Malaysian Government To Goldman Sachs: Pay Us $7.5 Billion And We Will Drop Criminal Charges

The Malaysian government has a message for Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon: Your disingenuous, blame-deflecting apology for Goldman's role in one of the biggest financial frauds ever perpetrated in Asia isn't going to cut it.

According to Bloomberg, Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng told reporters on Friday that Malaysian prosecutors might consider dropping the criminal charges brought last month against the bank, several Asian subsidiaries and two of its employees (who have also been indicted in the US) if the bank agrees to pay back the total amount that the Malaysian government believes was looted during the fraud.

That amount? A staggering $7.5 billion.

"Goldman Sachs should understand the agony and the trauma suffered by the Malaysian people as a result of the 1MDB scandal," Lim said in the administrative capital of Putrajaya. "An apology is just not sufficient. Not enough. There must be the necessary reparations and compensations."

Earlier this week, Solomon apologized to the Malaysian people during an earnings call with analysts, where he blamed senior banker Tim Leissner (who is now believed to be cooperating with federal authorities to testify about the bank's "culture of corruption") for the scandal and claimed Malaysia was “defrauded by many individuals" who - as was implied - just happened to work at Goldman Sachs.

Lim characterized Solomon's apology as "insufficient", presumably because media reports have revealed that senior Goldman execs, including former CEO Lloyd Blankfein blithely ignored concerns raised by the bank's compliance department and did everything in their power to court Malaysia's business (Blankfein himself was involved in several meetings with then-Prime Minister Najib Razak, who is now awaiting trial on corruptoin charges, and fugitive financier Jho Low, who is believed to have masterminded the scheme).

Goldman earned $600 million in fees on the $6.5 billion in bonds it underwrote for 1MDB, which was launched by Razak as a sovereign wealth fund intended to fund public works projects.

archive.fo/ZNoG0
zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-18/malaysia-offers-drop-goldmans-1mdb-charges-if-bank-pays-75-billion-fine

Attached: Malaysian Government To Goldman Sachs.jpg (900x540, 43.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

n3t.host/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jho_Low
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: THE PRESIDENT.webm (464x268, 765.72K)

Yah, I wasn't very fond with a lot of his cabinet picks either to be honest and YES I did vote for him. I've said many times Donald is another Zionist, although unfortunately we had no better choice. It was him or Hell on Earth Hillary Wicked Witch of Benghazi and hell no with that.

>(((Goldman Sachs))) CEO (((David Solomon)))
HA AH AH AHA AHA AHA AH AH HA
Get rekt, kikes. Your holohoax meme has no power over muzzie gooks

I was thinking the same. Now the US government could learn a thing or two from the Malaysian government. If only we had leadership like that, God forbid right?

Clearly impressed by anyone who carries the title of president… or even dear leader.

Malaysia must be lucky to have a government like that who is able to stand up to these big banking kikes.

(((China))) and (((Bankers))) trying to double team some little country and they decide not to take it lying down. the west can learn a lot from these guys .

He'll be assassinated soon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU KNOW JACK SHIT ABOUT MUDLAYSIA

They're some of the most corrupted pieces of shit in the world, second only to niggers.

You think they're gonna redistribute the wealth back once they got it? It'll be used to line to pockets of the ministers as usual.

I support Malaysia in this action regarding the closure of imdb's comment section. part of the internet truly died that day. now imdb is hardly anything.

I build for china

China will grow larger

Couldn't care less what they do with the money as long as the kikes get btfo. Would you find that "problematic"?

These guys have been conquered before. Asia stronk is not just a meme.

It won't "btfo the kikes" you retarded mongoloid, corrupt officials in third world countries always spend their ill gotten wealth on jewish owned companies and products.

Sound to me like your desperate for goldman sachs to be protected. Why would that be?

The only way to win is not to play the game at all. Once people realize voting doesn't matter, the entire house of cards becomes an openly illegitimate Broadway play. Coming to the conclusion "We had to pick one!" is a defeatist mentality even were it the case that your vote did count.

A disenfranchised citizenry is the only method of fomenting grass roots, patriotic liberalism(See: George Washington) that seeks to dissolve the status quo and distill from it a desirable social system. It's the only thing in history that has ever garnered these results.
That said, the American power structure will not simply keel. It will seek the most effective method to maintain its structure, including the potentiality for excision. It will instill in it's people, by all means, whatever is necessary to reiterate upon itself.
Therefore, the ONLY OPTION the most POWERFUL intelligence conglomeration the world will likely ever see is to disenfranchise it's citizenry, run demoralization campaigns against it's own population, instill the reasons for which and justify the enactment of violence, perpetrate dissolution of social harmony, feign boogeymen to which it appears elected representatives are allied to, and otherwise just make a right fucking mess of everything.
You want people to stand up and do what's right? You gotta stand up and make them believe everything is wrong, enough so they would lay down their lives to make it better.

You think you could do that, Zig Forums? Could you become what you hate for the sake of saving everything you love? Look in this man's eyes, do you see a defeated liberal zombie? I see uncompromising rage, and a self loathing so viscous it binds up his every compartmentalized thought. This is one of the main men responsible for GamerGate, a movement that took several thousand sedentary, depressed NEETs with absolutely no motivation towards sociality, let alone social structures, and turned them into one of the most effective "grass roots" political movements to date.
t. The CIA

Attached: mcintosh.jpg (239x200, 18.95K)

What comes around goes around.
the Asians are exploiting the weakness of the 2004-2009 calamity the the hooknose banks did to them back then.
They know the Whites will take their side. They are making Tactful and correct moves.
The Vulture Smells the death of the Kike… Like Clockwork

Attached: 123146.jpeg (480x480, 125.87K)

This, its just one group of corrupt assholes fighting with another group of corrupt assholes, the people just get the pleasure of paying for it.

Good point

n3t.host/

nope.

this

Malaysian financier Jho Low is the alleged mastermind of the plot, in which essentially he convinced the Malaysian government to sell billions of dollars in bonds to establish the 1MDB fund, then bribed those officials with some of that money so he could steal the rest. Goldman underwrote $6.5 billion in bond sales, and pocketed $600 million in fees.

Who at Goldman knew what and when is still unclear. At least one other high-ranking Goldman executive, identified by the Wall Street Journal as Andrea Vella, is alleged to have helped Leissner evade Goldman’s internal controls. He was not indicted, but was stripped of his responsibilities as co-head of Asian banking and placed on leave, according to the journal.

Low is believed to be keeping a low profile in China

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jho_Low

I read the article and it appears to me that this grand old financial institution, Goldman-Sachs, is as much a victim as the Malaysian gov. of this Lo fellow

eh

not voting
soyboys

I understand what you guys are trying to say but not participating in the world in some way will not make the problems go away. Either kill some fuckers or vote.

Attached: Dunning-Kruger effect trump first words.jpg (1200x1200, 336.55K)

wew, I guess the legends are true, the left really can't meme

Attached: 0ffe093b5d95ddd76bf156db32f7a2b694fc62db24923517e5ad1490d8820f46.jpg (902x600, 123.13K)

Attached: f-for-fake-trump.jpg (465x644, 83.02K)

Digging up some old shit in desperation eh Hymie? I demand to speak to your manager.

Swinehounds one unt all