Memes asides

Is this supposed to represent to Saint-Trinity ?

Attached: Zeldaa.jpg (600x520 115.94 KB, 307.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r4tHItL1xLs
youtube.com/watch?v=McKddLtjpUo
omniglot.com/conscripts/hylian.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would say no, considering I’m game it represents 3 goddesses (which probably comes from the developers Shinto-Buddhist-Hindu beliefs), and that even if they were male it would be more like tritheism then trinitarianism. However, if you Christianize it, sure.

How does each part of the Triforce represent thr Trinity?
Power - The Father
Wisdom - The Holy Spirit
Courage - The Son
?

He said they don't?

Quite possibly. In the concept art for the earlier games, Link was clearly depicted as a Christian warrior, inspired by Arthurian legend. This is clearly seen in other stuff like the master sword being the sword in the stone, etc. Stuff in Zelda lore like the 3 goddesses and whatnot only came about later on, once the world of Hyrule became more and more fleshed out in the later games.

But early on, the game was more or less inspired by medieval Christian tales of knights and chivalry. This isn't to say that anyone at Nintendo is a devout Christian, or that they really cared about Christ at all. They just see Christian knights as "heroic", and so based their hero character off of that.

Attached: link-crouching.jpg (600x788 43.59 KB, 100.4K)

Again, don't read too much into it, it's not as though Christianity was ever meant to be a central part of the lore or something. They just co-opted Christian imagery because it had the right "feel" for the world they wanted to create.

Well, the choice of three triangle as the symbol of LOGOS (which the TriForce represents in the world of Hyrule) is quite interesting, and the fact that older game refer to the "church" and "bible" like in the 4th's OP's pic.
Then, you are right that there isn't one god but several Gods, and it's maybe inspired by their beliefs. So maybe I think it's either a way to hide the Christian element of it (making it crypto-christian), or it's some kind of "fusion" with Christianity and their Asian beliefs.
See the creation of Hyrule here.
OOT: youtube.com/watch?v=r4tHItL1xLs
TP: youtube.com/watch?v=McKddLtjpUo
So I think that they definitely inspired themselves on Christianity, at least partially.

Attached: BigNose.png (1920x1003, 1.05M)

Memes aside, it matters zilch because it’s a video game.

Honestly, no.

Zelda post oot is ultimately a japanese nationalist fable dressed up in western clothing.

the triforce is evocative of the 3 imperial regalia – the sword kusanagi no tsurugi, the imperial jewel, and the imperial mirror. these three items allegedly are stored away in 3 shinto shrines across japan.

the hylian religion, although sometimes bearing resemblances to catholic imagery (temple of time, definitely looks like a cathedral), often works itself out as being similar to shinto. For instance, the hylians clearly believe in minor local deities such as the great fairies or the provincial guardian spirits like ordona, etc, introduced in TP. this is much like with the kami, and like the kami, these local deities are often associated with natural objects, such as trees, springs, etc.

further, din nayru and farore are not classically theistic deities. they are not necessary first causes. the creation narrative shows them arriving onto a scene of chaotic pre-existent material, with din making the first move to shape the earth with her "strong flaming arms", rather than actually creating the earth ex nihilo. thus, the three golden goddesses fall to the same defeat of every other pagan god: they are ultimately creatures. the story of arriving onto a pre-existent world and then forming the land mirrors izanami and izanagi's arrival from heaven unto the sea, into which they drop water from a lance, causing the islands of japan to form.

even further, we can see a major parallel with amaterasu and the imperial cult in the form of hylia and the hylian royal family, who claim that their daughters are descended from hylia inasmuch as the japanese emperor claims that he is descended from amaterasu. we'll even be able to note that action is not performed in the name of the golden goddesses, but rather at the behest of the hylian line, which mirrors the fact that the japanese revere amaterasu and the emperor far more than izanami and izanagi, who are regarded as fickle birth and death deities nowadays (this fickleness being shown to us in allegory in the flood poured out on hyrule in WW).

overall, zelda is a shinto story. it's gods are ambivalent and fickle, suffer theological flaws, and are legion in number. they are not much better than the gods of the japanese or indeed the greeks, whom justin martyr call demons that men serve out of terror alone.

It represents the three sentence way to spot new posters:
1. Newfags
2. Can't
3. Triforce

▲ ▲

user, I…

as a back in the day gamer and old time zelda fan, enjoyed reading this thanks for posting

Is it a sin to play Zelda? Does it offend God if I play a videogame with a fictional religion that was inspired by a polytheistic false religion? Honest question.

May I also add that, from what I remember, the triforce design as inspired by an emblem from an old Japanese clan.

There's nothing wrong with playing vidya in general including games that has fictional religions in said games. Just don't do the following;
1. Decide to make an religion based on fictional media while calling yourself a christian or dropping Christianity for you made up religion that's based on fictional media, ironically or unironically (i.e. the Jedi religion).
2. Take something that happens, be it a section from a vidya or a famous scene from a show/movie, in your favorite media and taking that part way too far for your own good (i.e. that rick and morty sazuan sauce shitstorm from last year).
3. Pull a move that's similar to the Final Fantasy House and believing a bunch of new age trash (i.e. believing that you're an incarnation of another character from any entertainment media).

I'd like to commemorate that it wasn't actually a example: The guy doing it was parodying people in the fandom that acted like that, with some hyperbole thrown in.
Just trust me on this, I didn't save the video where that guy was being interviewed on a small youtube channel because I thought it wouldn't be important

The one guy who was jumping on the counter and then screeching on the floor was acting, but there were still hundreds (thousands?) of people actually standing in line for some crappy soy sauce at McDonalds and yelling like obnoxious children.

I still have a hard time believing that was actually real and not just two NEET lesbians roping losers into providing for them using cult-like tactics (cutting social connections, taking away possessions, emotional manipulation, sleep deprivation).

At least write it in Hylian.

omniglot.com/conscripts/hylian.htm

no its a known fact that god is a newfag and therefore can not triforce

Wisdom is the Son actually.

no its actually a portal to Lorule in zelda

yiiiiiieeeeeeenope . Just a video game.

Attached: Borromean_Rings.png (1726x1713, 838.35K)

Well, I think the Son and the Holy Spirit fit for both courage and wisdom

Meant for this

would you equate soloman's Wisdom to the holy spirit?
and i can see much courage in jesus' passion(suffering).

this would probably all lead to heresy though (the holy spirit is wiser than the father, the father is more powerful than the son, et cetera).