Facebook Now Censoring Talk About Politics And Religion At Work

>>>/related/9

It's not just social media users that are being censored, now its social media employees.

According to a new report by Business Insider, citing an internal company memo, Facebook is now telling its employees what they can, and can't, talk about at work.

Business Insider reviewed an internal company memo where Facebook's CTO claims to have put together "a set of ground rules for open and respectful communication at work, and a central moderation model."

The memo states: "We're keeping it simple with three main guidelines: Don't insult, bully, or antagonize others. Don't try to change someone's politics or religion. Don't break our rules about harassing speech and expression."

Facebook uses Workplace, an app that allows chat, for internal communication. Employees use it for work related projects, but also occasionally for small talk. The app is targeted as the main area where these new rules will apply.

The memo continues: "These guidelines apply to all work communications including Workplace, email, chat, tasks, posters, whiteboards, chalkboards, and face-to-face. Since Workplace is where most of these discussions happen, we are investing engineering resources there."

Facebook has also made it easier for employees to report one another when somebody says something that "offends" someone else. The memo continued:

"We are making it easier to report posts and comments, and those reports will go straight to a trained moderator who'll moderate as needed. We're also developing more tools to help proactively."

We can't help but wonder, "Who is training the moderator?"

archive.fo/BTNEn
zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-17/facebook-now-censoring-talk-about-politics-and-religion-work

Attached: Facebook Now Censoring Talk About Politics And Religion At Work.jpg (610x415, 50.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZyaFeDlJJAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Facebook still sucks.

K I L L C E N :

You don't seem to realize that nobody who's cool or smart uses Facebook….

in fact, these days only old farts use Facebook

So why are you wasting your time trying to warn intelligent people that they shouldn't use Facebook?

Because Facebook is the bastion of censorship and corporate spying. The sooner Big Tech companies like Facebook go down, the better. And thats what I'm here to do, bring these fuckers DOWN…. one at a time.

The big tech companies - not the government - are now the biggest threat, in fact because of the big tech companies they have made it A LOT easier for governments to spy on people. A LOT EASIER! Back 30+ years ago they still had to manually wiretap a person and have a warrant. Thanks to big tech, not anymore!

There was that report yesterday of other apps sending data to facebook even if the user did not have a facebook account. Facebook is big brother regardless of whether you consent.

EGG ZACK LEE

And that's the reason Killcen say's do not use one of the "smartphones"…..

Attached: Foxconn Cuts 50,000 Jobs In Asia Due To iPhone Sale Slowdown.png (1000x667, 468.21K)

HOW TO CRUSH BIG TECH!

1) Use flip phones without apps or internet.
2) Buy an older computer, install linux and use a private VPN service.
3) Use stuff like youtube-dl and rip videos and post to OTHER alternative platforms like Bitchute and real.video
4) Use alternatives like image boards and open blogs to chat, do not use conventional social media!
5) Do NOT buy those "smart" IoT utilities, do not buy those so-called "home assistants"! Stock up on older electronics if you must. Garage sales, flea markets, thrift shops and antique malls! Maybe Ebay and Overstock too! Do not buy from Amazon at all!

Johnny, listening to the second song: youtube.com/watch?v=ZyaFeDlJJAk

Yah, thats some good 'old time' music.

I'd like to compare the flip phone and a "smartphone" to two different operating systems.

Which would you prefer: Windows 10 or Linux?

Windows 10 is like a smartphone: loaded with big tech bloat-ware that sucks up all your data and activities, unwanted backdoors and all kinds of vulnerabilities.

Linux is like a flip phone: you have what you need (for the most part). Its simple, its not loaded with unnecessary crap and there are a lot less vulnerabilities.

Now both systems can be hacked, and both systems can be spied on. But by far the botnet called Windows 10 would be worse than the Linux, a much worse option.

Not true, people still use Messenger. And those who don't use Messenger… use Telegram. Isn't that absurd?

Id love to change the world
but i dont know what to do
so I'll leave it up to you

Are you trying to tell me something with that music? That I should just give up already? Our grandparents told us we were a fucked up generation that would lead to degeneracy and moral decline and tried to warn us about it. Turns out: they were right! Now look at the mess we are in. And if you think things are bad now, just wait till the generations born into debt insolvency, degeneracy and propaganda take control, this society is fucking DOOMED and I'm going to spend every last hour of my life warning them about it. At least - like I remember my grandparents before me - they'll remember the old kook Killcen warning them "see, told you so folks, you really should have prepared!"

I thought Fagberg bought Whatsapp and that's the one to avoid. Either way Using Tox or Wire is at least a step in the right direction.

allow me to further clarify :

ANY windows (not just 10) was
a bastion of backdoors
which is why the powers that be
decided to use windows over mac

yes, linux can be monitored…
ANYTHING can be monitored…

heres the best analogy:

if you wrote a letter and sent it in the mail
it must go through the mail
and it doesnt matter
what kind of pen you own
or what brand of typing paper

because
it is still being funneled through the mail

Yes i was sending you TWO messages
with those two songs……………………….

