Did God reveal himself to the Indo-Europeans before the Israelites?

Did God reveal himself to the Indo-Europeans as Dyeus Phter (Sky Father)? The Romans worshiped him as Jupiter, the Greeks worshiped him as Zeus, the Germans worshiped him as Thor, the Hindus worshiped him as Dyaus Pitr. Was this God?

Attached: Jupiter_et_Thétis_-_Ingres,_1811.jpg (497x600, 75.44K)

No. All you need to do is look at the attributes of those gods to see its not the case.

No. That's something all religions have, they try to make a semblance of Christianity somehow.

No, but I think there are perhaps some revealations in the works such as the Mahabharata.

Israelites still became pagans even with YHWH around and they introduced many false traits into him. Who's to say the Indo-Europeans didn't do the same over time, especially as they got farther and farther apart. You know they're probably descendants of Japheth, right?

No, if you believe in scripture. You could say all civilizations once knew God since all came from shared ancestors (and I think there's a reason so many cultures have a flood story).. but an actual relationship with God doesn't really start until Abraham. God called him out of Sumeria (which had many gods), and had him create a breakaway civilization…which would eventually fix the world through Jesus.

Legend has it (in Jubilees, I think?) that Abraham's father Terah was a Sumerian priest and made idols. A young Abraham caused a ruckus by destroying the idols and trying to argue that it was all nonsense. It was only later that God called him - and he had nothing to do with the idols Abraham previously destroyed.

Yes. God is just so he wouldn't pick only the jews to be saved. I believe the whole "chosen people" meme is the corruption of the alliance that God made with the jews, and they aren't actually chosen at all. They chose themselves so that they have a sense of justification for whatever evil crap they do next.
But by their fruits you'll know them. Jesus gave us the words and faith to defeat evil.

It was the Romans who equated Thor with Jupiter. Etymologically Týr (Tiwaz) is the cognate to Dyeus Pter.

No

Is there any evidence of monotheism among the PIE?

God has nothing to do with puny pagan idols who couldn't even control their human-like desires.
If any pepole/religion other than the israelites had received at least a partial revelation it would be zoroastrianism, but it's still imperfect.
God chose the israelites because they were the most treacherous and sinful people on Earth afaik so it would show that:
1. Salvation and holiness is a gift from God, not something you can gain through your own actions, strenght and virtues
2. God can bring out holiness in even the most wretched individuals

God reveals himself in his own way to everyone.

"My people perish for lack of knowledge."
Read the scriptures. Don't make things up based on your feelings. Either that, or stop being a Christian.

I'm sorry if you're dying.
Whose people are we talking about here?

If you're a Christian, and now start saying God is revealing himself to everyone, then I have to wonder why be a Christian at all. "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

The label God has been relegated to a massive imaginary friend now instead of the Biblical God and it disturbs me.

Does mean the Father doesn't come to you. What is it with your kind of people and your superiority complex?

Depends on your imagination.

Fun fact: you can accept Jesus abd still follow advaita vedanta.
And buddhism.
And islam.

Careful though. Are you a perrenialist?

this is sarcasm, right?

Doubt
Absolutely not

Attached: did_someone_mention_kebab.jpg (1280x720, 97.41K)

God revealed himself to like, everybody by way of Noah. Everybody pretty much lost this faith of Noah until Abraham was entrusted in keeping it then it was revealed through the incarnation and crucifixion and resurrection.

Bump for interest. Seeing as how history played out with only Indo-Europeans being good Christians, and Jews being the Synagogue of Satan, it seems to me unreasonable that God would reveal himself to the Jews but not to the Indo-Europeans.
I'm not a pagan, but there must be a link somewhere.

Attached: perun-a-klimenko.jpg (474x706, 82.48K)

I don't know what that is, but I seek wisdom in other religions, besides christianity.

No.

/care
'kay

I know a few muslims who accept Jesus as a prophet, one of them even said he believed him to be the son of God, but he is afraid of conversion.

*with only gentiles being good Christians
ftfy

Gentiles means nations. Given David's ruddy features and the Spartans being Israelites (Maccabees) and Europeans fulfilling the prophecies of Israel and embracing Christianity I think it's safe to say the Europeans are the modern Israelites. So there's that connection to the Hebrew God. Don't confuse me for CI though. I still believe anyone of any race can become Christian as long as they aren't a heretic. Job whom God loved was an Edomite and God even promised Cain He would look favorably upon him if he did good works.

Checkem

I think you're pushing too hard on the Spartans being Israelites and implying of taking Job literally.

what's the alternative? It's a book of prose

How so?
“Arius king of the Spartans to Onias the high priest, greeting. It is found in writing concerning the Spartans, and the Jews, that they are brethren, and that they are of the stock of Abraham.”
1 Machabees 12:20-21

How do you interpret Job? Do you think it's a folk story? Not trying to attack your beliefs or anything.

Lol

You just answered your own question.

Lol. Just realized you implied I put God on the level on an imaginary friend.
Racial faith is bull. It's arrogant, meaningless and destructive.
I don't know about the Spartans and Hebrews being "related" by some document, I doubt it's true, but I really don't even care.
And I interpret Job for what it is, a man in a crisis of faith because of unjust judgement by God himself, drawn by the devil, yet proving the later wrong. I think it's a profound work of theological literature and I couldn't care less if it's fiction or not since it wouldn't lessen its worth either way.

Nah sounds like biased haughtiness and pseudohistory on your part and probably another attempt at d&c.
Where are the Indo-Iranian Christians, and why did the entirety of Europe not convert till the high middle ages.
What would people not linguistically related have to do with Israel.
The conversion of gentiles is precisely what the bible speaks about.

what do you think prose means?

There are lots of linguistic connections. English has distant connections to Paleo-Hebrew. Some ancient Northern languages share pictographs. There's plenty of evidence if you aren't so closed minded.

Attached: 61M0maouwUL.jpg (1000x1500, 112.42K)

So what you're saying mediteranian languages have common roots?
lol

You're closed minded if you assume the bible to be specifically referring to Europeans because it said "ruddy".
That book is known pseud gibberish.
Might as well reject the classification of Indo-European if you believe it.

Noah knew God and so did his descendants by tradition. They called him sky father but their understanding of him was corrupted over time and demons replaced it.