm because that's what giant asteroid impacts do.

I think OP was wrong to make this all about advanced civilizations when it's really about the historicity of Noah's Flood.

Is California that bad? I haven't been there, but could you give some reason why?

California's on fire though mate. Expect brimstone shortly.

Yeah, but there aren't many well preserved ones like there would be encased in ice.