At a young impressinable age, maybe 16/15 or so, I discovered St...

At a young impressinable age, maybe 16/15 or so, I discovered St.Augustine's writings and have related to him in many situations ever since.
My family isnt very religious, if not at all, and when I first had the thoughts of going to a catholic church to "see what it would be like" i did it in secrecy. The thoughts lasted about 4 years and when I finally stepped into a church I was welcomed and the experience led me into RCIA.
I was a wonder to the priests and sisters at the church because I was so young and had come in alone seemingly out of nowhere talking about Augustine, St. Gemma, Padre Pio, John Paul II, my favourite passeges in the bible and so fourth. I was on track to becoming a priest or someone in a high position, like one wonderful sister told me, I believed her and I contiued my almost obsessive self studies of the faith and Catholic church. But it didnt last and I am not sure why. Shortly before my confirmation I became distant with the parish and my visits every sunday dropped to nothing. I didnt hear anything back from the priest about my absence so I didnt think much of the event.

This all happened almost a year ago now and thoughts about returning to the church have been wavering in and out of my mind ever since.

Even during my Augustine phase, I could never truly say i believed in God or heaven or hell etc Even during my RCIA I had doubts about God but there was a strong draw to the church that has always been inside of me. I dont know what to think of these thoughts. If I were to be confirmed id be in confession ever hour, I love to winnie the pooh and swear and drink and do everything that's wrong, but I still observe the significance of the Church and the Bible. What the heck is going on with me

(thanks mods)

Attached: St-Gemma-closeup-photo-11.jpg (492x751, 42.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wXfYjTqfo9o&ab_channel=AscensionPresents
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop being Romist.

What do you mean 'Romist'? You're saying i shouldnt focus on looking up to Catholicism?

Sounds like, tbh, you were more in the church for the reading and philosophy and not really for actual love of God. Don’t worry, I still struggle with the same thing.

Maybe Catholicism is the problem. What about Christianity do you find hard to believe? Could be it's mainly Catholic doctrines that are proving obstacles to you.

I went to the Church because I wanted to be with the church, I would have easily gave up the debauchery if needed. It would be hard but I would have done it, I was so deep into everything

Well It was through the saints and Augustine that led me to the church and I agree with a lot of the doctrines so that cant be the problem.
Although, I have started to think on Calvanism but I think he's retarded, but an interresting retard

What issues are you having with Calvinism? And why do you think he's a retard?

I also started with Augustine. I'm currently attending an Orthodox Church, though. He belongs to the pre-schism Church, though. I think Catholics have kept more to his doctrines, but it's his story that influenced me, anyway, not his doctrines.

His doctrine is the best part

You're a Calvinist? What do you like about his doctrines?

Calvin's claims that a bad man will always be a bad man and not saved is predestined and vice versa is just ridiculous

It's not about liking or not liking. I just see Calvinism as very biblical and a conclusion that one could only come to by the grace of God. If you preach it the responses you get aren't biblical but based on emotion. "Oh, it's unfair" or "God would never do that." The fact that they have preached this shows that God must have revealed it to them.

Also Sola Fide is poop

Gospel of John says that God is love. The God of Calvin is not love. If it was up to me Calvinists would be banned on sight from this board. I would rather even allow Mormons than Calvinists. Anyway, I have no interest in discussing those contemptible heresies. You can see that as a rejection based on emotion if you like. I don't care.

We can get to sola fide later but this is true. Without the grace of God there is no good that we can do. Read Romans 3:10-11

We are even incapable of coming to God out of our own free will
John 6:44

And it takes the power of God to bring us to Him

Ezekiel 36:26

And you can't earn it. It is umerrited.

Yeah they’re annoying but not “lmao get your own planet and have tons of hot spirit sex with your spouse if you join our church :D”

I love the accusation that the Calvinism makes God seem like He does not love. But we believe in the most loving God. His love unconditional in the fullest sense. He doesn't say "hmm, this person has been very good so I will bless him" or "this person has been very bad so I will damn him " rather God's decision is made by love and not by what He sees in you but in merely the fact that you are His child. There's no need to appeal to Him or try to earn His love because He already loves you. And this gives us peace.

Calvinism is just too powerful and redpilled for the average person to accept. By the grace of God we become Calvinists.

Mormonism is retarded, Calvinism is wicked. Anyway, I don't actually want Mormons on the board. I'm saying if I had to choose between them I would choose Mormons, because I'd rather have a retard than someone teaching something fundamentally wicked.

