Sermon on the mount

How do you counter people saying the sermon on the mount proves Christianity is cucked? Even if turn the other cheek meant something else than people use it to mean today, there are lots of verses in the sermon that sound like they are preaching weakness and cuckoldry. What arguments do you use to counter this?

Attached: 9v273fchynx11.jpg (665x767, 59.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readjourneymagazine.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=828:meek-like-a-warhorse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

readjourneymagazine.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=828:meek-like-a-warhorse

Might is not right.
Mercifulness, care, love and humidity are right.
That's what killed paganism.

If they think that 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 is the definition of cuckoldry, then let them be. Why do you have to care about the silly things people believe in, do not throw pearl before the swines.

If that's cuckery than I'm a proud cuck.

Christian soldiers is literally what killed paganism. What are you talking about?

It was our preaching that killed paganism. There were no Christian states in roman times.

A lot of words that are familiar to us from the King James have a very different meaning in the original Greek:

As for turn the other cheek, it’s obvious to anyone who isn’t being an ass and over-literalizing stuff that it just means don’t start shit if someone is harassing you. 9 times out of 10, it will blow over.

The Germanic pagans were converted by force. Passive Christianity was such an utter failure at gaining power in Rome that an angel had to pull a deus ex machina and tell Constantine to convert for it to gain political power. The martyrs didn’t help squat. They just make for a useful victim narrative. In practice, taking it like a bitch just doesn’t work.

Well the apostles did convert a considerable number of people beforehand, keep in mind it became mostly gentile religion, but yeah I too could agree on it not "killing" pagansim directly.
As for non-Christian beliefs it's not like they're all stereotypically hedonist. The Indic concept of ahimsa entails doing no harm and having compassion.

That's because pussing out is human nature. It's universal. Islam is far more cucked than you're led to believe too. Being brave and standing up for yourself comes from life experience. Only extremely winnie the poohed up people don't have an innate sense of empathy.

I love the sermon on the mount because of how thoroughly it condemns virtue signalers.

Because of context.
When Christ tells us to turn the other cheek, He is telling us not to engange in a self destructive spiral of revenges because of small offences, like a slap in the face. And you should not confuse vengeance and justice.
If they are talking about literal cuckness:
It's not hard to understand at all, but some people just want excuses to insult Christianity.

Attached: 1530742665891-1.jpg (758x1290, 771.38K)

Heresy. Christ banned illicit marriages, as they were never licit to begin with; whomever re-marries without the death of the spouse in a consummated marriage between two baptized christians commits adultery.

Assuming the woman is Mary, who are the two little kids?

Christ and St. John the Baptist, probably

I'm fairly certain the consensus on this text means to double down rather than attack your opponent. I'm reminded of 1 Kings 22:24-25 whenever I hear about turning the other cheek, you should check it out.

These were humiliations to be given to your aggressors through longsuffering and humility.

You can avoid evil, and you can 'resist' evil, but do not struggle with it. Do not come to blows. Render not evil unto evil.
Your vengeance is in God's hands, not your own.
Grit yourself and prepare for more. As general advice.
Two things here.
If someone backhands you -it's insulting- but you're fine, largely. Prepare yourself, and don't stoop to their level.
It was a cultural thing that upper classes would backhand the lower ones, and you only struck with the one hand. You can only backhand one side of the face with the one hand. If you turned the other cheek, they had to punch you like an equal.
Either way, if you punch back you'll get arrested for brawling in CURRENT YEAR.
If someone sues you for the shirt off your back, give him your jacket also.
I've been told this is a somewhat obtuse cultural thing, where landlords had to give the cloak back or something.
I get a "if they want it so bad, give them the rest too" kind of feeling from this. This is one of those 'heaping humiliations' kind of things.
Ye olde 'go the extra mile'
This was apparently in reference to how roman soldiers could make civilians carry their packs for a mile, but only a mile. It was illegal to make them carry it further. Thus, going the extra mile there would have the soldier asking for the pack back so he wouldn't get in trouble.
If someone comes up to you and spews bile and hate in your face, tell them that God made him special and loves him very much.
Do hard things.
God loves everyone. You're the ambassador of God on this earth. Do you think you're supposed to stop loving people when it's not easy?

Who is talking about remarriage, brother?
And the words are not mine, but Christ's.

Is Christ Himself a heretic now?

Attached: pope.gif (480x270, 5.93M)

The words are in translation, friend. Christ did not permit re-marriage for the cause of fornication, He banned it completely. Christ did not speak the Word in English, so your English translation must step aside to the authority of the Vulgate and LXX.

You are the heretic, if you claim Christ proclaimed something He did not.

It's in the Bible, Matthew 5:32. Is it quoting the Bible a heresy now?
And I never said he did, nor does the verse I quoted. But He allows to put your wife away if she fornicates. That's my point.
Are you illiterate?

Are you a fool? The Greek, which the Gospel is written in, does not use the word for "Adultery", it used the more generalized word for "Sexual Immorality". Had Christ meant to loosen the marriage bond upon adultery, He would have done so.

He did not, and you are guilty of preaching adultery and death if you spread your error.

I don't care at all except for the fact alot of churches are cucked because of interracial marriages, weak theology, and support of turning the other cheek for barbarians.

No, but you are bearing false witness. How, by simply quoting the KJV, am I preching adultery?
Isn't infidelity sexual imorality? If your wife is cheating on you, you can divorce her. Simple as that. I didn't even touch on the subject of remarriage (which I am against) on my first post and I don't see how you came to the conclusion I am preching remarriage.
Read carefully before accusing me of something I am not doing, and caling me a heretic.