1: don't give up by peter gabriel & kate bush

that song speaks for itself
(everythings going to be alright)

2: id love to change the world by 10 years after

that song speaks for itself
(everythings going to be alright)

you may have noticed the two messages are the same

interpret it as you wish

I get that already. But you don't seem to understand that the government is not the ONLY ones spying on you now. Big Tech industry is, and believe me, they make it MUCH EASIER for the government to spy on you and to harvest more data. So I'd recommend using a Linux rather than a Big Tech botnet as your operating system. Similar to the phones. Use the ones without Big Tech all rooted in.

ECHELON: the worldwide monitoring program
they began in the 70's, sans warrants

No, i completely understand that….
trust me….. I know, i know…..

Think of it like this: Amazon echo is a bug, and its directly hooked into the internet with cameras and microphones. The logical thing would be not to buy it or use it at all. Rather, use a notepad to write down stuff you would like to research or remember. Then go onto internet via Tor or VPN, or a library and do that instead.

Which would give them more hassle? Which would make it easier to spy? Pretty obvious conclusion.

but heres the deal:

you dont need a smartphone
for them to record every call
to log your coordinates
to funnel every text

and like i keep saying:
as soon as you connect to the internet
with your computer, you have defeated
your own strategy, because they are
now funneling everything you do online

The purpose of OPSEC is not to be 100% secure or private because you CANNOT BE 100% secure or private.

The purpose of OPSEC is to do everything you CAN DO to make it as difficult as possible to identify you or trace your activity back to you.

And YES, there are many tools and methods available to make it a pain in the ass for these spooks, and the more that use them the better.

Could you imagine having to sift through 10,000 hopped IPs that were encrypted for example over the course of a year? THAT WOULD SUCK BALLS.

Tor & VPNs : thats not a hassle
they can handle it
trust me, they've
already thought of that

Here's my method to the madness:

1. log into encrypted private VPN.
2. browse news and shitpost
3. exit browser wiping out ALL cache/cookies/web history sqlite db files with bleachbit.
4. logging out of VPN and back in with another IP
5. repeat process over and over and over again….

with RAS (massive metadata spoofer) and Noscript (blocking global scripts) and HTTPS Everywhere and IPFlood to help spoof GET requests… and some super tech-savvy about:config tweaks that only tin foils typically goof around with that make our browsers rock solid.

You seem to think a human being has to manually sift through metadata

they have algorithms that log in ALL of your associated IP addresses…

its automated
and its not a hassle

unless the target is Christian, conservative or white.

Is that even possible with dynamic IPs (which are not static but change every 24 hours randomly via your ISP)? If thats true how the hell does it work? Tracking the MAC addresses of the modem in real time?

ever seen a laser scanned conveyor belt sorting system in a factory?

or perhaps in a big postal service distribution center ?

Or a FedEx hub?

the computers are programmed to laser scan the objects at lightning speed, automatically detecting subtle variations, flaws, irregularities and anomalies…

those items are instantly diverted, separated, reassessed and sent down the correct funnel

and it all happens so fast that the human eye can't even tell wtf is going on. Its just a blur.

They would have to have a unique identifier BEHIND the IP address to do this….. its hard to believe that is possible, the ONLY way it could be done is by tracking the MAC address on your modem…. BUT THAT TOO CAN BE SPOOFED!

do you want the honest answer?

A: ALL OF THE ABOVE

they have thought it all out already
they employ tens of thousands of
Extremely Skilled Tech Experts
and whatever technique needed to
be utilized to address any possible
areas that needed work, they have
incorporated those techniques

it can be done

and it is being done

as we speak

Myself?…. I couldn't care less

ive assumed every word i type
every call i make
every text i send
every search i execute
every image i view
or download
or upload
has all been monitored
since day one

only a fool would expect privacy

But again, MAC addresses can be spoofed. And you could do this with simply installing a Tails operating system which has its own spoofed MAC address. When you go onto a VPN or use Tor it can't be traced to your actual MAC address… although I suspect they do have some techniques to deal with that kind of 'threat', who knows what though?

Id imagine they realized pretty early on

that the 'crazy questionable neptune weirdo'
was pretty much devoted to cats

Thats clever, and its already put into use. Its called Forward Secrecy. Via don't tell anyone something you don't want OTHERS to know over electronic communication.

…..and my subversion also included Elvis….

LOTS OF CATS & ELVIS

lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of it

I wonder what they think of me…. I could only imagine….. they'res the nut with the 200,000+ IPs hopping around the net again!

Egg zack lee

my 'rogue operation' primarily consists
of reminding image board users
that i think they are faggots

they think you are a series of numbers

We all are

Dear NSA,

lol @ these cats

Cats…………………

Ive been on this planet for a while now

and NOTHING fascinates me
more than
CATS

Cats…..
Elvis…….

And Reminding Adult Males…….
That Video Games Turned Them
into FAGGOTS

What if you were to load up Tails in temporary stealth boot mode, spoof your MAC address, log into a private VPN service outside the 5 eyes, THEN use Tor with more onion layers (like 7 or 8 routes instead of just 3)? Could they STILL track you with all that?