Gee, I guess the apostles and all the early Christians saints, and pretty much almost everyone who ever called themselves a Christian for most of Christian history didn't have the grace of God. Just a couple of eccentric Europeans with hamfisted exegesis.

They did have the holy Spirit, how else would they have recognised the NT canon, trinity, hypostatic union and a host of other theological truths. But I think they're wrong in this area. I've read the early church fathers interpretation of Romans 9 and I couldn't help but chuckle at their reading. Goes to show that the early church fathers might be important for learning the historical interpretation and and the development of theology but you shouldn't rely too much on them since you end up believing in weird things. Catholics have kinda got it right with adopting a lot of Augustine's beliefs.

Sorry, I don't think I have the stomach to continue this conversation. Ugh, effing Calvinists.

Attached: 137593505136.jpg (600x800, 60.94K)

I pray that God reveals Himself to you and takes out your heart of stone for a heart of flesh so that you may believe.

No one is impressed by your false show of piety, Calvinist.

Who am I trying to impress and for what reason? God is already my friend.

Ah, yes, the good old quran kisser.

Attached: john-paul2-kisses-koran_AP_07041603482.jpg (720x540 274.53 KB, 39.93K)

That's not a good thing. Augustine is a saint, a Church Father, but even Fathers are not infallible. There are a great number of faults with Augustine's theology, which the Church condemns now as it did then. Remember that Empress Theodora is also a saint, and she was a devoted Miaphysite. Canonization does not mean someone held to infallible teachings, it means that God has forgiven them their sins and welcomed them into His kingdom.

What part of Augustine's theology do you think is wrong?

I'm becoming Catholic, I am converting from Calvinism, I believe the Church needs to be further reformed and that is my plan.

Why are you leaving Calvinism? I don't think you know much about Calvinism because there's no such thing as a Calvinist church. It's a transdenominational soteriology. There are Anglican Calvinists, Presbyterian Calvinists and reformed Baptist Calvinists.

But please explain why you want to leave Calvinism.

Honestly, my faith has already grown past it, I'm in an intermissional position between Docterines.
I have studied Calvinism heavily, I've literally watched every debate my James White. I realized it's a prescription into spiritual stagnation.
I see it necessary to bend the knee to the Church as we do to Christ, it is his body after all. I believe scriptural authority is a right of decree by the Church (I do not mean Papacy), I see the truth behind the apostolic succession.

I believe in eternal reformation, I do not see how the Protestant circle is continuing to reform, I actually see the opposite, by the dependence on the Bible alone most ideas have been cut off, IE Saints, the Position of Mary being the greatest.

I feel the same way lad. Although I was born Catholic, ive only recently returned with a earnest faith; now that Holy Mother Church is suffering more than ever I feel much good can be done, for "when sin abounds, grace abounds more." Glad you came home, keep the faith lad.

he meant Christs Church needs reformation, you know like St. Francis the good christian, not dumpy splintering Luther and his heretical children of Calvin. He capitalized Church, because hes talking about the True Church, the Church that also needs you. come thru ;^)

Attached: 7b68b7d6662da3106324567ba65538cdc66fade2a4f7dd2fdc4e5af0561f0ded.jpg (564x632, 45.79K)

I did not become a Calvinist because of James White. In fact I never knew James White was even a Calvinist until recently. I became a Calvinist for other reasons after wrestling with God and Him having changed my heart. Now, I'm not saying that you think I'm a Calvinist because of James White but am saying that he isn't the best. RC Sproul has a good lecture where he discusses each one of the points of TULIP. I don't know how intense your study was but there are better resources out there that. James White.

Yeah, this is a common response I get but all it shows is the lack of understanding of the Calvinist position from the opposition. First of all, this concern stems from having a lack of an incentive to do good works. Humans are very works based and desire to recievce some reward for their works. Without it, what's the point of even working hard. But this isn't the attitude we are to have. Our incentive is sanctification. Merely working for God is good enough. When we go church or pray or sing a Psalm, it's not to earn our salvation or to even stay in salvation but rather because we love God and want to please Him. This brings a attitude of sincerity where we work for the glory of God and not to earn His love. So much for the theory of spiritual stagnation, rather it produces good and sincere love from the individual.

Yes, but defining the church is also important.

So do I. But I see it as a spiritual succession as opposed to a carnal one that is done by the laying on of hands.

