IT'S HAPPENING

catholicherald.co.uk/news/2018/11/28/second-newman-miracle-confirmed/

IT'S HAPPENING

SAINT JOHN HENRY NEWMAN

Everyone should read Newman, by the way.

Attached: John_Henry_Newman_by_Sir_John_Everett_Millais,_1st_Bt.jpg (2400x3104, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

catholicworldreport.com/2018/10/09/john-henry-newmans-long-war-on-liberalism/
amazon.com/Fifteen-Sermons-Preached-University-Between/dp/0268009961/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1543612118&sr=8-5&keywords=john henry newman sermons
orthodoxwiki.org/Vladimir_(Guettée)
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wladimir_Guettée
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Saint Newman, pray for us.

Holy shit balls

No way Francis will confirm him

catholicworldreport.com/2018/10/09/john-henry-newmans-long-war-on-liberalism/

No thanks

FINALLY.

I don't get it user.
The Church hates liberalism.

Brainlet here. Who is this Newman. What miracles has he done?

OP's post contains a link to one.

Newman was an Anglican theologian that started reading the church fathers. He made a movement trying to make Anglicanism more close to Catholicism but eventually he along with othera converted to Catholicism during the so called Catholic emancipation in the U.K.
He then was a very good apologist against the prots.

Attached: 2F55385AC8B8438A967673890C93BF11.jpeg (850x400, 38.42K)

To be deeper in history is to cease to be Roman Catholic. The RCC was founded by Adrian I and raised by Gregory VII.

Attached: VLADIMIR_GUETTE.GIF (174x240, 34.97K)

Why shit up the thread man

To be knowledgeable on history is to cease to be Modern Russian Orthodox. The Russian church died when Nikon made his reforms ;^) .

Attached: B0C691B1-C33D-4395-8FC5-9EC0F3279A86.jpeg (324x315, 47.35K)

Nikon did nothing wrong.

Attached: babushkot.jpg (500x548, 56.78K)

Now THIS is ortholarping!

Literally everything Newman wrote is fantastic. Even the stuff he wrote when he was a Protestant is good. I think the best place to start with him are the sermons he preached at Oxford.

amazon.com/Fifteen-Sermons-Preached-University-Between/dp/0268009961/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1543612118&sr=8-5&keywords=john henry newman sermons

Attached: 42sVHBVM_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19.13K)

To be esoterically woke in history is to cease using non-KJV Bibles. Other manuscript traditions were corrupted by the Roman Catholics through the centuries and the 47 translators of the KJV were expert scholars who used the Textus Receptus which is the only divinely inspired set of Greek texts based off of the divinely preserved Byzantine manuscript tradition. Amen.

Attached: TOorCNR (1)

nice try Rabbi, you can keep your filthy Masoretic

Attached: f0f4c7bbb47d3567e7c923ecbc15a28f55bd183e483615dcb6fb2f6d6c570bf1.webm (632x718, 628.95K)

Attached: 38ADAA93-B747-469E-BB2D-20B56AD7FDCB.jpeg (750x423, 132.42K)

Nice try Rabbi.

Nowhere do I see child sacrifice and the use of magical incantations. Also the fact you think a rabbi would defend a book that has myriads of antetypes to Jesus Christ is laughable.

Your cover has been blown, Shlomo. Go home.

I’ll leave, but I’m still not the one using the Jewish Cano and the Jewish version.

No on second thought I’ll just leave this here:

Attached: 4919D0F5-7F36-4BD7-8F5F-CBD8FB3BB922.jpeg (512x800, 160.52K)

That's my boy.
Great man with great arguments.

t. catholic hoping for the re-union of the churches

Who is this Vladimir Guette? I can't find anything on him

I'll just leave this here:
Council of Carthage 397AD
Vs
Protestant Canon circa 1520AD

I wonder who's right. The early Christians or a bunch of retards who follow the council of Jamnia.

Wladimir Guettée (René François of it's original name) was a french theologian (mostly historian of the Church) who loved his church, the gallican (french) Church. And he believed in the autonomy it had (defended by people like Bossuet, defended by the immense majority). He left the catholic church when ultramontanism, with the jesuist, won with the proclamation of dogma of the infaillibility. Indeed, at his time, the gallicanism, defense of the local church, have been destroyed because of a political manipulation, the jesuits using the fight against jansenism as a pretext to impose the doctrinal autority (not ratified the gallican church) to France. He destroy it, showing it can't be a dogma since it have not been held everywhere everytime in the Church, using the definition of saint Vincent of Lerins (father of the Church). He use the Church fathers (including Gregory the great in his letters) against the primauty of juridiction of Rome. He also fight what can be considered prelest in the catholic church. Indeed, he is against the new dogma (cf saint Vincent of Lerins) of the immaculate conception of Mary. So, he says Lourdes can't be used to define a dogma since it is a private revelation, so the content of the revelation can't be sure 100%. He destroy the new concept of "living tradition" invented in this context, and theorised by the ultramontanists and omnipresent nowadays. Here is some things I have seen about him. That's quite an interesting figure.

Some link :
orthodoxwiki.org/Vladimir_(Guettée)
Here in french, if you speak it :
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wladimir_Guettée

This is great.
Always loved this guy.
T. Orthodox

Doctor of the church when?

Well that's rather more damning of Francis than I would venture, because as the article points out, Newman's liberalism was code for doctrinare secularism, not the quality of an open and unprejudiced mind which deserves the title of "liberal." If you want my two-cents it's that Francis thinks that he is liberal in the latter sense and is oblivious to liberalism as secularism.

He's a bit fuddled too when he criticized American libertarianism having mistook it entirely for some kind of Sadean libertinism.

Wasnt he a catalyst for vat2?

Also pretty sure the formal saint process means nothing these days. Everyone gets canonised

He was basically a crypto-modernist, or maybe a moderate modernist if such a term is meaningful.

Why respond to valid criticism with namecalling man

nice wall of text. liberals can't do anything right

- St. John of Damascus, Exposition of the Orthodox Faith: Book 4 Chapter 17

Absolute nonsense

He tried to undermine the Syllabus Errorum and was slightly opposed to Pius IX generally.

Saints often disagree with each other, often bitterly. St. Hippolytus and several Popes of Rome, so far as to be schismatic, but was reconciled to the Church before his death; Pope St. Stephen and St. Cyprian disagreed on the subject of baptism, though they’re both Saints. In the end, Newman was made a Cardinal by that saintly Pope, Leo XIII, died in good standing with the Church, and was endorsed by the Bishop of Limerick and Pope St. Pius X. All this despite his disagreements with Pope Bl. Pius IX.

It is worth noting that he agreed that the Errors listed in Syllabus Errorum were errors; and that it ‘is to be received with profound submission, as having been sent by the Pope's authority to the Bishops of the world.’ (Letter to the Duke of Norfolk)

the mark of a true Saint is obedience, I wish others would understand this

trash post

I wish the faithful would understand it mostly.