Thoughts?

thoughts?

Attached: 1511934716213.png (3327x4418, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

chrisharrison.net/index.php/Visualizations/BibleViz
contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No thoughts, only herbs; sage to be precise.

It was written by men and then perverted by men over millennia. This is too be expected because man is a fallen creature.

What is bait?

Attached: sage.jpg (700x466, 23.18K)

Surprised someone put in the effort to make it.
Most of it is ambiguous chronology and numericals, missinterpretation, literaly meaningless small details and a very bare to nil understanding of higher metaphor.
Would love to see some autism on youtuber pick apart this list one by one.

I knew I recognized that graph.
chrisharrison.net/index.php/Visualizations/BibleViz

contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/

When you look at the list of supposed contradictions, most are very easily resolved. There are entire categories of non-contradictions on that list, such as those stemming from the Hebrew term for father also being able to be used for grand(+)fathers and the several differing numbers (all counted as individual contradictions) between the results of the pre- and post-migration censuses at the end of the Babylonian exile.

I've looked into one of those lists before, not sure if this is the same as in OP. It mostly was a proof that whoever made it couldn't read, or was hoping that the readers can't and that they'll just accept this very long list at face value.
Taking this one by one is going to be a painful chore.

You don't read the bible exactly like you would a scientifical treatise.

Doesn't need to be painful. Could be fun. You might learn a lot about the Bible by going through this list. I'm considering to have a look at it when I have a day off work.

Incidentally this is one of the problems with Sola Scriptura. Having only the text with no overarching context lends to either overly literal or overly allegorical interpretations, a hermeneutic of whimsy.

Oh I'm laffin

What? Where?

www.bibviz.com

All the miracles are listed as scientific absurdities. Apparently they don't know what "miracle" means.

This truth will hurt a large percentage of this board. Luther was right again.

Attached: catholics btfo.JPG (1039x480, 117.98K)

There are zero contradictions in the Bible, even reading in the historical-grammatical method (literalism)
It is not wrong to investigate any apparent contradictions though. If there really were one the Bible should not be viewed as divinely inspired.

See the Chicago statement

Attached: Screenshot_20181130-132719_01.png (1080x1844, 333.3K)

I noticed they leave the Quran alone.

That's because they are obviously not Islamophobic, you bigot.

Couldn't have put it better myself. And then ends up just producing people like Pic related. Who then just become the super duper skeptic.

Attached: mr skeptic.png (700x935, 2.5M)

I looked up the last contradiction on that list, about Noah entering the Ark, and it is nothing more than a misunderstanding of the grammar. Noah didn't enter the Ark after 40 days of rain, he entered it on the day it began, and it says it clear as day. Whoever wrote this has never read a book written before the 20th century.

Doesn't this have a specific name as a fallacy?
Just giving a huge, unsorted mess as a source you damn well know nobody is going to read and calling it an argument?
There used to be this Presbyterian poster who would post this 4+ hour long video 'disproving' certain catholic points and when you skim through it you'd already find some real stupid shit yet he'd call you out for not viewing the entire bloody thing.
This kind of fallacy HAS to have a name.

I don't know if there is a proper name for this, but Gish Gallop describes this technique. I found this ironically on the (((RationalWiki))).

Attached: Gish-Gallop-technique.png (1134x1446, 535.59K)

The whole quote describes the exact state every thread had where that 4+ hours video was posted by that Presbyterian.
Kind of sad it already has a name, I was just about to call it the [my family name] fallacy. Oh well.

This picture was debunked years ago