Is it possible to become a Priest but to still watch anime...

Is it possible to become a Priest but to still watch anime? Would you still have respect for your parish Priest if you learned they were a big K-ON! fan?

Attached: 1515521789685.jpg (764x1080, 268.12K)

Depends. Is he a Reifag or asukafag?

Attached: 67857467687.jpg (384x550, 60.47K)

Honestly you can probably tell what could go wrong. If you watch anime with fanservice you're sinning, etc.
Otherwise, no.

Oh by the way I believe you'd need to buy the anime instead of pirating it

I don't know about priests. Not much material that would help their reputation.
Although I was surprised to recently learn that Yoko Kanno grew up Catholic.. and it shaped some of her musical tastes.

Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

No infact Id report him to the bishop for suspected homosexuality. 0 tolerance to anime fags

Padre Brendon has the correct opinion: Misatofag.

No. It's childish and cringey.

Priests are supposed to be men, they're fathers to their parish and community. The problem with the modern world is that there's a lack of men. Every guy is a manchild, nobody takes responsibility, women and children become disobedient and self destructive, and society crumbles. The purpose of a man is to sacrifice himself for his family, people, and nation, when a man lives solely for himself and sensual pleasures he becomes an abomination

I'd have to strike up some conversation with him for once if that were the case.

Not a story about a priest, but there was a time when a family member of mine was entering a monastery so I got to attend mass and go to feasts there, and another family member of mine was given some anime on blue-ray by the prior as a gift. Priests also watch TV, so there's no reason they can't watch anime.

Yes, because anime is a cartoon from Japan and theres nothing inherently bad about it.
Sage for retarded thread polluted by baptists

idk, i only watch because it helps with the crushing loneliness, and i'd like to think a priest should have better ways of coping with that.

Attached: 1486584638165.jpg (1280x1280, 225.37K)

No, sodomites are not allowed to be priests

Thing is, a priest should have better to do and try to let loose from materialism (including Tv-shows).
It's not forbidden nor sinful for a priest to do so however.

K-ON? not so much.
Clannad? Sure.

Its hard enough trying to reach to the weaboos while theyre jerking off 5 times a day while watching some scantily clad 2D thot.

While it is obvious that anime in general is rife with filth, there are small gems that can help its reputation, Clannad "after story" being one of them.

Attached: u1934hf.jpg (1280x1024, 482.74K)

Guess this is as good a place as any to post this. Spoilering due to cleavage but is otherwise wholesome.

Attached: 47d875a61fa2b97fc1fd0cdb8b93b0784ad14c8353d71a8536253d1ff08eaa16.png (850x1200, 1.07M)

Lol no. In my country only weaboos watch it. It's childish, some of it (not all of course) promotes sexualizing children.
Priests should have a more valuable pasttime activity.
Also if you ask "can I be a priest if I still X" how serious are you about the priesthood to even ask those questions.
Seems like a bait tbh

I f*cking hate anime, it's effiminate and it's sinful for sure. Be a man, grow a beard, exercise, find a job.

That was from another thread, fixed it now.

Attached: 10607.jpg (392x500 42.63 KB, 111.53K)

beards just make you look like an effeminate hipster now. Clean-shaven shows social respectability and, thus, manliness

lel

Attached: shcm-3NDNzSMq79HXsfXT7pRYAaoZfOUHKA1pemnu8o.jpg (500x375 41.44 KB, 99.73K)

Go spam your gay bara fetish elsewhere.

I don't even know what that is. You need to repent.

It really depends on the person. One can have a beard and still look like a faggot or be clean shaved and still look manly

Attached: Otto skorzeny.jpg (640x640 17.88 KB, 54.23K)

lol

Attached: 1539335038883-0.mp4 (480x360, 5.46M)

No, and stop posting this blasphemous mockery of an icon.

Supporting moral relativism is a must for social respectability. Not very manly.

Men conform to the Natural Order, it's women who conform to men.
Are you a woman? No insult, actually curious.

If you have any proper theology behind that complaint, I'll delete that image form my folder.

this.

Attached: 168e96f14410e56acfc47bd23307e3560f3c5981935e357c25ec3482fd1e895e.jpg (954x1362, 414.18K)

The soyfags ruined beard for me. Most guys I see with beard look like faggots around me while most masculine men are clean shaven.

Its just anime, as long as they dont sin its a valid art form

This is pretty much another version of "is anime degenerate". Which I'd have to say, for the most part yes. #notall obviously. But these days finding a wholesome anime is… about as hard as finding any wholesome entertainment in the current year. So yeah, I guess liking anime isn't that bad. Just doen't be a weeb

Going through discernment and seminary and becoming a priest can take almost a decade. If by the end of that process you're still wagering with God about whether or not it's ok to watch Chinese cartoons despite the potential for scandal you need to step back and re-think your life.

This tbh.
I got a beard and long hair now, but I'd look pussy-ass without one and long hair.
On the other hand, I still look like a hipster because of the trend.

Men would sacrifice themselves for women and children because their partner, given to them by God's good grace would support him and do her part. Now the majority of women seem hellbent on crippling men. They respect not their husbands, they treat children as accessories and welfare checks, they practice insane levels of hedanism, they've no respect fopr respting their bodies.

In short, what's there left to sacrificew yourself for? Assuming complimentarianism, if your other half is brainwashed and intent on ruining you and civilization; with the power of the government at her back. Why should you sacrifice yourself for nothing?

As far as I'm concerned, a collapse is coming. Sacrificng yourself for nothing and allowing evil to continue existing is in itself evil. Whilst I don't give two shits about what other's think of me, nor do I let other's control me through pride (i.e. "you're not a man unless you do X"), I do believe it's better to reach out to other men in an attempt to try and strethen them for the modern world.

That or marry some thrice-divorced welfare sponge (not saying there aren't good women, they're just an very small minority).

Of course not! Part of the ordination process they hook you up to a polygraph. Then they say: "Asuka is trash. Rei is trash, Misato is trash too. Hikari is definitely trash. Best girl is Maya. Yes, you heard me, Maya is best girl." If you show any reaction at all other than mild confusion, then you're immediately burned at the stake.

Proof that the Jesuits are heretics.

You'll have a seriously hard road user. Not just anime, either. Nerd product in general. It's all mentally disfiguring.

"Fandom" is like a corrosive drug for the psyche. It isn't like normal fiction. 99% of these works are not designed to delve into the human condition or comment on existence in a meaningful way that enriches us. These IPs are designed to be product. Saleable goods. If they're better than trash it's a happy accident. The prime directives for both otaku and western fan culture are preoccupy you with concern for imaginary friends, lightly titillate your sexual desires, and fill up your brain with USELESS fan trivia shit. In other words, to twist your healthy social drive into consumer behavior.

Even if your congregation never finds out you like X or Y, they'll know something lacks in you. You'll seem that much more aspy, and less of a real adult to them.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK THIS IS WHAT THE PRIESTHOOD NEEDS RIGHT NOW user??

Attached: trancetrancedegeneration.png (1000x1310, 370.17K)