Once you have accepted Catholicism or orthodoxy you have gotten rid of this. Once dogmas are set there is no room for reformation. Your beliefs have been set in stone and no one has the right to reject it.

Nothing wrong there. Biblically a Saint is just a Christian and Mary is barely even talked about in the Bible. Clearly she is a very important figure but not to the level that orthodox and Catholic hold her up to.

Saint Francis of Assisi? How did he reform the church?

If you think James White isn't a great source of Calvinism then I honestly feel bad for you, I contend he is contemporary yes, but he knows his stuff.
You missed my point entirely about spiritual stagnation, I do not say you cannot grow they, you can. I just see the shallowness of it's potential.
Yes, I agree defining the Church is important, in this case I am talking about the Governance of Docterine and Dogma.
You can be of the 'church' outside of the Catholic Church, but thats not what I'm talking about.
It is not purely Carnal, that is honestly a low blow from you, Please have this discussion in Good Faith. God demands it.
It comes down through tradition, tradition is a vehicle of the Spirit.
You are completely wrong. The Church needs reformation, it has been continually reforming, how do you think Dogmas are made and changed? (Rhetorical please don't answer that)
Every relationship that God has shown deserves the respect of veneration, we do the same with the people of the Old Testament, as we do with Paul and Peter.
Mary's relationship is fully unique, it must been seen as one of the Mysteries, it is part of the revelation, it is just as important as the Cross. (In the sense of Jesus's journey)

The reason why I said James White isn't the best was because a lot of his work, especially in debates, just seem like rhetoric. His exegesis if Romans 9 is superb but by my own reading and studying I've come to my own conclusions and have been able to give a even better Calvinist Interpretation of Romans 9. I can tell you if you want to hear it.

The stagnation only comes from those who are not truly regenerate and aren't driven enough by God's love to do His will. This also applies to all forms of salvation, even the Catholic and Eastern orthodox view which can lead to a certain level of Pelagianism. Of course this doesn't mean that there is something wrong with the method of salvation but rather man instead.

I don't consider the Catholic church to be the Church. It's a different religion at this point.

By carnal I meant defined by the laying on of hands. As though you are apostolic as long as you come from this long line of bishops and priests you are suddenly apostolic. But this isn't a biblical representation but rather a man made one. The church is defined by the 1st century apostles who knew Christ.

If you think the church needs to be reformed then why not join the reformed protestant sect? To what degree do you want this reformation to be?

I don't mind pictures to aid us in worship but a lot of the times Catholics and Eastern orthodox kinda blur the line between idolatry and simple veneration. It's one thing to have images but another to aske the pictures to pray for you, kiss them and burn candles towards them, which biblically is a method of worship that is given to God in revelations but is being done to humans.

We haven't really even begun to discuss the scriptural evidence for Calvinism and it's something I really would like to get into. Putting our human ideas of morality aside for a second and what we think is right and wrong to see how the Bible defines God.

Please do, I'd never halt the showing of truth.
I do not agree, the simplification of "regenerate or not" isn't the answer. Regeneration is not a simple is or isn't, it's a battle. A war wages inside a man, the winner will obviously be God but what degree is up to the will of the Man.
I believe in mysticism is a core of Religious Faith, and it's almost fully denied in the Protestentant circle considered blasphemy by many.
I am sorry you feel that way, God obviously does not.
Thankfully you are not God.
God gave Peter the keys so he may continue the tradition if Christ, These keys are not lost.
I plan to reform the Docterine of Grace of the protestants into the Catholic Church. Not fully, but mostly.
This is one of many things that needs to be done. It is impossible to list them all and I do not wish to.

No ones perfect, no one ever practices religion perfectly or they'd be Christ.

You want me to write an exegesis of Romans 9? Would take too long but James White exegesis of Romans 9 is pretty much perfect but I'll just like to add that in vs 14-18 it's important to know what Paul is talking about. Paul likes to use antitheticals to explain his point. His use of it here is very important when tackling the view that Romans 9 is simply talking about the incongruous nature of faith, which is a myopic view I might add. Here we see two sides of God's role in salvation. God says He will have mercy on whome He wills. That is to say you cannot earn your salvation but it's simply done so by the hand of God. Both Catholics and protestants believe this unless you're some Pelagian. Even Catholics believe that humans are depraved and need God to give them enough grace and depending on how they act based on the grace given determins their salvation. But then Paul goes on to say that He will harden whome He will harden. That is to say just like how God unconditionally gives grace to some so that they can come to Him He also hardens others so that they may not come to the knowledge of God and this too is unconditional. Not in the same sense that the mercying is but just that God is under no obligation to save everyone. And so God graces some by calling them while hardens others by sending lying spirit and hardening the hearts of people so that they can befome vessels of wrath prepared for destruction.

