Are they in Heaven? I know they didn't believe in God, but they were virtuous men

Are they in Heaven? I know they didn't believe in God, but they were virtuous men.

Attached: images(14).jpg (500x232, 25.89K)

I'll assume you're new to Christianity.
Being new isn't good enough. If being good was enough, God Himslef in the person of the Son would not have come to Earth to die as a sacrifice, having done nothing wrong, and been resurrected to prove that what He claimed was true.

1. They believed in God
2. Christ preached the gospel to the souls in Hades, so it's possible they are in heaven if they accepted the gospel.

How is screwing little boys and arguing for slavery any kind of virtue?

Plato definitely higher up than Socrates and WAY ahead of Aristotle.

If you go by beard length, Socrates is the best philosopher, out of the three.

Not yet to be certain, not before the rapture.

Plato's is slightly longer

To them who undertake Greek studies not only for purposes of education but also follow after their vain opinions, and are so thoroughly convinced of their truth and validity that they shamelessly introduce them and teach them to others, sometimes secretly and sometimes openly,

Anathema (3)

To them who of themselves refashion creation by means of mythical fabrications and accept the Platonic ideas as veritable, saying that matter, being self-subsistent, is given form by these ideas, and who thereby clearly calumniate the free will of the Creator Who brought all things into being out of non-being and Who, as Maker, established the beginning and end of all things by His authority and sovereignty,

Anathema (3)

What about invencible ignorance?

Vanity and pride.
You shame yourself as a false teacher and reveal yourself as an utter fool.

"No one comes to the Father except through me."

You think to lock away God by trying to hide against Christ, defiling scripture with your own vanity of interpretation. Truly, a King among devils.
You're a selfish fool and nothing less than the greatest of sinners.

You buffoon, those are Christ's own words. He is the only way to Heaven.

You read those words and you have no idea what they mean. You'd rather lift yourself than humble yourself by them.
You know not Christ's ways of humility and service, only the ways of thoughtless lordship and vain praise of vain things

Oh, and I'm sure you, the non-Christian, know what Christ meant better than His followers. Go back to reddit NuMale.

This.

I'm the false teacher for simply quoting the Synodikon, which has existed for 1500 years and believed, more or less, by billions of Christians through history? What rock have you been under?

And yet somehow.. faggots and heathens are the ones preaching the truth?

And what am I but a NuMale reddit.
Ask yourself what would Christ tell you for demeaning others for what, exactly?

You know exactly what you are, hypocrite, lest you are either a fool or worse than the pharisees of the days of Christ.
It is not what you quote that is flawed, but your own understanding.

I don't know, I mean He called the Pharisees a brood of vipers. Now show me where He says that there is any other way to the Father other than Himself.

Attached: image.jpg (908x539, 91.86K)

Now I know you're a troll. I can't say it's very entertaining. And it's just straight up bizarre. The other troll posts here were better. Why pick Plato as the hill you want to die on? The Church has never approved of any of this. That was the Gnostics: the first major enemy of the church, outside Rabbinism.

Not sure about him going around screaming at everyone before but understanding what they're trying to say but listen:
Post has nothing to do with this thread. It applies to Platos followers, but might not apply to Plato himself because he may or may not inculpable ignorance, due to being born before Jesus Christ's death.

Plato very much has something to do with they said. The Synodikon is condemning his teaching of preexisting ideals. The Church teaches that God created out of nothing. Not that the universe is made from a "metaverse" of Eternal Ideas.

As for his followers, this is how the Gnostics eventually got their doctrine of Preexisting Souls and claimed to be part of God once.

user, that doesn't actually refute the argument I made.

Maybe yes, maybe no
Only God really knows

You're a fool. What is his way, what is He? You say the words you canno't grasp their meaning and instead use them to condemn instead of salvation.

Which Church does provide approval over the pure will of God? By your own doctrine you'd say no one is above Christ, but you blame me for telling that we are all under him. And yet your Church is still above us and equal to Christ?
Show me the true Church of God and I will show you how your own doctrine has made you into a slave.

Here you go, broken-English-poster.

Attached: Nicene creed.jpg (500x890, 102.16K)

You're telling me Plato had nothing to do with this, but merely his followers. But you can't seperate Plato from his actual teachings, can you? Because that is all I stated.

I don't filter people often, but when I do, it's faggots like you.

Attached: dosequis.jpg (284x177, 7.16K)

What is a creed when it is fornicated upon and taken for granted?

Oh woe is me.

No what I'm saying is that its not my argument.

Can someone translate this word salad?

Quick, someone post the hell-is-empty man

I remember reading somewhere(I think it was the Catholic Encyclopedia) that Christ only preached the Gospel to those in Abraham's Bosom. Is that true?

Not in the Christian God. God alone knows what happened to them, however.
But Platonism is not in any way compatible with Christianity, that's what we can know. They call God and "it" and Christians call God a "He" in Greek.
This is very stressed on Orthodoxy, that Logos is a "He" and not an abstraction like many sects think. Truth is a person, not a "thing".

Who is in hell is not something that's revealed to us, it's a mystery that's between that soul and God.

Answered your own question