Note that the tails upon removal would wipe everything, it would only be a temp boot off a disc or flashdrive. No saving anything on it.

Of course, i don't work for them
so anything i said would be a mere guess

EXCEPT THIS : (this ISN'T a 'guess')

if you or i know about those technologies
so do they

if you know about those things
THEY have 25,000 experts
who know about those things too

you don't represent everyone else. as for this article, its a big nothing. it's a big nothing. religion and politics are heavy topics. good if you and your workmates are fine talking about them, but usually they just make people uncomfortable and tense. its also not a good idea to talk about that kind of stuff on a first date, unless you like getting into arguments instead of laid.

My conclusion is still the same, you are right when they suck up ALL the data, directly from all the ISPs - everything.

The point is there are technology experts on the other side dedicated to privacy that have created many tools and methods and tweaks to counter spying as well. And these are not just VPNs or the Tor project either. But metadata spoofing tools, encryption tools, temporary boots of secured operating systems (that are all open source and transparent)…. so it would be foolish to ignore the other side that has contributed towards privacy and security.

One thing is very clear: Big Tech industry works with them, hand-in-hand. Open source is the ONLY way to go.

100% TRUE STORY:

i have some really good real life friends who are
extremely gifted programmers. They are the type you or i would call 'hackers', but none of them would ever use that terminology in a million years.

Trust me: these guys are GENIUSES
to them its all elementary
but they are fucking brilliant

Several of them grew up together in atlanta, and remained friends to this very day.

in the 90s, they were pulling off a scam where they were hacking into banks' servers, creating fake bank accounts, and withdrawing A SHITLOAD OF MONEY.

they got away with it for quite awhile. One day they were eventually caught (i can't remember how they got caught, so i need to call Shawn or Kelly and have them refresh my memory)

They were all arrested (like 6 or 7 of them) and held in a federal detention facility… One day, the FBI came to see them and they gave them an offer: train FBI tech how they committed the crimes, and charges would be dropped.

thats how smart the FBI is
they are smart enough to know they werent
as smart as these young computer geeks

and thats the prioritization the government has placed on qualified tech personnel

you can be rest assured that the government has the worlds best 'computer geek geniuses' orking for them, and theres nothing they have forgotten to work on

This is very true. Sex and politics almost never work well together unless you are a very lucky person who meets with another like-minded person.

There should be a "computer dating" service like they had in the 80s and 90s where they could match you up based on preferences but with one other identifier: political affiliation. That way, people would know "oh she's more liberal" or "oh he's more conservative" and they would match up better due to their beliefs. Just a thought. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO COMPUTER DATING!?

I said NOBODY COOL USES FACEBOOK ANYMORE

its called READING
try it one day

I agree. Then again, social media itself isn't cool, well not any of the corporate platforms. And I could give a hell whats "trendy" these days because none of that is cool either.

Want to know something cool? I just bought myself a new Remington shotgun with a vertical grip attached. THAT'S COOL!

I'd say you have delusions of grandeur.

But you is just plain delusional.

(I send my brain fart waves to Soros and give him headaches)

Get pumpin' that gun!!!

Fuck this

Mariah Carey and golden showers!!!

Ill tell you what's cool

doin the Poop Chute Boogie
up a 17 year old rich girl's shithole

I do. BTFO.

Better take that bitch apart and check for machine marks. When Freedom Group bought Marlin, people were taking apart 336's and finding rough machining with no clean up or polishing done. Freedom Group is also the reason we don't have a good ACR.

This fucking guy.

EX-SIGNET here, and you're full of shit. Not only that, you're formatting is akin to namefagging, and you should feel bad.

Take your meds

Zuckerberg was a mistake tbh.

Nope. I don't need to take drugs, I can deal with reality just fine.

this is to cover their ass. to any FB employees lurking; enjoy the ride, it never ends

lol @ ex signet

you're an irrelevant little fat boy.

go play some more Pokemon Go, faggot

You yourself failed to explain the whole automated IP collection and association. You do know IPs are addressed at random by the ISP right? And IPs (which can be temporary and can be spoofed) are associated to a modem's MAC address (which can also be spoofed). So you claim the NSA knows every single IP address we every used? Exactly how do you do such a thing when IPs and everything associated with them can be spoofed?

This has got to be one of the most pathetic excuses for a 'news' article I've ever seen in my life. Facebook doesn't allow its employees to allow arguments about politics at work, it doesn't allow bullying, insulting, or antagonizing, or harassment. This is every significant corporation in the Western world, and you're all retarded if you think this has any relevance to you at all. Did anyone actually read more than the headline, or do you interact with the world only through one-sentence attention-grabbers like child?

I doubt that all corporations censor politics in conversations, MAYBE if it leads to infighting then perhaps they would intervene. I don't recall ever being censored for voicing my opinion at work and we were known to be pretty "politically incorrect" and rowdy in those days.

Tell me more about your latest Pokemon go excursions… Have you met anybody who actually likes you yet?

anti-slide