Does God torture people in hell? Just saw this discussion on /islam/ and was curious what Zig Forums thought

Does God torture people in hell? Just saw this discussion on /islam/ and was curious what Zig Forums thought.
I'm not sure what to believe, but I think "punishment" in hell is self-inflicted, like grief and sadness over the evil one has done and what was lost. Like we get an healthy conscience instead of a fallen one.

Attached: islam torture.jpg (949x613, 126.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_BSuZ753SL4&t=54s
blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/the-river-of-fire-kalomiros/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, God does not torture anyone. Why would the God who literally endured torture and died on the cross out of His love for you ever torture you? Doesn't make any sense.

Hell is the lack of God. That alone is hell… and who you're with doesn't make it any better.

Another point of view is that it is an abundance of God's love, not a lack. The reason it is experienced as painful is due to a person's rejection and hatred of God.

Revelation 14
That leads me to believe the torture of Hell is conducted in the presence of God and his angels, it’s not some “lack of God” as some people say.

Who's doing the torturing?

Many people just simply hate God, even if it's not explicit, they hate the truth and logos in their hearts. There will be gnashing of teeth when this world passes away and Christ reigns eternally, the ways of this world will be destroyed forever.

Attached: 3563453.jpg (333x500, 52.72K)

That kind of strict interpretation is turning God into a Stalker and a Sadist.
And why would it be heaven for anyone to sit around there listening……indefinitely? Maybe the sickos here on Zig Forums get off on 24/7 snuff vids, but that wouldn't be "heaven" for any Christian.

Presence in this sense could just mean Vindication for all to see.. of God having the final word, of showing a clear victor and judgement for all time.

this honestly.

imagine richard dawkins in hell: it is a man who has "you aren't" being faced with the greatest "I AM", and losing the argument.

such a thing must be the most unbearable of hells for such an arrogant person.

Please explain

According to that view Hell is a state of being, not a place, it is only referred to as a place metaphorically. That state of being is rejecting God's love which engulfs you like a flame.

God is omnipresent. I don’t think people in Heaven will have to deal with it

I get that and it makes perfect sense but how does it tie into scripture?

Not sure -__-

vid related

youtube.com/watch?v=_BSuZ753SL4&t=54s

lmao

The truth is, OP, we don't know precise details – ergo the debate in here. What is clear is that God condemns, and God will pour out His wrath. Whether that fulfills the "torture" definition is kinda meaningless semantics to those enduring hell for eternity.

#the_absolute_state_of_this_board

Your logic bears no relevance to what God will or will not do.

trips mean it must be true

It's drawing a long bow to say that "God is torturing" from that passage, but then we get into semantics: I say torture is the active act of someone on another to cause pain; pouring out fire and brimstone onto the condemned, an unquenchable fire, means AN act is undertaken with consequences that are eternal.

Frankly, you ought to answer this guy

Attached: spiritual-blindness.jpg (402x600, 26.19K)

don't hashtag me bro, what's wrong with what I said?

This, those verses about God's judgement and wrath are clearly just artistic license.

blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/the-river-of-fire-kalomiros/

Attached: 36848839[1].jpg (299x475, 35.31K)

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."
Matthew 25:41

Probably one of the easiest way to tell a false faith is if they do not believe in hell; clearly they are just selecting what they want to believe at their own pleasure instead of holding to the whole truth.

Also God doesn't reach down from heaven to torture people in hell, the devils and unending fires already there do the job just fine. Such a thing would not be hell, as God is far too beautiful to behold, it would be too great a pleasure. Not even a drop of water will be for their tongue, as it is said in Luke 16:24.

"So he cried out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. For I am in agony in this fire.’ But Abraham answered, ‘Child, remember that during your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things. But now he is comforted here, while you are left to suffer. And besides all this, a great chasm has been fixed between us and you, so that even those who wish cannot cross from here to you, nor can anyone cross from there to us.’ "

Hell is not only biblical but a central part of the faith. If you do not maintain and affirm that hell does in fact exist, you are a heretic of the most serious condemnation. As you would not hold the true faith but a corrupted one, and thereby are severed from the church outside of which there is no salvation, you who do not believe in hell to my knowledge will not be saved.

Attached: 1542313806558.jpg (526x400, 37.15K)

*you who maintain that hell does not exist

I don't think devils torture people in hell either, they're tortured with us. I don't perceive it as literal fire either, either in hell or purgatory. As weird as it sounds, I believe that souls that are lost are tortured by their own confusion and pain of existence. However, souls in purgatory still have the will to better themselves to be fit for an eternal life with God while those in hell are just going to be lost forever.

None of this is very biblical, but you just gotta guess how things work when it's not written. All there is written is the most and only important thing, which is that damnation should be avoided. But it's a kind of fun to speculate I guess.

pretty heretical opinion