This is what I have found from my own reading. And we know that those who God calls also come and cannot resist this calling because Romans 11:29 states:

You're interpretation is wrong. The people Will harden their own hearts, by the very virtue of what God is. Is by the Nature of God he doesn't have to do anything. But God can and does harden hearts of whom he chooses, but this doesn't account for everybody. God doesn't have to intervene on every bodies half if he doesn't want to.
Let's say a Catholic priest starts molesting children after years of living a true Christian life. God would then intervene to damn them.
Men are born like this, men are born blind in a sinful manner to God. This is why Children are required to be Baptized, so they can see what ways of theirs would sin against God. If they weren't baptized by man they would be blind to the ways of God. God can intervene on those who are not baptized by Man, he can lead them to Him before they are a member of the church (general body of Christ, not Catholicism), there there can be Baptized.

This is literally heresy, you are denying the Free Will of Man.
Wrong, look at the Big Bang, he sets it in motion to do it's own thing and then Intervenes in it personally to Guide it to our Life. Look at genesis please.

I can only suggest to you, that you seriously pray about this. I do it over 3 times a day currently, this is my deliverance.

>This is a very highly debated verse and even the early church fathers aren't unified on what this means but the keys
But the Keys follow all the same rules of the Bible, it must taken physically literally, as well metaphysical real.
If you are consistent with the Bible, everything thing should be taken literally across all the boards. Religiously, Philosophically, Physically.
These are the dimensions of Human the human Mind. Mind, Body, Soul.

please elaborate, I would like to know your hang up.

God speed brother.

Not really. After vs18 we have Paul rephrase a common response he has received from the his brothers in Rome. The verse states:

Paul may only say that because he is baptized.
God only actively hardens when Men are Baptized.
If your not Baptized, its by your own decision.
Free Will, before and after the fall is the same, again look back at genesis.
Being baptized takes your soul state to back before the fall of man.

Yes, he was telling us the truth, it would be better for our Souls if we did, but it us up to us if we want to cut off our areas of sin; Circumcision.

Mass doesn't atone for sins in the way you understand it.
All our sin is forgiven at our Death, as long as we believe onto Christ. God could send a perfect person to hell, because it is Gods decree where we go, no matter our Works.

Doesn't make any sense

Don't know what you're talking about. I've read genesis, all of it, I think you're seeing stuff. Genesis doesn't say that God put things into motion then sat back to see how things would play out and being active during times when He feels like it.

He was being hyperbolic. Like when He says hate your parents and family. It doesn't literally mean that but rather love God more in comparison.

Confession takes away mortal sins and mass is considered to be a propitiatory sacrifice that makes present again the sacrifice of the cross.

< And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”
7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.

Hyperbolic is just one interpretation my friend. You need to examine all of them.

It's there to strengthen faith and to forgive you of accumulated sin of your life. It does not remove the final judgement of Sin.

What do you think that verse means?

Nope, it's a sin to cut your own skin let alone get rid of an entire limb

Not confession. That actually takes away mortal sin. And mass is the biggest issue.

Genesis 1:6, shows that God 'Set' The Universe into Motion Via the Big bang.

Paul does not say Circumcision is bad, he merely says it is not needed.

Sorry I'm dyslexic, Mass is the Eucharist and it's functions.

Watching this video may be of some help to you. Maybe you should join the discord instead of posting here, though. There is an invite in the meta post. youtube.com/watch?v=wXfYjTqfo9o&ab_channel=AscensionPresents

What a mess

No, I think you're reading that in. Even in the very you quoted it talks about God actively causing the waters to split. And you can't use this verse to somehow make all the verses in the Bible about God decreeing things and predestining things void. It's the first rule of hermeneutics where you start off with a clear verse and read the unclear verse in light of the clear one. This is a single verse, which isn't even talking about free will but rather God creating the world. You're gonna need a better verse than this to prove what you're saying as well as deal with the bulk of the Calvinist arguments.

