Was Jesus black?

So a Hebrew Israelite street preacher told me these verses prove Jesus and the Israelites were black. He told me I am Edomite scum going to hell because my ancestors destroyed black civilization. Seriously though how should I respond because he preachers there every day and I want to use the Bible to disprove him. Thanks Zig Forums.

Attached: 551542cfeb124398ed63474f3848880d.jpg (494x626, 53.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

michaelsheiser.com/TheNakedBible/1 Cor11 head covering testicle.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i doubt it. although there are plenty of ethiopian jews who are black, but jesus was in judea.

It doesnt matter.

t. white nationalist

He was brown but probably the color and hair texture of, say, a Turk.
He wasn’t white in the Aryan sense but was caucasoid most likely.

Don't see how they prove that Jesus was black. Pretty nice shitpost though.

Why?

He was Galilean, so no, he was not "black". He looked more Mediterranean or Levantine.

Yep totally black. No question about it.

Attached: F1F079B6-700B-4709-A025-9A00DD5C5C08.jpeg (600x448, 82.23K)

For the record, I believe the Shroud of Turin is real. And what Pantokrator icons were based off of. I think there's a reason why the images we have of Jesus are so similar.

His physical appearance doesn't matter, Jesus was God
Tell him to stop lying

What difference does it make?
He could be polkadot neon blue and it wouldn't make a lick of difference to me.

I think some of these Black Israelite believers were once just normal Christians, so it's sad to me. Teachers have poisoned their minds.
It's almost like Rastafarianism with me, somewhat. Which also has an Afrocentric, alternative/conspiratorial view of history (funnily, Bob Marley actually renounced it at the end of his life and converted to Orthodox church).

If it was limited to Jesus, very little. But like the OP said, it leds to bitterness and baseless attacks on normal people.. even fellow believers. So that's a big difference that it makes.

It says His "hair" was white. Also, the ruddyness of David and also other biblical figures should be seen as talking about reddness from the ground and not the European type red we see today.

This, everyone on this board always outs themselves as a racist in some way without even noticing it. I bet there would be a mass apostasy in Zig Forums Christian board if it did so happen to be that Jesus was black or ethioid. But this would actually be good since it would seperate the wheat from chaff then we'll see who the true Christians are and who are just in it because they think it supports their extreme right wing agenda.

This is what Christ looked like. Christ had three gentile ancestors: Ruth, Rahab, and Bathsheba. One of them might have had Gaelic ancestry, considering how large the Gallic empire was in it's prime.

Attached: image9.png (413x290, 223.56K)

There are read heads allover the world, in Central Asia, in North Africa, in the Caucasus, and in the Middle East.

On a sidenote, it's kind of interesting that in the ancient Egyptian mind, an Asiatic (or Israelite) was depicted as a redhead. So even to the darker Egyptians, they knew that the Israelites were different looking.

The famous discovery of the mysterious sculpture at Avaris especially is depicted this way. He was originally buried in his own small pyramid (unthinkable for an outsider), with this statue in place. In traditional biblical chronology, it lines up pretty well with one particular Israelite who rose to power in Egypt. He just so happened to have a coat of many colors in scripture like this one.

Attached: images.jpg (76x257, 5.72K)

Jesus did not have long hair

The "shroud of turin" doesn't match the scriptural witness of a separate cloth around Christ's head

How does that fit with Paul's appeal to nature, which pervades culture?

That's because Paul was arguing to Greeks. Had nothing to do with how Judeans/Israelite Jews thought of hair.

In Greek thought, they strangely thought that hair was like a counterpart to "testicles" for a woman. No kidding! So to them, it was shameful/weird for man to emulate the look (and also shameful for a woman to not cover or tie it up.. as it's a form of nakedness).

michaelsheiser.com/TheNakedBible/1 Cor11 head covering testicle.pdf

And if it was so shameful to men in Jewish thought, then one of their most sanctified group of men (Nazarites) wouldn't have had long hair… or stories of Samson's strength being tied to it! Secondly, if it was so shameful, then Jews to this day wouldn't have locks on their sides.

P.S. I couldn't edit, so I deleted and reposted this with some additions. Sorry.

Samson and anyone else who took a Nazarite vow were exceptionally permitted to have long hair
Your article offers an explanation that it's not an imperative for women to wear the veil, but doesn't seem to contest the claim that men should have short hair

An autopsy on Ramses' mummy claimed his hair had natural red pigmentation.

The point is that the Greek world (Paul's audience) viewed hair differently…like literal testicles for women. It's up there with their other wonky ideas, like "humours". Hence, it was wrong for men to have long hair….in that strange context.

Yes there are redheads all over although quite rare. However in ancient Greek writings red was used to describe strawberry blonde as well as probably actual redheads, and very likely chestnut as well. Red/ruddiness as a descriptive term was likely influenced by peoples surroundings, in the case of the Levant a reddish brown sandy color was probable and like the post you're respond to is right its is not the vivid red of the Irish we see today.