Wasn't talking about circumcisions. It is a sin according to proverbs 11:17

The New Testament and Old Testament follow different laws of understanding.
I am explaining my own view of things.

You do realize that, if you say you believe in Christianity, yet disagree with how the first Christians defined, lived and interpreted the faith, you're not a Christian anymore and basically what Western Buddhism is to actual Buddhism, right?

Attached: 2ddc23e3b4a5ee4ae0e8f6459adf61b51ed1f0459ce44b23a2f1c15049d4d58c.jpg (431x322, 27.3K)

Nope.
Church Fathers can interpret things wrongly.
No comment on if they interpreted Romans 9 the wrong way. That's up to the Church.

You're welcome friend, easily happens whenever one has an internet hiccup. ;>

So what's the answer? Protestantism? Lol. Orthodoxs? The guys that splitted over politics? Top kek.

Read the history of the Church lad and read also other church fathers and Aquinas.

One thing more OP. Christianity isn't about what I feel or if I feel good about it.
Its about the truth. Just because you're not getting that honeymoon feels it is you that are wrong not the church.
Also Satan always uses feelings to draw people away from God.
To faggots like the charismatics or pentecostals he uses their fellings of happiness to make them stay in their heresy.
To devout people he tries to make them feel sad and other shit hoping they will turn away from God.
Go to confession ASAP talk with your priest and start going to church fast.

What? We can objectively prove that some of the beliefs of the early church was outright wrong. I can give you examples where some of their interpretation of the Bible so bad that one could question if they were even reading from the same Bible. And to talk about earliest Christianity, bear in mind that most of the 2nd century church fathers, Clement of Rome to Tertullian or origen, did not have the same beliefs and the Roman church. By your standards they're Christians and youre not.

You say you lack faith but also admit to the following:
Mortal sin, any attachment to sin in general, is an offense to God and our relationship with Him, which will lead to a loss of grace, and as a consequence, to a loss of faith. I recommend reading through St. Francis de Sales' "Introduction to a Devout Life".

Attached: St. Francis of Sales_Introduction to the Devout Life.png (682x904, 76.11K)

Also, remember that love is an act of will. You must actively seek to love God. No one but you yourself can do this for you.

So fall in love with God, is my advice. Which is quite easy to do, because God is quite lovable. See Jesus Christ and the Saints, for example.

Attached: annunciation1700.jpg (700x532, 71.24K)

You're a reprobate because you masturbate and watch porn. Faith is a gift of justification from God. When you sin you lose justification and the faith. Stop being an effeminate masturbator and go to an sspx, fssp, or icrss parish

Why the history, I already know it quite well, same with Aquinas. People in this thread seem to think that the problemis catholicism but I love catholicism ,I dont want to leave it

I dont believe in "GOD" persay but I do believe there may be "Him" , does that make sense?

I hate porn, I like nutting on girls and getting close to knocking up teenagers and college girls at parties. There's no way that I'm stopping that right now which is why I question myself as to why Im still drawn to the Church

Aye, your lustful inclinations take pleasure in defiling girls that you have no bodily rights over. You will never enter the church until you give up this effeminate practice and accept it as a vapid empty existence and embrace masculine chastity. The spirit of fornication eventually leads to sodomy so beware of Asmodeus who waits for you to make you his sodomite

And you wonder why you feel less drawn to faith?
Satan has taken over your mind.
Discipline your body. Don't you know it is a temple of the Holy Spirit?
Then don't winnie the pooh it up.
Win over your urges.
A man who lives a life dictated by his passions is a slave.
Only the truth can set your free.
Stop going to those parties and having sex right now user.

Disgusting.

I don't know, sounds like you jumped in courageously, but as is typical with youth, didn't weigh up the costs. There's a parable about this; and you appear to be the king that went to war only to discover that you needed reinforcements you didn't have. (Luke 14:31)

It's a lifelong commitment. I chose it at a crisis point in my study of philosophy and my life where I decided to have faith, but not to "believe," I recognize that I could be wrong and the atheists could be right. At bottom, the only thing I truly believe is that the kind of life that Christ demands of us is the best kind of life and that I would rather suffer with nobility than be engulfed by sloth. I have faith that this will bring me an eternal reward, but ultimately I am a Christian not because of this reward, it's because of what I want to be.

You seem fascinated with Christianity and I encourage it, but it hasn't seized you.

A prophecy: This is both why you left and why you'll be back.

Attached: God's Work.jpg (500x500, 33.1K)

Im not gay wtf

Thanks, you seem to understand what I mean quite well.
I'd like to note that even while I was in the Church and deep into my RCIA, I didnt bother about afterlife/heaven/eternity etc to this day I dont give a damn about it and think its a nuance. I dont know why, it just doesnt appeal to me in anyway. What I do Love is the teachings of the new test and the heroic and inspiraitonal stories of the old test. I particularly loved reading about the life of David, he felt very relatable to me.

I wish i knew why i dont care for heaven , hell and God, but I cannot place my finger on it. I dont tend to think of God in the sense that he's an ALMIGHTY but more of a spiritual omnipresent that isnt particularly tied to one church, but that contradicts my arguments because I think the Catholic church IS the only Church and the true Chruch of christ. I wish I could lay out my thoughts better but we're on the internet

Attached: jp-ii-shaving.jpg (510x311, 48.2K)

I wish I knew why these things plauge my head so much, I wish I could make sense of it all.
If I even brought up that I have doubts in the current understanding of God the priest would just shut me down anyway. I love the church, I love everything about the Church but i dont line up with it well . I kind of hurts

Attached: St-Gemma-Galgani-color-picture-123.jpg (601x712, 48.36K)

No problem; I know why you don't care for heaven, hell or God. You're too old to have the simple faith of a child, yet not old enough for the reality of death and time to really hit.

As I said in I'm not worried about your situation

Indeed, he should, there's no reason to go inventing stuff. And no you don't line up with the church well. It is not easy, I have to warn you that when you return, if you return (which I think is likely), you will be deeply pained by what you are doing with your life at the present. It will be hard, and there will be suffering. These and other pains and crosses are things you will later treasure more than your current hedonism. But you do not have this faith at the moment.

Gays aren't born gay. They become gays.
Once one goes down the ladder of fornication the probabilities of becoming a faggot, or putting it in another way, trying new stuff, increases exponentially.
Not everyone becomes one, but the chances are way higher.
No he wouldn't wtf he desires your convertion. If you are willing to chance its his duty to help you.

You're a virgin to misery, you have no reason to call upon God, so you don't give Him the time of day. Just don't let your misery be in catching STDs because that would legitimately suck.

Attached: e97.png (680x1046, 764.49K)

Oh, and another thing from

Hmmm, let's try to simplify things:

I'd say some actually are born "gay" (homosexual tendecies), as all Man is born in a sinful nature.

I didn't quit i just slowly stopped appearing, its not like I thought "hey i want to leave" I didnt jump straight into the den of thieves after i left. Get grip dude

Huh? What're you even trying to say

lol dude im not frickin gay

I know death, I know how short of a time we have but it just doesnt scare me. Its like im desensitized. Nobody here seems to understand that, especially Christians, particularly Protestants.

But why ? Luther, Calvin and Smyth did. I wouldnt go against the Church itself, I support it wholly.

Your words hit me throughouly and I'm thankful
that you seem to understand my troubles well enough. I thought about going back to the parish today, just to neal and think for a bit but I didnt and now the urge has gone.
Have you gone through a similar story to mine?

For now. Everyone has heard stories of mass fornicators that one day went to the other side.
Stop being a fornicator. It's an almost unstoppable ride from there on.

And when I say that im not scared of death that doesnt mean I dont cherish life and the beauty of the world.
Really, It just means that I dont see the meaning for all this fear and urgency that surrounds the panic of hell/heaven/god etc, but i do understand why others have this inbeded fear, but i just dont, at least not in that same way. I'm too fearless and erratic . Maybe its because im super young, i really dont know and i cant be botherd to dwell on it so much for the reasons stated above

When you get urges like that, to act Holy God is prodding you. Open your eyes

I don't expect that you fear death, in fact you wish for it. At least I did.

That was the most painful thing about becoming Christian; first I thought of death and said it was no big deal, because I was content with dying one day, then as I struggled with faith I decided that rather than shun otherworldly hope that it wasn't flawed or intellectually dishonest to have hope, and then lastly I wished for death again because I had sinned so much.

This is why I don't think you've experienced enough – maybe it's a misnomer to say you haven't got a grip on death, but I had the impression personally that on some level I only thought I was prepared for death. In fact I was terribly under-prepared because I assumed the outcome would be the finality of non-existence. Merely coming to terms intellectually and emotionally with the possibility that death may not be final and certain is pretty winnie the pooh miserable. Eternal life might seem nice and happy, but the cost is Judgement, and that's not going to be so nice.

I feel as though I went through a similar story with less sex. Also you're not desensitized to death, you're just afraid that you won't. If you knew for a fact right now that you will awake from death to be judged and then live forever, you'd have a literal breakdown. Hell, I probably would too. It's a good thing neither of us won't ever know for sure and will have to rely on faith; there's only so much a person can take.

Not every time I feel like going to church is a god prodding me, come on

This here, I dont particularly care for an eternal life and stuff. It just sounds like a treat for being good the way people write and talk about it, like that cant be right, people should be good because being good is an hounrable thing, being good to others and yourself is love and love is wonderful.
Beyond that, It just isnt something that sounds interresting, it sounds ridiculous and "otherworldly", i hate it. To me, we have only one world and we should make it the best place we can for the people we love and share it with, winnie the pooh this heaven and hell shit its so winnie the pooh stupid and gets in the way of what really matters. It reminds me of how Jehovah Witnesses use heaven and eternal life as some draw to their apocalypse religion .

There is only One God, and Yes everytime you feel those urges God is trying to help you.

Well, it is otherworldly, but it doesn't get in the way of what matters. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that what goes on here on earth matters most, that we have this one dear little "pale blue dot" to quote Carl Sagan, to make the most out of. I don't disagree that we should be making the most out of our time here, but I disagree about how that is best achieved. You think having fun is making the most out of it, but you're wrong, the scales just haven't fallen from your eyes yet. You see physical beauty in women, and don't question it because you're having fun. This won't last, but whatever.

You just aren't there yet. It's lamentable, but you're still too young to dig deeper; the way you flippantly use the word love shows it. Maybe you haven't even experienced romantic love because you don't show any indication of having done so. This is why I said you're a virgin to misery because love is filled with suffering; and the way you speak persuades me that there isn't a cause, a woman, an ideal or a country that you would die defending. You haven't been captivated by love, so God eludes you. But I pray that will change for you, you seem to want it to change so much too, which is good, it makes you different from most young men.

Attached: TramwayToHell.jpg (900x475, 68.46K)

It does, its where we live and interact with others, it matters tremendously

No, I just said sharing love is what should be done. When I say love Im reffering to the love of respecting others, happiness and joy etc not romance but that too can count.

You care too much to create assumpions on my character and give little notice to my words. You're really annoying , no offence

Attached: news-graphics-2007-_648873a.jpg (250x320, 18.38K)

There are many things I would die for. I would die for my country, I would die for someone who I love in the blink of an eye. I would also kill for what I love and chase what I love and etcetera

That's neither the first, nor the last time I've been called annoying. Ah well, but I've been paying close attention to your words, they're interesting. Really what you should get is that I'm completely curious to understand you. It sure as hell didn't occur to me in my teenage years to go visit a Catholic church in secret, in fact I was an anti-Catholic. It's good I got over that bit of edge in the long run though.

You're very sure of yourself. When my life went to basic shit earlier this year I was utterly powerless to fix it, no amount of chasing or dying or killing could change the circumstances. So you see this is why I think you're too young; you're still going through that phase of teenage omnipotence.

But overall you don't seem to be Christian and that's fine. Sure come and view us at our zoo if you're curious, but you just haven't made a leap of faith, it's as simple as that.

It's alright, I hope I didnt insult you or anything.

I dont think I will for a very long time

I didnt mean to imply there were more than one, i used to to reference "a spirit", "a lord", "a god"

But you won't really try to change even a tiny bit right now? What you happen if you died right now? It would be better for you not to exist than going down there.
Even if you don't care about dying and going to hell at least think that everytime you sin you hurt the Lord.
Remember when Jesus was in so much pain that he sweated blood? It was because he felt the weight of every sin in the world upon him. Every time you sim is another drop of blood Jesus sweats. It's anlther sin more he needs to die for.
Even when I didn't realise the true nature of hell's suffering I still didn't sin not to hurt the Lord Jesus. I was giving a shit if I went to hell, but I wanted to cause the least amount of suffering to the Lord, to go to hell, but at least with a peaceful conscience that I did my best.

I'm not overly bugged by being called annoying, arguably Christ was the most annoying since he called people out for their sin. Most Christian people are so annoying to secular people because spiritual understanding can come off as taking a conversational tone reminiscent of a parent. This is only natural, technically He is our Father in heaven, so His wisdom kinda feels like the kind of wisdom that you left or will leave your parents home so that you'll never have to deal with it again. This is why I say teenage-hood is incompatible with it.

Also I misread your musings on love because I was tired, sorry for that, but love is in my experience, miserable. There's a reason the virgin is depicted with her heart being stabbed and mutilated in ways I can't even keep track of. It's not just saccharine kitsch Catholic lawn-art. Life really blows, and even more so for the saints; I say this not so you never try, in fact you must, but just to forewarn.

If I were you I'd avoid sex for mere pleasure though, doing so will just make life harder later.

You will eventually become a sodomite if you continue down your path. This is theological doctrine and you intuitively know it to be true. Beelzebub who is the demon of fornication hands over his possessees (you) to Amodeus who is the demon of sodomy and then they hand you over to baphomet who is the demon of child sacrifice

You don't want heaven because your will is corrupted against God. You don't fear hell because you don't fear God which is the beginning of wisdom. You're not worried about hell because your will is ordered towards it. And then when your will is fixed after death you will hate God and dive into hell.

I know because I used to be the same. I recommend watching Fr Ripperger's 4 last things videos to understand death judgment heaven and hell.

How curious you sycophantly look up to the fornicator and say heresies like its fine not to be a christian, look at us in the zoo lel

And when someone chastises the fornicator with orthodox catholic theology you immediately call him a puritan heretic stuck in the 1600s. You obviously idolise fornicators over God.

Virtue signallers are the worst. Always self obsessed too.

For God's sake what's wrong with you?

We are entreated by God to treat others with respect, regardless of their religion, not tell them they'll be gaped in hell by Asmodeus unless they convert. Pascal had it right; if you want to convince someone, see your way to exploring common ground rather than have a shrill noise making competition.

Nor am I spouting heresies. Read 1 Peter 3:15, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 and lastly Romans 2:1 and if you've ever committed any of the sodomy you condemn so forcefully, I advise you to read Matthew 7:1.

You are in a state of grave sin, you're full of pride and contempt.

In fact, you imagine that you are better, but your pride puts you in a worse position than OP, who merely indulges lust. The prostitutes will go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do (Matthew 21:31).

Meanwhile, you won't even have to worry about Asmodeus, you'll be in the deep icy hole of Tartarus with Lucifer himself.

winnie the pooh off

Spiritual reality and its objects such as God, or heaven and hell, or goodness, acquire more significance than the objects of material reality because these are necessarily more permanent. They are more real in fact than what we take to be real through our limited powers of perception. By loving the things of the spirit, even by preferring them to everything else, we simply do justice to them. It isn't exactly about hating the material, because in truth everything belongs to God and finds its source in Him, even to the extent that when we do good to others, we're in fact doing good to God (Matt. 25:35-40). But rather, should there arise any conflict between these two fields, as is the case with evil, then we are to hate the material and love the spirit, which is the only truly real one of the two. It is thus that Jesus could say: "If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to depart into hell."

Attached: the gift_peter kreeft.png (1250x746, 172.65K)

You shall not take the Lords name in vain.

I am treating him with respect otherwise I would not be warning him. Don't mistake treating people with respect with wanting to bbe respected by people especially fornicators, which you desire. You realise admonishing sinners is a spiritual work of mercy right? Being a friend of the world is to be an enemy of God.

I never said he was going to be gaped in hell by asmodeus, you shall not bear false witness.

You friends of the world and lovers of human respect are so quick and easy to presume God's mercy for unrepentant sinners and to excuse them but hypocritically condemn and judge those who warn and admonish those sinners. To you the only sin is to practice the catholic faith. How ironic that you accuse me of pride right as you usurp the authority of God and the priests to declare I am in a state of grave sin for not congratulating and being chummy to a fornicator.

Out of curiosity are you a masturbator and watcher of porn: an actual symptom of pride to the point of reprobation as st Paul teaches?

You came as a narcissistic attention seeker attempting to boast of many vain things especially sexial perversions. That's typical sodomite behaviour. You are touchy about being warned you're on the path to becoming a sodomite. You're insecure because by intuition you knows its true and lash out in fear because you are too effeminate to give up your perversions. It hurts your self image because you think so highly of yourself yet like the picture of Dorian gray you know your soul is a corrupt lowly shameful distortion of God's image